SWSH 12.5 Crown Zenith / VSTAR Universe Discussion Thread

Got myself an Elite Trainer Box, pulled that absolutely stunning Galarian Gallery Lapras! Other hits were Galarian Gallery Magmortar, Radiant Eternatus, Zacian VSTAR, Duraladon VMAX, the signed Raihan Holo, and a regular old Kyogre V. Sadly, I only managed to pull one of the cards I need for my illustrator collections. I did also get these wonderful Reverse Holos which I’m sure my good friend @stagecoach would appreciate!

3 Likes

Hey there I noticed you posted some really off-center cards in an attempt to cause me severe psychic damage. Can you come outside alone I need to talk to you.

(staring at your window from across the street)

9 Likes

looks like pokemoncenterjp is doing another lottery for VU which confirms wave 2

2 Likes

Why do you think they downgraded Crown Zenith so much in comparison to Vstar Universe?

I just opened my first Crown Zenith product and was left a bit disappointed. With VStar Universe, every pack was a joy to open. Three Holos in one Pack, high chance of a card with amazing art and fantastic special Rares. But Crown Zenith just feels like any other set. Even the pack art went from VStar Universes high class gold to Crown Zeniths nondescript black.
I get that the Sets in the West are different from the Japanese sets, but Crown Zenith is just a shadow of what Vstar Universe is.

Why do you think TPCi sabotaged the set so much?

4 Likes

not sure they “sabotaged” the set as much as this is just how the west presents their sets. high class packs of japan/etc are designed in a way where it is more enjoyable every time you open one.

2 Likes

I both knew this would happen and am still somehow surprised.

1 Like

Yeah, sabotaged was a bit of an overexaggeration. Is still think they did not do themselves any favors by straying that far a way from the high class approach.

Let’s hope that at least the pull rates will be decent.

from what i’ve seen, an ETB provides quite a bit of excitement on average. been seeing roughly 1-2 ARs, 1-2 SARs, and 1-2 secret rare energies, trainers, or gold

From my Pokemon Center etb+. Would have preferred two alt pokemon versus the trainers, but I’ll take a double alt art pull

4 Likes

Seems like alternate art pulls are getting easier in this set. Weird

been seeing a ton of loaded etb hauls

2 Likes

CHR/Art rares have never looked right to me with the yellow borders. They’re just far to jarring. Happy silver is here to help those in english going forward

4 Likes

Yes thank god the mustard yellow is gone.

2 Likes

I was weak. I broke and got a second ETB. Please forgive me.

:pensive:

Here’s what I pulled from two regular Elite Trainer Boxes;

Plus a Reverse Holo Oranguru for my Sekio collection. I’m enjoying this set so much that I was briefly tempted to get a third box, but I have decided to be a responsible adult and just purchase the remaining cards I need for my illustrator collections directly.

4 Likes

Decided to open a booster box cause it had loose shrink wrap. Loose Shrink = Two SAR. Confirmed.

8 Likes

For those who have opened both VSTAR Universe and CZ – did CZ seem worth opening to you? I have 3 ETB’s that I preordered way back when, but after plenty of boxes of VSTAR Universe I’m worried I set the bar a little high.

I got a good rush out of the Japanese box I opened so I decided to open a Pokemon Center ETB. I think this is the best luck I’ve ever had opening any Pokemon product.

This is from one ETB. Your results may vary.

9 Likes

Those yellow borders on the AR makes me not want to open the ETB but I will.

2 Likes

at least the other hits don’t have the mustard stains

1 Like

I think Crown Zenith does enough to enter my top 5 favourite sets! I’ll be going for a complete GG set and got a great start thanks to 2 fantastic ETBs :slight_smile:

1 Like