Should Pokemon Bring Back The 1st Edition Stamp?

I would get 1st edition for sealed collection and collect unlimited cards.I think lots of other people will making 1st edition cards even harder to collect unless you have alot of money

So I do go out of my way to get first eds where possible for old stuff, but I think it would really annoy me if they then re-introduced them. I would then get first eds for modern stuff and then it would annoy me that the stuff in the middle didn’t have the stamp, making my collection untidy

I can see the advantage in the sense it splits collectors and players. It surely benefits the players as it means they basically no longer get scalped. Though this means that the people at a disadvantage are the collectors
 As a collector, it just means I get scalped more

Equally, I may be wrong, but I don’t think the UK/Europe had access to that much first edition back in WOTC days. So I wouldn’t want a geographic barrier, where on the whole there isn’t one now.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

3 Likes

Switched over to the good take. 1st edition would be contrived garbage if it were brought back.

In theory it would be great, however in practice not so much in my opinion. There will be gate keeping from the get go, stores wont want to sell them or would inflate prices due to demand and limited amount available. Getting them into consumers hands at the price intended would be impossible, however there will be a market for them but at a price. I know it isn’t all about money but your average Pokefan wont be able to get their hands on them. Money, scalping, gatekeeping and whatnot aside, it’d be a great throwback to have a 1st edition stamp, even if it was only for those going to the release on the day and waiting to get some of the cards(that goes back to stores potentially holding back product). Basing my answer on what is going on today then no, but I wouldn’t oppose it if it happened(like my opinion matters ha!), if it was logistically feasible then yes It would be brilliant.

The other way is have 1st edition cards randomly inserted into standard run of packs, even a 1st edition god pack XD

The only way I would be ok with a 1st edition stamp is if those are only found in pre-release kits. You would have to pre-order the pre-release kits on the Pokémon Center website, and they print to demand, nothing more, nothing less. And you can only pre-order a set amount. Have the pre-order window open for 3 or 7 days. And that product ships prior to the unlimited set being available in stores.

But if you are counting votes, I am a hard NO for bringing back the 1st edition stamp.

1 Like

How about putting random 1st edition cards in booster boxes? Whether the it be 1 card or 1 booster pack per selected box (not every box); or the entirety of the booster box? Though with no outwardly 1st edition stamp on the boxes.

This would make the 1st edition stamped cards way too expensive and very difficult to complete the set. I think the intrigue of the 1st edition stamp is that it marks the first print run and is never to be ran again.

To me it only makes sense in those nostalgia baiting sets like evolutions and celebrations