Raichuforyou's Collection

New pics have just been uploaded to photobucket so check those out! Lots of Gold Star pics there now. Close ups of Rayquaza* have also been added.

HappyHaunter- Yeah, just enjoy that pic until you get the real deal lol Good luck with the rest of your VS collection!

Daelum- Thanks a lot! Yeah, having sealed stuff is, for the most part, useless. I just really like to have it because some rainy day I may decide to crack it all open :wink: Or maybe just sell it if I magically lose interest :slightly_smiling_face:

funmonkey54- Gotta love the mystery of sealed packs! You never know what they might contain!

1 Like

Awesome cards Raichu, very impressive! I’ll definitely be looking forward to future updates.

You’re very lucky to have a sealed 1st ed Neo era box, hold onto that thing! I’ve been tracking prices for a few years now and the boxes from that era have seen considerable price increases that don’t seem to be slowing!

1 Like

Thanks cbd! At the time I got the Neo Genesis box I thought I was crazy to spend so much on it, but nowadays it would have been quite a bargain. As you can see, I have started to stock up on packs from my favorite sets.

Forgot to post these earlier. Every Japanese set from Base-Neo 4

Ex Team Rocket Returns Gold Stars

Close up of Rayquaza* (sorry for the glare but this picture shows the artwork off pretty good.

2 Likes

Very nice love the vs holos. Which were the hardest to get?

1 Like

Awesome collection! :grin:

1 Like

PokemonTrader- I think the hardest one to get is the Rocket’s Tyranitar since it didn’t come in VS packs. Just found one recently so I’ll post pics of that when I get it. I get many of them from the same few sellers so none was much harder to find than any of the others. Some of the commons are a lot more difficult to find :confused:

skinst- Thanks! :blush:

Also, if anybody has suggestion for cards I should look for just let me know!
Here’s some more pics for now

1 Like

Rockets Tyranitar is the hardest to find, but Karens Unbreon is the most expensive

1 Like

Depends on who you ask Tolan… I know I’ve been piecing my set together for a while, but if you get a Water/Fire Pack cheap enough you have a 1/4 chance of getting Umbreon.

1 Like

I dont mean pull rates. I mean that if I wanted to buy both of them, Umbreon would be easier to find (on eBay, and online stores, but it’d be more expensive

1 Like

If you were to open packs you would have a 75% chance of getting a $15 dollar holo. Umbreon is like Base set Charizard in the sense that it’s not rarer than any other holo, it’s just a lot more popular. Opening packs until you pull it is just the hard way of getting it.

I think the VS Tyranitar half deck has been really scarce lately. Nobody seems to have it anymore :confused:

2 Likes

I stole an image of your collection for my card news.
:blush:

1 Like

Awseome! ;D Could you tell me where to find it or link me to it?

1 Like

Yes!
I used the image of the VS Psychic/Fighting Holos here:

pkmncollectors.livejournal.com/13076635.html

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, cool :blush:
I’d be interested in doing a group buy for those VS packs if you want to. Just let me know!

1 Like

Finally, reached a huge milestone in my collection. My Gold Star set is complete ;D

All 27

Also, got a bunch of packs in.

30 Aquapolis

And 10 Base 2

5 Likes

Incredible additions! A complete Gold star set is always something to be proud of having in your collection.

1 Like

That’s quite the attractive set, congrats!

1 Like

Wow, it’s always nice to see a picture of all 27 Gold Stars (no matter how blurry :stuck_out_tongue:).

30 Aquapolis? Why? How? :laughing:
Why did you get so many? What do you plan on doing with them?
(Sorry for all the questions haha)

1 Like

Yeah, I was having trouble with glare when I was trying to take a picture of them all so I ended up with almost no lighting in the room haha
30 Aquapolis:
Why? They were far below any recent ebay price so I got them. That’s as many as I could get :stuck_out_tongue:
How? I know someone who can get me almost any english packs.
I Don’t have any plans for them yet. I’m too nervous to open them :confused: Seems that I always regret opening packs (especially rarer ones) cuz my luck is miserable haha

funmonkey54- I’m very happy to have it in my collection! Finally complete ;D

cbd1235- Thanks! It means a lot to me to finally have the whole set!

1 Like

It’s about time I posted some new stuff!

Got this today. I know PSA 8 isn’t that impressive, but I really like it. I may upgrade to a 9 in the future when one is available for a good price.

The Charizard really pops out in this picture.

Never thought I would find one of these! Crystal Charizard. Many thanks to Snorlaxdude on Pokegym for this and some of the other crystals in my collection!

and the other crystals from Skyridge (minus the Crobat)

final card for this update is Crystal Nidoking. Still looking for a Crystal Lugia…

I’ll be sure to update more in the future! Enjoy!

1 Like