ShockerB37's Collection Thread - CGC Slabs 8/7/21

I’ve been putting off making my collection thread here for quite some time, always telling myself that I’d wait until I finished my sets first.

Well the time has come! I still haven’t finished any of them but I’m making one anyway! :zipper_mouth_face:

Brief background: Grew up collecting Pokemon cards and playing all the games, became obsessed with Pokemon/Nintendo moving forward into teenage/adult life, got seriously into the hobby in 2018 via GemMintPokemon on YouTube leading me to join E4 and start grading through Ludkins, and here I am. As far down the rabbit hole as one can go without coming out the other side.

All my graded cards are ones I sent in myself, which is neat. I feel more attached to them that way.

To kick off my thread, though, I’m starting with a personal favorite niche from one of my binders: Neo Genesis holo bleeds! (Featuring a bonus Discovery Espeon.)

I’ll hopefully update semi-frequently. Need to take some nice shots of my slabs first :wink:

Hope you enjoy the cards! As an aside, if you have any neo holo bleeds you’re just dying to get rid of, feel free to reach out. Though I’ll probably get around to a buy thread eventually.

8 Likes

Dude. AMAZING. Imagine being a kid and opening those up out of the pack. The universe would flip, and you would float into the sky bye bye!

1 Like

When I was a kid I probably wouldn’t even have noticed lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Happy Saturday! :grin:

Today I sent off my first ever CGC submission to Ludkins. I normally take photos of my cards before sending so I can document their condition, but I wanted to go with a video this time. Decided to have some fun with it :wink:

Only 19 cards, but some very strong condition WOTC holos.

2 Likes

Decided to take some photos of my graded Japanese Base holo collection thus far. Bought all of these except for Charizard from the same seller on eBay, sent them all in at once through Ludkins and got amazing results. Enjoy!

9 Likes

I just started collecting holo bleeds and this is such a dope collection!

1 Like

Hi all,

Made some time today to take some photos of my CGC slabs; good way to spend a Saturday evening.

I’m waiting on a few more subs I have with them still, but I’m quite please with my collection progress and wanted to share.

Enjoy!

And shoutout to @kingboo64 for the Dark Golbat :blush:

10 Likes

That holo bleed hounddoom is gorgeous!

1 Like

Very nice cards, keep us posted on your additions!
If you don’t mind me asking, how was your experience with your cgc submission? I only have a few psa cards in my collection at the moment but wouldn’t mind sending some stuff off to cgc soon!

1 Like

Do it! They offer a great service.

I did my first two submissions through Ludkins. I sent a 19 card Standard sub on April 17th, and a 4 card Express sub on April 26th; returns for both subs were shipped back to me simultaneously on May 28th. I was pleased with the turnaround time for sure!

Awesome! I’ve always liked the psa slabs but I can’t justify the currently offered prices. Thanks for the quick feedback!

1 Like