SJ's Collection

Hi all,

I finally got a nice photo studio thing so I can take some pictures of my collection so far. I collected as a kid and went to the Pokemon League on Saturdays at Toys R Us, but sold my entire collection for $35 when I was about 15. I’ve recently started collecting again and I’m excited to be back in the hobby.

I’m currently planning to collect Japanese up through the end of E-Series 5. Not sure how long this will take or what my next goal will be once I finish this one, but we’ll see where life takes me.

I thought a fun way to share my collection with all of you since I have a finite number of cards that have already been released would be to take pictures as I “catch all” of a particular Pokemon across the sets I’m collecting. In cases where multiples of the exact same card appear (quick starter numbered decks mostly) I’ve only included one copy in the photos but have one of each numbered card in my collection.

I’m not focusing on variants/errors right now, just one of each card released that isn’t way out of my budget (i.e. trophies, snap, etc).

If you want to see where I am in my journey and what I still need, you can check out my Mega Spreadsheet here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DketDgIN0TwPQo7Z29eALoOhw0XVg5HFP9Dvww7zlSw/edit?usp=drivesdk

I don’t have time to do all the Pokemon that I’ve completed so far at once, so I’ll add new pictures over time and as I get new things in the mail.

Japanese Postcard Promos

Bulbasaur

Ivysaur

Charmeleon

Squirtle

Wartortle

Caterpie

Metapod

Butterfree

32 Likes

@merciersj,Nice work, Im digging all the artwork! :grin:

3 Likes

Did a few more today!

Nidoran

Nidorino

Spearow

Pidgey

Pidgeotto

Pidgeot

Ekans

Sandshrew

Sandslash

Kakuna

Beedrill

Rattata

Raticate

Gloom

Golbat

Vulpix

Nidorina

Clefairy

8 Likes

Very nice cards.

Did a few more this weekend. I’m not buying cards this month (#nocardnovember) so I’ll likely post more updates in December :blush:

Vulpix

Golbat

Gloom

Venonat

Diglett

Dugtrio

Meowth

Persian

Psyduck

Golduck

11 Likes

Will your photo studio fit a 9 card/page binder? Where’d you get it? I like it.

Nice work.

1 Like

Love the consistency of the photo studio, makes the cards look great. Looking forward to see your 'dex fill out

1 Like

Fits a 9-card binder just fine! It could actually fit 2 pages side by side if you wanted. I’ll attach some pictures here to show how much room you have on each side and what an edited version might look like shot from above (sorry about the glare).

As far as where I got it, good ol’ Amazon:
www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MTGNGB9?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

2 Likes

Very nice collection and well organised!

1 Like

I’ve recently started crocheting Pokemon dolls, mostly as Christmas gifts, but this one I’m keeping for myself! Cubone is one of my favorites :yellow_heart:

16 Likes

Very nice! Looks like it took some time :blush:

This is definitely the most challenging pattern I’ve done so far. I’d say probably 10+ hours put into it over the course of a week. I still haven’t made his little bone club, but I think I like him without it for now.

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

What an awesome collection. I really enjoyed looking through your photos! I always find it interesting to see cards of the same Pokemon from different sets altogether, the range of different art styles is so wonderful.

You’ve got some cute models/toys too!

2 Likes

How have I missed your collection?! This is so good! I love the Venonat amd Golduck pages especially.

How long have you been crocheting? That cubone looks amazing!

1 Like

I’ve been crocheting probably as long as I’ve been able to hold a crochet hook. We grew up with my grandmother and she was always making something. This cubone might be my favorite thing I’ve ever made.

3 Likes

Awesome collection and a beautiful cubone!

If you ever fancy making an crocheted Abra in return for some cards please let me know :blush:

2 Likes

Definitely! I just found the best pattern for abra. I’ll PM you once I’m done with my current project, I’m excited to make him for you!

3 Likes

This is amazing! Never even thought about crocheting Pokemon as a thing, great work and good choice on Cubone :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s fantastic! Thank you very much - I’m super excited to see it come to life! :blush:

1 Like