♪ songbird's Sealed Japanese | DP | DPt | Collection ♪

Hello everyone, I wanted to make a new collection thread since I have not been posting much of my collection elsewhere. I primarily collect Sealed Japanese booster boxes, packs and other assorted items from the DP and DPt eras.
Here is a list of booster box progress that I will try my best to continuously update with time as I move forward through my collection goals.

• Diamond and Pearl booster boxes - 6 of 9

• Diamond Collection - DP1 ♪ - Pearl Collection - DP1

• Secret of the Lakes - DP2 ♪

• Shining Darkness - DP3

• Moonlight Pursuit - DP4 ♪ - Dawn Dash - DP4 ♪

• Temple of Rage - DP5 ♪ - Cry from the Mysterious - DP5 ♪

• Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky - DP6

• Diamond and Pearl Platinum booster boxes - 3 of 4

• Galactics conquest - DPt1 ♪

• Bonds to the End of Time - DPt2 ♪

• Beat of the Frontier - DPt3 ♪

• Advent of Arceus - DPt4 ♪

Starting off my collection thread with one of my personal favorites DP⁴. Here is my Sealed Unlimited Moonlit Pursuit booster box ☽ [月光の追跡] DP⁴ and a very beautiful example of a Sealed Unlimited Dawn Dash booster box :sunny: [夜明けの疾走] DP⁴ each of these combine as half sets to make the full release of the Majestic Dawn expansion we see in english. ♪

My (opened unfortunately) copy of the Diamond and Pearl [DP⁴] Visual Book, this copy does include the exclusive ʟᴠ. x card inside. ❀

Here are both 2007 DP Dawn Dash UED [夜明けの疾走] and DP Moonlit Pursuit UED [月光の追跡] Postcard Packs. Each postcard pack includes one unlimited booster pack and one exclusive postcard artwork. ❀

❀ Happy to have all of these wonderful pieces in my collection. I will update you all with more of my boxes and items in the future. ❀ ♪

27 Likes

ㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛ ㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛ ㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛ ㅠㅛ

Another sealed booster box post. I have actually had these both for some time now.

Sealed versions of both the Cry from the Mysterious ⌬ [秘境の叫び] [1ST ED] (DP₅)

and Temple of Anger ❍ [怒りの神殿] [1ST ED] (DP₅) these are yet another split set box release that are equivalent to a single english set counterpart, Legends Awakened… ☾

My (again opened) copy of the Diamond and Pearl [DP₅] Visual Book, this copy like all of my books, does include the exclusive ʟᴠ. x card inside. ❀

And here’s both of the 2008 DP Cry from the Mysterious UED [秘境の叫び] and DP Temple of Anger UED [怒りの神殿] Postcard Packs. Each of these postcard packs include one unlimited booster pack and one exclusive postcard. ❀

:heart: Also will try combining these posts in the future to avoid bumping too often. MORE SCANS TO COME :heart_eyes:

ㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛ ㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛ ㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛㅠㅛ ㅠ

7 Likes

Hello everyone! :heart_eyes:

It has been somewhat of a hiatus since my last post however I have by no means stopped collecting…

• Currently my collection goals have been progressing much faster than they previously have. To give a small update on my progression I will put my two main collection goals down below, I am really hoping to finish these off by the end of the year as I have some friends in the community who have these in collections and am feeling really positive about passing this milestone with help and patience.
    Anyways now onto the show since you have all been waiting patiently :slightly_smiling_face:

Starting off we have the newest addition to my collection, A pristine example of a Japanese 1st edition :cloud: Beat of the Frontier booster box [フロンティアの鼓動] [DPt³]. People genuinely underestimate just how difficult these boxes are getting to find these days. They are tied up with the ADV sets in rarity and finding a clean example from this era is simply exhausting!

Keeping with our beloved DPt era of the TCG, I present a NM- example of a Japanese 1st edition ✰ Bonds to the End of Time booster box ✰ [時の果ての絆] [DPt²] I have owned this box for some time now however never got around to posting it on the forum.

