Qwachansey's Chansey Collection

At long last, I am ready to start displaying my Chanseys all in one thread, both some of the ones I have now, and updates with new unusual Chanseys as I seek them out in the years ahead.

I wanted to wait until I could show two very special ones first. There are two Chansey artworks leagues apart in rarity from other Chanseys.

The first is the Chansey featured on the No. 1 and No. 2 Neo era trophy cards. This is the only trophy card illustrated by Ken Sugimori with completely unique Sugimori art. There are no other places to find this Chansey art. No old stickers, promotional material, Carddass, Topsun, comics, anything. Only these cards. All other Sugimori Chanseys can be found on mass produced items or cards.

The second is the Snap Chansey. A double artwork if you will, as it celebrates both the 3D graphic design of the Chansey in gameplay, as well as the art of photography by Kaori Someya.

After over a decade of searching, I can finally share both of these Chanseys together!

While I have reached a milestone of every unique artwork appearance, my egg hunt will never be truly over. Such is the nature of collecting. There are additional Chanseys I would like, especially the No. 1 Trainer girl version (Same Chansey artwork but features a girl trainer instead of a boy). I have my goal as a new back with winner’s name to match my boy version above. This card is incredibly rare, but I have my whole life ahead of me to find one or be ready when a lovely winner decides to sell if that ever happens.

As an extra challenge and chase, there is also a holographic version of the Neo trophies with the winner’s picture!

One day (when I have considerably more funds) I may go after these in earnest. But for now, I will relax, eggstaordinarily content as I gaze upon my beautiful Chanseys.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me on this journey and made this dream possible.

100 Likes

Amazing achievement with those 2 grails there, congrats!

2 Likes

one of the best collections and collectors

4 Likes

Congrats! If you drop both out the window at the same time, which do you think hits the ground first?

1 Like

Absolutely sick cards. Congrats.

1 Like

Congratulations! Amazing collection story.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re proud of this. The time, the research, the people, the funds and a little bit of luck. So much goes into obtaining items like this. I echo what everyone else is saying, congrats on this amazing achievement!

1 Like

Thank you everyone! :grin:

It is time to share some more Chanseys. The two which I started my thread with, have two things in common: they are not from regular TCG sets, and they are Japanese prints. Here are some of my favorite Chansey arts which continue that trend. Like many collectors, my brain has been hardwired over the years to find anything in a rectangle card shape irresistible!

29 Likes

Eggcellent.

Also, I felt the need to do this but I’m not sure why:

17 Likes

As incredible as getting those grails is, my favorite thing about this collection still is the non-TCG stuff. I love seeing old Japanese stuff from Pokemon’s weird and wonderful golden era. Hope you get your other grails sooner than expected!

5 Likes

WARNING:
THE NEW SET s6K Jet Black Spirit is the WORST SET I have ever seen. Blissey V has been printed but no Chansey. This means Blissey will also receive a textured full art and has STOLEN Chansey’s spot. Despite Cheryl being recently printed, TPCI decided to blatantly ignore her favorite Pokemon, which is Chansey, and print Blissey instead. I will be boycotting this set and suggest you do the same.

29 Likes

How I wish I could say it gets better. This is unacceptable.

9 Likes

wow somehow I missed when you made the first post in this!! amazing dude, congratulations, that is an amazing feat!

lol angry Chansey is the best Chansey

11 Likes

I stand with you and boycott the set.

1 Like

Getting some cute sleeves though!

5 Likes

Merchandise is not an excuse for not printing cards in the TCG. The pain is real. :sob:

3 Likes

Chansey always felt the most elusive and desirable to me as a kid. I didn’t know anyone who had one. And Chansey had that awesome reputation in the games for being ridiculously elusive, so when you came across one in the Safari Zone, you freaked out and your blood rose and threw you into a fit of maxed adrenaline and excitement at the chance at getting one. Chansey base was always so crazy for me to see.

I am crossing my fingers for you. Problem is that so many people just have such poor taste, dearest Chansey.

3 Likes

Two very special eggs. I am happy they have found each other and will be friends for life!

31 Likes

I am so happy to announce, Chansey has been included in the background art of the alternate art Blissey V. This is the first Chansey tcg unique art appearance in almost three years and the first ever TEXTURED Chansey. I recant my prior statements about Blissey and look forward to a new and wonderful chapter of my life appreciating the entire Chansey family line.

31 Likes