Speculation for set after Phantom Gate?

I saw that no one has really made anything relating to this, so I’ll start something on it.
Anyway, what do you guys think about the set after Phantom Gate? I’m not too happy about their decision with Gengar (he never really struck me as cool). I’ll order a box anyway. Meh. I also play the game, so maybe Gengar will be good?
My theory is that the next set will be Darkness, considering Gengar is a Ghost-type in the games and will most likely be weak to Darkness, similar to Lucario being weak to Psychic.
The main Pokemon would be Absol, Houndoom, Tyranitar, or Sableye.
If its Absol I’ll buy like a million Full Arts of him.
Same with Houndoom.
If it’s Tyranitar then I’ll cry my eyes out.
Sableye is pretty cool.
I think it will be Absol, considering he was one of the first Mega Evo’s revealed, and he is from Gen 3, which is the gen ORAS is in.
The supporting Pokemon will probably be Sableye.
But hey, I don’t know.

You just Said Gengar doesn’t strike you as cool!?!?!

I can’t believe what I just heard. I thought that with the Tyranitar line we could
have been best friend because I too Share a desire for Tyranitar. Gengar is just plain
awesome. You good sir! Have pleasant day I shall be leaving this thread.

1 Like

Pokebeach put out an editorial claiming that ‘Delta Emerald’ which was trademarked a few months ago may be the next set after Phantom Gate. I am hesitant to believe it, but the pitch they give has some interesting and conceivable points supporting the theory.

pokebeach.com/2014/06/is-delta-emerald-the-tcgs-xy5-set

It would make sense since the Japanese release date would be close to the ORAS release date.
Also makes sense because Omega/Alpha/Delta connection.

But there is no hard evidence of it.

(On a side note, Pokebeach love to say stuff like ‘lol we knew this but didnt tell haha aren’t we cool for knowing’ which is really annoying, if they ‘knew’ but couldn’t tell the website readers then don’t mention it at all) /splitting hairs.

I don’t know… the way they present it is believable, but it doesn’t seem like a TCG set and rather a game. They could incorporate Delta into XY5, but it would probably be “Delta ______”, considering Emerald isn’t likely to get a remake. And you’re right there isn’t any real evidence.

Probably has primal rayquaza and gyarados mega!

I think after Phantom Gate will be release a new set based on the new ORAS games like EX Ruby & Sapphire. I think that the new primal formes will be released as the normal cards but for example you can do the primal reversion only with a trainer card.

But hey, that’s just a theory, A

I don’t think they are going to do 3 remakes, that’s major overkill imo and they wouldn’t saturate themselves like that. I am sure Rayquaza is going to have a big part in the ORAS games (considering it is one of the top 5 most popular legendaries, top 3 even), but 3 remakes just seems a stretch. We still have to get a Pokemon Z for the X/Y games.

We will just have to wait and see I guess.

1 Like

I’m sure the next set will probably focus on ORAS, but I’d love a Water-based set because they’ve never really done one – even that BW-era set centered on Ice-types felt kind of half-assed in actually giving them the focus. And Water Pokemon are always clawing each other to make it into new sets since there’s so many Water Pokemon in the games.

1 Like

I would’ve gotten the full effect if you put this in