Finishing off our box coverage I am reposting some higher quality photos of my beautiful example of a Sealed 1st edition Japanese Soul Silver collection [ソウルシルバーコレクション] [ʟ¹] This is another split set and is one half of the HeartGold & SoulSilver expansion in english. :heart::heart:

Thank you all for reading through this or simply enjoying the posts. :relaxed:*

13 Likes

Great collection so far! Love the artwork on the Japanese boxes! I’ll follow your collection with great interest!

Will you only collect the DP and DPt boxes? Or do you collect the modern and WOTC boxes as well?

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I appreciate that a lot. At the moment I have no interest in anything modern or english WOTC for my collection. That’s not something I would be able to collect at this point in my life and honestly Japanese box art is my favorite art in the hobby so my passion lies in this niche. As for modern I have no interest in anything post XY, I have actually no clue what has happened in the TCG since the end of X and Y [literally don’t know a SM set after base and the only thing I know about sword and shield is the name of the era lol]. Currently I have a near complete collection of Japanese XY booster boxes 11/16 and 3/14 for my BW era boxes. [why tf did BW have 14 sets… :unamused:…] Anyways hope this answers your questions and once again thank you for your kind words!

:blush:

2 Likes

Hello all,

Giving an update post of my collection progress. A lot has been accomplished this year with much more to come :heart_eyes:
I’m too lazy to add any information as of now so I will edit and add descriptions with time.

Opened 1st edition Japanese LEGEND 2009 HeartGold - Original Japan Release Date - October 9, 2009. This release signifies one half of the 1st release in the Pokémon TCG’s LEGEND ERA [ーコレクション] [L¹] This is another split set and is one half of the HeartGold & SoulSilver expansion. :heart::heart:

Opened 1st edition Japanese LEGEND 2009 SoulSilver - Original Japan Release Date - October 9, 2009. This release signifies one half of the 1st release in the Pokémon TCG’s LEGEND ERA [ソウルシルバ] [L¹] This is the final half of the HeartGold & SoulSilver expansion. :heart::heart:

Opened 1st edition LEGEND era 2010 Reviving Legends [よみがえる伝説] BOX Original Japan Release Date - February 11, 2010. This release signifies the 2nd release in the Pokémon TCG’s LEGEND ERA [ʟ²]

Opened LEGEND 2010 Lost Link [ロストリンク] BOX Original Japan Release Date - April 16, 2010. This release signifies the sub set release in the Pokémon TCG’s LEGEND ERA [ʟʟ]

Opened 1st edition LEGEND 2010 Clash at the Summit [頂上大激突] BOX Original Japan Release Date - July 8, 2010. This release signifies the 3rd release in the Pokémon TCG’s LEGEND ERA [ʟ³]

11 Likes

Really cool to see some older japanese booster boxes and their art. Never seen these before

2 Likes

I really love the way you are showing these boxes, so beautiful :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you so much :grin: I appreciate it

2 Likes

Nice scans, the Heart Gold box is marvelous.

1 Like

Quick update from todays mail, picked up some minty Japanese LEGEND cards before they get out of my budget. Very happy to have completed [ʟ³] with this and get one step closer to my LEGEND era master collection.

8 Likes

Another rare piece of the Pokemon TCG history. The Dominos promo Snorlax LV.X, this card was included in “Exciting Pokémon Packs sold at participating Domino’s Pizza chains between December 12, 2008 and January 15, 2009. Each pack contained a Munchlax holo, Snorlax holo and the Snorlax LV.X shown below, also included was a blue Snorlax-themed deck box” according to sources.

