Qwachansey's Chansey Collection

Here is a quick and dirty translations of the back of the card. FYI I’m not a translator, a writer or even particularly good at Japanese so please forgive me if this isn’t accurate.

The purpose of Creatures Inc

*Creatures Inc was formed in 1995 by Ishihara Tsunekazu . It was formed as a company to give life to various media such as videogames, trading card games and books, creating the Pokémon series as one part of a three company venture, and delivering various Pokémon related products to the world.

“We received a partial investment from Nintendo, and the name of the company “Creatures” carries the meaning of all livings being created by a creator. It was with a melting pot of ideas in mind that the name of the company was decided. My wish is for the things this company creates to be an overflowing melting pot of ideas.” Ishihara Tsunekazu*

If anyone has a better translation then feel free to step in.

5 Likes

Incredible. Without a doubt the most inspiring thread on e4. Huge congratulations!

On a sidenote: you probably said it before somewhere, but do you remember your initial reason to fall in love with chansey as a child?

3 Likes

Congratulations!! What an amazing accomplishment!

1 Like

That Chansey card is elite but uour box got me… The most wholesome object I’ve seen on this platform. “Fines for stealing up to $1000”

Thank you! And thank you to everyone else as well. I had no idea so many people found my collection journey inspiring. It means a lot to me reading these comments and thinking about how I have been inspired by others myself. It’s an honor to now be able to make other people feel that way!

In regards to your question, it’s difficult, because I can’t really remember a time in my life when I didn’t love Chansey. I wish I had written more! I remember I was super excited that the NY Pokémon Center promo had Chansey on it, and I was 6 years old then. I did use to love Snorlax, munchlax and magby as well! I know my earliest memories are I loved that Chansey was huggable like a stuffed animal, and being really impressed by the 120 HP.

I think a few other factors probably played a role:

• I didn’t have the video games as a kid, so never developed an initial bond to the starters. The main video games I played were Pokémon Snap and Colosseum at a friend’s house.

• My sister’s name is Joy, like Nurse Joy

6 Likes

Here’s a family photo I took last year! I couldn’t find my graded Vending Chansey at the time (I found it now) so I was quite annoyed and left a spot for it chronologically.
I’ll have to take a new family photo! Unfortunately, I don’t feel comfortable keeping all my Chansey in the same place, God forbid anything should happen, so the group photos are tricky.

14 Likes

Chansey-themed mini set I designed when I was thirteen:
pokegym.net/community/index.php?threads/single-pokémon-sets-master-list.37035/page-20#post-1402975

3 Likes

@qwachansey, If you somehow have to just pick one card, would you choose Snap Chansey or Beta Chansey?

Massive congratulations! You must be relieved that the hunt for the beta chansey was over quickly

2 Likes

The Beta Chansey is an incredible card, but I would pick Snap Chansey. I think down the road, while it would be difficult, I would be able to find a replacement Beta Chansey. I can’t say the same for the Snap, which took me over ten years to get, and I have only ever seen three copies.

5 Likes

A new Chansey card has been revealed! Since Blissey is on the pack art of the Pokémon Go set, I’ve expected a Chansey for several months, but you still love to see it! An excellent artwork as well, and will have a mirror holo variant! :grin:

After a nearly 3-year dry spell Fall 2018 - Fall 2021, there will now be three new Chansey cards within a year!!!

13 Likes

I received in the mail back from CGC today a wonderful addition to my Chansey error collection.

I first saw this Chansey two years ago!

There appears to be a misaligned layer of additional white ink, creating the visual effect of a ghost Chansey!

Of course, I immediately wanted it! But, the owner decided to send to PSA before doing anything else. I was bummed because I was confident of the authenticity of the raw card and willing to beat anyone else’s offer. For ages I didn’t hear back from the owner and was worried it could be the one that got away.

Fortunately, the owner went back on Facebook last month after a long hiatus with the card graded! They remembered me from two years prior and I was able to get the Chansey :relaxed: thank you very much!

I crossed her to CGC to match the rest of my error Chanseys; also because I knew PSA had docked the misaligned surface hence the low grade, as they don’t usually recognize these types of errors and mark them as damage.

Bonus family pics:

I now have a Chansey misaligned to the left and one misaligned to the right! They will be best friends.

I became much more serious about collecting errors in early 2020 while I was impatiently waiting for new Chansey cards to be released. If you are a species collector and have run out of regular cards to collect, I highly recommended errors, because there is always something new to chase and discover. For example, even though I now have every unique Chansey art, I am confident there is a Shadowless Base Chansey missing the holo, and a Fusion Strike Chansey missing the cyan layer, somewhere out there in the world. So the egg hunt never ends! :blush:

21 Likes

It’s not a misprint, it’s just using Double Team

14 Likes

Today’s mail: Japanese Square Lucky. I love her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

30 Likes

Really cool card! Your dedication to chansey is really inspiring!

2 Likes

I’ve never once seen a Japanese square cut, let alone an old back. Really cool! Quite incredible how deep this single pokemon collection can get for Chansey, which doesn’t even have that many individual cards!

8 Likes

Back from BGS with normal size for comparison! I think BGS is the only case big enough!

12 Likes

psa would have to use the sealed promo type case lol

2 Likes

Also @qwachansey , get that Chansey sprite on your account!

2 Likes

I love everything about your collection, especially the attention to detail and the clear amount of value you put on pretty much any card with ya boi on it, be they common or insanely rare

2 Likes