Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

Another extended artwork for the Base Pikachu has arrived. I still contact artists I don’t have Pikachus from every now and then. :blush: This one below is from onescribbleaday from Instagram. Really like the berries, especially the ones in front of Pikachu.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Another beautiful extended Base Pikachu has arrived, with a cute Caterpie and Weedle. This one is made by hollypaintscards of Instagram.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

All the Indonesian Pikachus and Mimikyus have arrived from my amazing new middleman (yes, I know I stopped collecting Mimikyus, but I still buy all Portuguese/Thai/Indonesian Mimikyus in case I decide to collect them again in the future, since those will be the hardest to catch up to in that case). I’ve also bought one Deck, and one booster pack of both set A and B (the pulls from the packs were rather lackluster, though… :neutral_face: I like the Holofoil Ribombee, but the other pack didn’t even had a non-holo rare in it…). The pulls from the randomized 60-card Deck were pretty solid, though. Here they all are:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

After @pokeolivr posted about his favorite booster box here in this thread, which is the very recent Japanese Sky Legend booster box, I decided to buy one as well to keep sealed, since they’re pretty affordable, and I’m curious what the price would be 10 years from now. :blush:

So, here it is. Such a beautiful artwork. Definitely worthy of keeping sealed.

Now, does anyone know where I can buy any (not too expensive) acrylic protection cases for small Japanese booster boxes like these?

EDIT: Now in its acrylic case, custom made by prdisplays1 from Instagram. It’s crystal clear; fits like a glove; and overall just of excellent quality. I can certainly recommend them to anyone who needs protection for their boxes. Thanks again for the recommendation @steveg! :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

15 Likes

Pm bud :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The rarest version (corrected version I) arrived today. So here a group picture of the four Ancient Mew versions in PSA-10. I will send some of the fifth version to PSA myself at the end of this year, along with some other cards, but if I’d wait until those return for a picture of five it will be close to May 2020 no doubt. :slightly_smiling_face:

For those who don’t know what the different Ancient Mew versions are, take a look at this excellent article of these four variations below by @uniqueusername. The fifth variation would be the ©2019 version, released with the Japanese Mewtwo Strikes Back - Evolution Movie pamphlet.

Greetz,
Quuador

9 Likes

@quuador,

I’d bet you all three of those passed through my hands about 20 years ago lol.

Nothing too special, but today the 381/SM-P Clefairy & Lillie promo arrived.

I thought about waiting for its English release (if it would be released in English at all), but after seeing some pictures I wanted this card. Why you might ask? The eye colors of Lillie and Clefairy change depending on the way the light shines on it, which looks pretty cool imo. :grin:

Here some examples for Lillie:

And here for Clefairy’s eye:

Here is a picture I saw online (haven’t been able to reproduce this just yet, but might try again later with artificial light instead of sunlight):

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Wow that is a cool holo effect on Lile!

1 Like

So, I’m finally done. :dizzy_face: Organizing my entire collecting in their *counting* 24 binders already took around 2 months. And after that putting them all in a file took another 1.5-2 months. But, I finished it the day before yesterday. I used to have a list in the past, but after the HDD of my PC broke about 3 years ago and the last backup was from a year prior, I didn’t do so anymore. I therefore also didn’t knew whether I already had a card I received for free with orders or not, or whether a card I had in my duplicated stack was truly a duplicate.

But, now ALL my cards are in a file again, sorted by chronological order of sets. The only thing incorrect are the release dates of foreign cards, which I’ve just put simultaneously as the English release (or as the Japanese release for some Korean cards). In reality French is usually a few weeks behind, but whatever.

Here it is.

A total of 10,817 non-duplicated amount of TCG cards at time of writing. And an additional 2 sealed products; 166 non-TCG cards; 81 altered/custom cards; and 36 fake cards. No doubt this has changed again tomorrow, since I have non-stop new cards incoming.

In addition: the day has come! My little brother cleaned his room, and he gave me his Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and some other card collections. :grin: I offered him 50 bucks for it knowing he had a Crystal Nidoking and triple-star Shining Steelix (both in played condition), but he said I could have everything for free on the condition that he’d get 25% for every card I sell from his collection. (Which is why cards in my checklist above are highlighted grey; those came from his collection.)

Here a few pictures of the highlights of his cards:

Loads of Reverse Holos and Holofoil Rares:

The Crystal Nidoking and triple-star Shining Steelix I mentioned, as well as a Shining Gyarados I forgot he had. And some nice Pokémon ex (the Electabuzz I already had myself):

Here the Yu-Gi-Oh highlights, which I still have to sort through. I also plan on sorting out my own collection. I used to play the game, but now I only collect. So I can sell loads of duplicates and will keep at max a play-set (3 in Yu-Gi-Oh) per card.

Unfortunately no LOB BEWD. :wink: But some nice cards overall, and also his entire Scrap Deck which was his favorite in the past (and he beat me with it quite often…) :slightly_smiling_face:

And here some pogs (or flippos as we call them in The Netherlands). I even have two or three of those Yu-Gi-Oh ones sealed as duplicates, which is kinda cool:

And the last one are Fox Kids TV cards from our local supermarket back then. The nostalgia when I browse through these binders. :laughing: I forgot some of those TV series (and some I don’t even remember seeing once on different pages). I also forgot there were these WINNER cards which were kinda special. :blush: The reason the artworks look like this, is because you received a lenticular holder to view the cards in.

Greetz,
Quuador

11 Likes

Congrats on the completion and then some!!! Besides your little project with your brother’s stuff, what are your next collecting goals if any?

Well, my collecting goals are still the same: Pikachus; Sevipers; Moltres #21 WotC Promo variations; English & Japanese exclusive Full Art Supporters; full national index including all forms/Shiny Pokémon; and Ancient Mews in PSA-10.
Those will always keep me busy, especially the Pikachus. :wink:

I do hope to complete the Moltres and Seviper collections in the near future (just one and two more variations respectively to complete them). And the Ancient Mew mini collection will be complete soon as well, after I send some of the fifth variation to PSA myself.

With the upcoming gen 8 of Shield & Sword, my National Index collection will probably get a bit more focus for a while, until all the Pokémon from that generation have been released.
And Pikachus still… In the past few months over 200 new Pikachus have been released, and it’s hard to keep up sometimes…

PS: This month however I did quite a few impulse buys outside of these collections. But more on that later when all of those have arrived.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Congratulations!

It really seems that being a collector it’s in the family!

And I havent notice the effect on the eyes of Lillie’s card! Its on my wishlist, as well as all the CHR cards. Hopefully before the end of the year are with me!

Thanks for sharing your collection!

1 Like

Well, it was in the family. :wink: He hasn’t looked at his collection in decades, and even when he gave them to me he didn’t care about them. He also has a collection of sea shells which he said he might get rid of soon if he needs more space.

I collect all kind of things, but my little brother doesn’t collect anything anymore these days a.f.a.i.k.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Congratz man, now that’s a spreadsheet :wink:

1 Like

I used to love those Mews as a kid. Still got some at my parent’s place. Do you also got the Nintedo misprint?

I’d love to see a YouTube video of your Pikachu collection

1 Like

It’s the top left, “Nintedo” is even on the label

2 Likes

oh haha, I was blind. Thank you :grin:

1 Like

I have this video from the start of 2017 when I had little over 700 Pikachu cards (which was the largest collection in the world back then, slightly more than Justin’s).

I also have this update video from the start of 2018, where I had around 250 more.

And I plan on doing an update video somewhere at the end of this year. As well as some videos for my other collections I hadn’t shown yet (FA Supporters, Moltres, and such).

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes