StockX Authenticates Fake 1st Ed PSA 10 Charizard

(split from the ebay garbage thread)

tl;dr - StockX sold a fake PSA 10 1st Edition Base Charizard. Not sure what the buyer was expecting with no photos and a “too good to be true” price, but not a good look for StockX.

15 Likes

I have so many questions, the main one being “how”

2 Likes

Big yikes StockX

2 Likes

Wow…

Nothing surprises me anymore with these companies, they just simply take the money and dont care…

:headstone:

1 Like

Damn that rough. The struggles just keep coming for all these companies that were flying high in the boom!

So obvious too lol

1 Like

Has someone got the original listing to hand?

I’ve never used stockx and have no exposure to the sneaker world so I might have an unfairly low opinion of them, but I’m surprised this didn’t happen sooner

I’m laughing because I recently bought my first Pokemon product from them – a Tag Team All Stars box. It should arrive later this week. I’ve never had any issues purchasing shoes from them, but missing something so obviously fake makes me nervous.

He got his money back. Stock X shouldn’t have authenticated, but at least they had the procedures in place to get him a refund.

The authentication isn’t a good look at all, but the fact that the honored their mistake is a +1. Does stockx hold funds as a fiduciary during shipping from seller to buyer?

2 Likes

@admiral and I spoke about it overnight. It’s just a stock image. I think the seller on StockX is the one that’s supposed to put it up. Whether they did in this situation I don’t know.

1 Like

Payment is taken from the buyer when the order is placed and paid out to the seller once they authenticate the item.

There are never photos on StockX and no way for the seller to provide them.

3 Likes

StockX always displays stock images of products because their whole thing is that you are buying mint/never used products. Works well for mass produced things like shoes and clothing, but agree that there should be special exceptions for 5-figure, graded collectibles.

3 Likes

Who would have guessed a company that was founded to sell sneakers isn’t able to properly authenticate Pokemon cards

6 Likes

Remember the 5 minutes in 2020 when StockX was going to completely change the selling market

And then nothing happened

7 Likes

Friends Choke GIF - Friends Choke Cough - Discover & Share GIFs

to be fair, they struggle to authenticate sneakers too

2 Likes

And designer clothing lmaooo

1 Like