Ruley711's Collection

Hey everyone. I am updating my collection thread as I have been consolidating a lot this year.
It is entirely re-focused and I am only keeping my absolute favourite stuff.

Hope you follow along and see me update this as time goes on and I build my collection out more like I envision :slight_smile:

My main collection focus is my species collection.

Here is the Togepi Line - English Master set + JP with noticeable differences (holo pattern, exclusive art etc.)

Togepi

Togetic

Togekiss

Here is the Jirachi Collection (English Master set + Japanese exclusive artwork). Potentially looking to add WC Deck cards, as you can see by the spaces.

Outside of my species collection is my favourite subsets/minisets. (Southern Islands, PokePark Forest File, and WIP DP/P secret rares.

The last part to my binder collection is a trip down memory lane.

My 2009 snowflake stamp cards that I actually used as an advent calendar in 2009.

These two pages are cards I have kept since I pulled in my younger years, or traded for to complete the ‘sets’ of them.
Diamond & Pearl is when I finally stuck with Pokémon and have a lot of that still remaining to this day (here), unlike ex era where this dustox ex is the last surviving card of my Pokémon purge in grade school.
Like many kids growing up in the early 2000s I traded all my best Pokémon cards (including some gold stars - Registeel & Rayquaza) for yu-gi-oh cards. One day I will get those cards again.

Outside of my binder collections I am slowly looking to add pieces to my slabbed (or soon to be slabbed) collection. My main focus here is getting cards of some of my favourite cards of my favourite Pokémon (snorlax, Empoleon, Celebi, Mew)
Or favourite artworks (gengar alt art, munch Psyduck)

There is no end goal here, but I am trying to be very purposeful and intentional with the slabs I add that don’t fit my binder mold, since I am a binder collector at heart after all.

I hope you guys love my updated collection as much as I do. I’ve sold a lot this year, and still have a massive backlog ready to sell/trade going into 2024.
2023 so far has been awesome for my collection due to refocusing and really consolidating it to the cards here that I all truly enjoy.
I plan to update this thread more than once a year like my initial update in November 2022 lol.

31 Likes

I’ve never seen this Togetic! The colors are so nice!

It’s your thread so you can display however you want but I recommend using the gallery view too, it looks really good with binder pages
Screenshot_20221103_181313

2 Likes

It’s one of my favourite togetic for sure. Love the background. Pumped to get it in English with the cosmos holo (believe it’s supposed to be a 3 pack blister promo for silver tempest)

And woah I never knew that gallery existed I will try and do that because that would be much less messy haha, thanks!

2 Likes

Wow, excellent first showcase. Very impressive collection. It was super awesome to go through your binder pics. Looing forward to seeing more of your updates. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Cheers!

1 Like

Such a nice collection, @Ruley711! I especially love your Southern Islands set and your Mew and Flareon Gold Star. They are two of my favorite Pokemon, and their gold star arts are 10/10.

3 Likes

I love the Jirachi collection!!! One of my fav Pokemon, also planning on getting every Jirachi card! Got some great cards

3 Likes

Very nice selection of cards, you have great taste with your favourite card designs! Also never realised how great and wide artwork Saya Tsuruta has made, more temptations for me too :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you very much! Hopefully can fill out the binders as time goes on.

1 Like

Southern Islands may be my favourite set of all time. all 18 arts are just gorgeous. Might get the JP one day as well just because of how awesome they are :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! I wish you the best of luck of luck in that endeavour, it certainly was a tough one to do. Togepi may be my favourite pokemon, but my Jirachi collection is what I am most excited to share and show because I find so many of the Jirachi cards beautiful and also rare.

3 Likes

I was surprised as well a few months back when I got into artists collections. I always knew I loved Sowsow but never realized how many Saya Tsuruta cards stood out to me in the same hand drawn cute kind of way that Sowsow’s does.

Saya Tsuruta in my opinion is the best promo artist. Her Pikachu/Mimikyu, shiny Magikarp, Mew, the Yokohama Pikachu’s and the Chespin/Litten/Inkay trio are all some of my favourite promos ever and they are all hers!

2 Likes

Very cool collection! :+1: Really enjoy seeing the different Pokemon/artworks/sets that others on the forum like to collect. I really like the Togepi card line up in particular!

1 Like

Thanks so much!
Yeah Togepi is my favourite and it’s nice to see the growth of their cards from WOTC until now. Now I just really hope one of them gets an art rare/character rare/some sort of full art in the future

1 Like

Finally got around to updating my collection, it’s been over a year and lots has changed lol!

3 Likes

Every time I see your post or look at your collection thread I’m like “man , I should do a Togetic binder!” Haha, it brings me joy to look at, so thank you for sharing! Maybe I’ll eventually get my act together and try to put one together myself!

2 Likes

I appreciate the love!
Togetic’s art in TRR & Aquapolis are some of my favourite in the entire hobby. Togekiss definitely took away some of its magic with the holos unfortunately lol

2 Likes