scratchdesk's Collection - Art Academy, Sample, Miscut & Fun

Finally thought I should share some of the cool cards and mentionables I pick up!

Got this bunch in the past few days. All NM/M!

1st Base Charizard, No Damage Ninetales & 1st Blaine’s Charizard

eReader Demo Pack with Pichu and Hoppip JP Backs, Full Holo Evo Charizard and Shadowless Charizard

Bunch of Neo Destiny Holos and Shining cards

8 Likes

nice man. keep up the collecting :blush:

They look like they need to be graded! :ninja:

:heart_eyes:

Yeah, I’ve been making a nice size pile of cards to be graded. Need to get a subscription after the holidays I think!

wow absolutely awesome!!

Fantastic collection! Those eReader demo pack cards are some personal favorites of mine. :blush:

lovely cards hear :blush:

Bunch of new stuff in! Need to go through a ton of cards and get rid of most the duplicates I have and focus on completing the WotC sets…

1st Neo Revelation, 1st Neo Destiny, Unlimited Shinings & Legendary Collection Holos (And a few Celebi’s mixed in)

1st Neo Genesis, 1st Neo Discovery and a few LC Reverses I was after

1st Neo Genesis Lugias, Torchic stars and a few randoms

e3 2002 Lanyard cards Pichu, Hoppip & Manhole (Glossy cards with a hole punched in them for hanging off a lanyard and being scanned with the eReader)

…and some Staff cards I didn’t put in my last update

4 Likes

That’s a lot of Staff cards, Nice :blush:

Got this M Charizard EX in and was super stoked. Pretty unique error and can’t think of a cooler card to find it on. Sorry for the watermark, not sure if I’m being paranoid but thought with the uniqueness it may be a good idea to brand it.

No Texture Error Pokemon Evolutions M Charizard EX Full Art 101/108:

8 Likes

:open_mouth: How fancy!! And it’s 100% real??

I’d say so, can’t find any red flags or anything to raise suspicion. That was my first worry until I had it in hand!

1 Like

non-textures errors are pretty rare. hold on to it man

Not a super exciting update but a few neat modern cards in the mix.

LC Charizard and League Gym Badge cards and Pikachus

1st - 4th Place sets of Mew (what a pain in the butt to track down for reasonable monies), Lucario, Volcarona & Greninja

Latias Star and a nice Grey Stamp Hitmonchan!

5 Likes

I think I bought the Grey Stamp Hitmonchan off of your eBay :blush:.

Quick Question: The English Badge Promos are holo, but are there non holo version as well (like Japanese)? Also the Man Hole with the hole punch out does not have the “For Position Testing Only”, correct? How was it normally distributed? With the E3 promos?

Thanks!

I just bought the Hitmonchan and still have it so wasn’t me! :blush:

The English Badge promos are in fact all holo, yes. At least I’ve never seen or heard of one that isn’t.

And the Man Hole does not have the FPO text hidden on it. From what I understand they were given out at Nintendo booth at E3 in 2002. It was the 3 cards and a lanyard. My assumption is that they were for the staff and employees to use and demo on the showroom floor to show off the “new” ereader. I’ve tried looking back at old videos to see if what the goings on looked like in 2002 but haven’t seen mention or noticed them around anyone’s necks. So still a bit of mystery. Sadly I was not able to attend the convention that year.

This video had the E3 demo pack cards in it with the Japanese backs:

Video of them giving out the Demo packs at the Information Desk:

2 Likes

Awesome. Thanks bud. The grey stamp is almost identical (thickness wise).

The Winning Mews are a great pick-up as well. I’m sure most people probably have these off their radar for Evolution’s variations.

2 Likes

Couple gold stars I was after for a while

Whole bunch of no symbol Jungle cards, sadly they weren’t as “near mint” as the seller had stated

And a bunch of slabbed cards. I don’t normally go after any sort of PSA cards but they were too good of a deal to pass up for some sets I’m starting to focus on more.

Few more…

And more…

Continued in next post.

4 Likes

Continued from above.

More cards that I believe the seller intended to grade but hadn’t sent out.

And the last 4 are the holo spill Evo cards, finally got around to taking some decent photos.

So sparkly!

5 Likes

Few more additions! Got a bunch of these no texture misprints from BREAKpoint. Just need 1 or 2 more to have the set (not sure if the secret rare Gyarados EX has a no texture version or not). These all have some faint texturing on the very bottom of each card but it is very light and hard to notice unless you look.

And a stanky Haunter streak misprint I stumbled across:

6 Likes