Qwachansey's Modern Collection

As people on discord may know, the past month or two and primarily the last two two weeks I have been growingly obsessed with modern.

The stores near me are almost always bare, and for a long time I dismissed modern because the scans I looked at for sets happened to be the Pokémon.com style which are flattened and thus devoid of texture and sparkle, which made them look far duller than they actually are. Once I saw in person the gold, glittery, rainbow, and textured cards it was game over.

Since it’s tough to find modern locally I have been relying on live breaks from e4 members which while taxing on my wallet has been incredibly fun and an experience I will treasure. I am now hoping to complete all regular art and gold tag teams and a Shiny Star V master shiny set.

I have a ton of modern coming in the mail so I will periodically update this thread as I complete my binder pages. I will also be thanking everyone individually once I arrange your cards in my new binders, so don’t despair if some or all of your cards are not pictured yet :grin:

This page is entirely courtesty of breaks from Mason (Kampes Cards):

These pages are all from PFM and just arrived today:

This page is courtesy of Squeaks (Shaun K), PFM, and Kadabra TCG (Kam) who incredibly sent me the legendary birds rainbow tag team along with other cards for FREE after hearing I was missing it.

There are a ton of other amazing cards from PFM and others but I am waiting until I have arranged full pages for everything to share!

40 Likes

@qwachansey, I really enjoyed watching the modern pack opening on Discord. You had some quality pulls too!

2 Likes

Beautiful collection @qwachansey! There is so much awesome and affordable stuff in modern, I think the amazing rares are my favorite SWSH era card though.

5 Likes

Thanks for all of the entertainment for the last couple weeks! Can’t wait to see all your pulls together

1 Like

You have very nice handwriting

2 Likes

Got to say, I really like those black and gold UR Japanese cards. They really strike my fancy.

1 Like

I stumbled upon him opening some cards in discord one night & by all means the cards were the secondary form of entertainment. @qwachansey, you a funny guy and hope no one gives you the authority to make any actual rules ever haha!

vr

odds

1 Like

@odds, I manage digital marketing campaigns at my job LOL, I assure you my management style is very different outside the realms of Pokemon discord

1 Like

LOL! Well now I’m conflicted because right now in my head this is the scenario that’s going on…

Intern: I just finished up this twitter, good to post?
Qwachansey: No! Spin around 3 times then you’re ready to post!

I’m just looking at the morale* benefits here, and I know you got me giggling like a school girl just thinking about it.

vr

odds

1 Like

Awesome to see the results of those discord breaks! Keep it up!

1 Like

Glorious shiny page made possible by Merps!

4 Likes

What really had me was the detailed explanation of how to reveal the holo slowly to the camera: “Pull the cards vertically one at a time . . . not like pulling a shirt over your head, but like you’re pulling your pants down. Wait, now tilt it . . . just to reveal the energy type so I can guess the card. Nobody else gets to guess, just me!”

Quality opening! I know almost nothing about modern, but was highly invested in the outcome!

2 Likes

@qwachansey 's patented pack opening technique:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNOkS_bfFo8

4 Likes

I’ve never seen that gold galarian perserker! That is awesome, I need to get that. Must be some hidden gems in rebel clash.

2 Likes

Love the aesthetic of these tag team cards. Nice collection

1 Like

So many new cards have come in the mail I am overwhelmed… Will post updates when new binders come in!

2 Likes

Looking forward to it

2 Likes

I will have a big update soon. I have been waiting for two binders to arrive in the mail, I think their distribution release date was pushed back, and I want to organize before I post. The main one I need is the 4x3 Ultra Pro Zippered Premium ruby color I got for my tag teams so I could have four arts per row. It should come next week.

1 Like

This is a beautiful set of cards

1 Like

I completely agree. Gold and rainbow cards are mesmerizing when you hold one in-person.

1 Like