surfnsnow's collection - JR Rally Mt Fuji Pikachu

Hey efour,

I’m pretty new here and just getting into collecting. My 6 year old got me interested in Pokemon and I found out it’s really fun. I’ve been having a blast playing on PTCGO too.

Anyway, I’m going for Shadowless holos in PSA 8 atm, so here’s my first graded card:

Seems like Shadowless Chansey is pretty scarce so I figured I’d grab one while I could.

That’s all for now, more to come…

Hopefully my photos will improve too

Edit: Replaced the photo with a better one :blush:

15 Likes

Found a friend for Chansey:

Plus I got this Magikarp just because I, um, like Magikarp…

9 Likes

When do you plan on pulling the trigger on the zard?

1 Like

Soon I hope. Been PM-ing with a couple of members trying to work something out.

Ok, so I got the Charizard out of the way thanks to a member here. Pretty stoked on this card:

I now have Shadowless Alakazam, Chansey and Charizard in PSA 8. Going for one of Blastoise, Venusaur or Clefairy next but looking out for the others as well.

Also picked up this Shining Karp:

Thanks for looking :blush:

15 Likes

Haven’t posted in a while but I’ve added quite a few cards to my collection. Will do a series of small updates to my collection thread so as not to post too much at once.

Still working on the Shadowless 8 set - only 2 cards to go. I also branched out and bought these Japanese Legendary Birds from the Red/Green Gift Set.

I like the way the swirl on the Zapdos is positioned at the Wing Tip!

Still looking for the Articuno.

Will post more updates soon! Thanks for looking :blush:

8 Likes

Picked up a couple of my favorite Team Rocket cards: Dark Blastoise and Dark Charizard in PSA 9

Also added this PSA 10 karp to the slowly expanding Magikarp Squad

10 Likes

Nice pickups did you pickup that moltres and zapdos on efour how much did they cost?

1 Like

Gotta love those Team Rocket cards. Congrats! :blush:

1 Like

@zards_r_us Thanks! I got the Moltres and Zapdos on eBay as Best Offers.

Nice collection you have. :blush:

Which cards do you need for the Shadowless 8 set? I might be able to help.

@poken00b88 Thanks! I need Gyarados and Machamp. PM me if you can help.

Got the Shadowless Blastoise in PSA 8 awhile back but haven’t posted it yet. Also picked up Squirtle and Wartortle in 10s. Here are all 3 together followed by individual cards:

Lastly, gotta end with a new member of the Magikarp Squad - Pikachu Pretend Magikarp:

6 Likes

I decided to dip my toe in the No Rarity waters and added this Magikarp to the squad:

PSA 10 is only Pop 3! I know @megashiningmagikarp has one of them because I saw it on his IG. Not sure who has the other?

As always, thanks for looking :blush:

6 Likes

Rocket is maybe my favorite set at the moment, I’m about to send in a good chunk of the non-holo 1st editions for grading (plus a Dark Raichu). And I’m all about pretend Pikachu/Pikachu poncho promos, I can’t wait for them to release more!

1 Like

Very nice addtion @surfnsnow :wink: Would be interesting to see who has the other karp.

Hey all,

Haven’t posted in a while. Been busy landing and starting a new job :blush:

I’ve sent in a few cards through Ludkins (thanks Charlie). Here’s the highlight from my last PSA submission:

Magikarp squad power up!

Peace,
Surfnsnow

10 Likes

I finally picked up the Articuno in PSA 10 to complete this Red/Green Gift Set Legendary Birds Trio. I managed to snag it for a decent price in a recent PWCC auction.

10 Likes

Recently picked up my favorite Surfing Pikachu variant: JR Rally with Mt Fuji. Yeew!

I’ll be keeping it sealed for now…

Row 1 column 1 Row 1 column 2

Peace and thanks for looking!

11 Likes

Great collection addition. The JR Mt Fuji Pikachu is one of my favorite early Japanese promos.

1 Like