If anyone has a picture of what these promos may have looked like packaged upon initial distribution just PM me if you have any information :blush:

5 Likes

Here’s some scans of todays mailday :heart_eyes: Slowly breaking down the gaps in my raw mint collection, enjoy! :blush:

Starting off I have gathered 2 more reverse primes for my HGSS master collection. Known in Japan as mirror cards (ミラーカード) these cards are extremely difficult to pull considering that one reverse card is randomly inserted into each 10 card pack, with 20 packs per box and 5 boxes only 2 reverse primes were pulled out of my own HGSS collections. Making them very hard to come by in any condition let alone mint raw with a holofoil pattern that may very well be more susceptible to damage than any other foiling method.

I also managed to pick up a flawless raw copy of the Dominos Pizza Slowking Great card. In Japan, this card was released as a L-P Promotional card as part of a Domino’s Pizza promotion from December 11, 2009 to January 14, 2010. Customers who purchased an “Exciting Pokémon Pack” during this period received this card, a Slowpoke card and a set of card sleeves with their orders. Needless to say a fun card to have, will have to track down a sealed copy at some point in the future to go along with my Snorlax. LV.X

One of my favorite Yuka Morii’s is this little Charmander this particular card was the second of four cards released as part of the Pokémon 10th Anniversary celebrations during 2008-2009, the first being the DP-P Promo Pikachu’s. Those who shopped at the Pokémon Center from August 22, 2008 until September 7, 2008 received this card UNTIL supplies ran out.

Mitsuhiro Aritas “Lucians Alakazam” was awarded as a prize to participants of the Bonds to the End of Time Release Commemoration Gym Challenge events during December of 2008. This card is one of my personal favorite awards of the Gym challenge events held during the DPt tournaments.

And that’s all for today, I have some more fun stuff coming in the mail at the moment including a missing piece to my Sealed Japanese DP-DPt-HGSS booster box Collection. You are not going to want to miss that :wink:

I am getting very close to my Sealed Japanese box goals, then I will have more time to focus on raw master sets, sealed/unpeeled promos and sealed Theme Deck Cases. Exciting times ahead :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Did not know they did reverse versions of primes in the japanese sets, very cool!

1 Like

they look amazing!

1 Like

always a pleasure to see an update! very nice cards!

1 Like

Big mail day for my collection!

New box for my sealed DPt masters era of the TCG, I present a NM-M example of a Japanese 1st edition Advent of Arceus booster box ❂ [アルセウス光臨] [DPt⁴] I’m very excited to own this box in such immaculate condition. This puts me at three out of four Japanese 1st edition DPt era boxes in NM-M condition overall [Missing DPt¹]. This was personally the most I have ever paid for a box at over $800 but it feels like opportunities to put the final missing pieces of my collection together are becoming more and more difficult with how low the supply of these boxes has become. Here is a link to 800 DPI scans of the following images imgur.com/a/Hw8NVfk in case anyone is interested in seeing the condition better. :heart_eyes:

Additionally here is a sealed 2007 DP UED Secret of the Lakes ❁ [湖の秘密] BOX Original Japan Release Date - March 2, 2007 This release signifies the 2nd release in the Pokémon TCG’s DP ERA. In my opinion this is one of the most gorgeous box and pack art designs in the entirety of the trading card game :blush:

Thanks for stopping by :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

These face closeups are mesmerising in a weird way, along with the Houndoom in a similar style. Great collection!

1 Like

Super pleased that the box arrived safely!

1 Like

Hello all :heart:,

Again with another mailday update :blush:

I want to give a big shoutout to PichuFan who helped me find this gorgeous card below. You can find out more about him and his incredible collection here at :heart: pichu.blog/ :heart: :heart_eyes: I highly recommend it if you enjoy detailed historical articles on some of the rarely talked about parts of the TCG

An unopened clean example of the 2009 Shonen Sunday Magazine Spiky Eared Pichu. Super excited about adding this to the unopened promo collection :heart_eyes:

I also picked up quite a few new LV. X cards to the collection. All cards are in perfect condition apart from some minor centering issues :blush:

Slowly building up the raw mint master collections. :heart_eyes: Thanks for stopping by yet again

7 Likes