Subbasshead Gold Star collection (Updated)

Thank you all, I’m one step closer to completing my Gold Star set. Never thought I’d own 10 PSA 10 1st ed. Japanese Gold Stars: imgur.com/a/2wAJW

6 Likes

This what it’s all about folks; no flipping, no investing, just one collector hoping to complete the set, and hoping you’ll help me see it through. I am however disappointed with the grade I received for the Flareon, seeing as how I’ve been looking for the card for 4+ years, but I digress, I am more than satisfied with the feed back they gave me (i.e. “Centering”) Some told be to send it in for a review, and am wondering if E4 sees fit to agree.

11 Likes

Awesome Gold Star collection so far!

I do hate to be “that guy”, but the Jolteon/Vaporeon/Flareon you currently have are PLAY Promo gold stars, they are tecnhically not the WCP 1st edition variants of the trio. But they are still rarer and in some opinions, more desirable than the 1st editions! :blush:

1 Like

Exactly, plus there’s the whole point accumulation aspect of it that lends itself to be that much more desirable. Plus us having two holo varients of the Johto Eeveelutions is a major bragging right as compared to the English varients.

1 Like

I consider the Japanese Eeveelution Gold Stars to have 3 variants; The Unlimited, 1st Edition and PLAY Promo cards - making a Japanese Master set a lot larger than their English counterparts!
The Unlimited WCP gold stars are insanely rare to find, with very low pop numbers too!

Jolteon - 1 PSA 9, 4 PSA 10’sVaporeon - 3 PSA 9’s, 1 PSA 10 (still searching for this myself!)Flareon - 1 PSA 9, 1 PSA 10 (only two ever graded!)
It’s all part of the collecting fun! :blush: I look forward to seeing what else you add into your collection! :blush:

1 Like

awesome collection @subbasshead! I love the japanese gold star cards because of the silver border and what I think is sharper printing! Whatever it is, nothing beats the consistency of GS artworks and I can’t wait to see more cards added!

1 Like

I agree plus I love the work of Fakuda, one illustrator I desperately think needs more recognition. Plus I remember hearing how Arita himself got him into the hobby as both an illustrator and collector!

1 Like

I know, but for now I’ll settle for the PP varients instead, and when I’ve the full 27 set I’ll purchase those.

1 Like

I look forward to seeing the complete collection! :heart_eyes::fire:

IKEA cabinet? :wink:

Two years, two regrades later and now I can say I’ve completed a set, at least the Kanto evolutions; the Johto will have to come later:

5 Likes