Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

AH RIGHT yeah it was Noodles. I had a feeling I got that wrong, sorry @_@;;

Ah, I’m so sorry. :slightly_frowning_face: I thought I had mention it everywhere where I posted the images-link… I’ve added it.

I also contacted @noodles, thanks.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Don’t worry I luckily have a portable WiFi box so its not inconvenience to me it just shocked me as I had just got a usage warning then bam 2 minutes later I had nothing haha.

1 down, 11 more to go. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really want to thank @noodles for selling a copy to me. I may have had to pay more money than I even did on a single card, but I’m so glad I got it. It’s really amazing to have a card in my collection of which only 100 copies exists. I feel honored to have it.
I will just put it in my binder as is in its top-holder, especially since Yann signed it with his name.

I hope I’m able to add the others to my collection one day, but since none of the others I contacted even responded so far I don’t have high hopes… :slightly_frowning_face:

Also, off-topic to the Art Academy Cards but on-topic for my Pikachu Card collection. I just opened a XY1 Korean Booster Box with 30 x 5 cards. At pack nr. 21 or so I finally had the Korean XY1 Pikachu that I wanted and which was the sole reason why I bought the box… Phew, was kinda nerve-racking to open booster after booster and getting close to the last packs without opening the card I wanted… But in the end I had 3 Pikachu Cards. I now got 56 Korean Cards of the entire set, out of the 64 available ones. I’m missing one Common (I’m glad it’s not Pikachu… :sweat: ), and a couple of Holo Rares, Ultra Rares and all three Secret Rares.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

You ever had multiple very exciting orders incoming, and they all arrived on the same day in one climax?.. Well… HUGE update time.

First of all literary huge:
Little over a month ago I came across two cheap Jumbo Pikachu Cards on eBay. They were for such an amazing price compared to others I saw in the past that I just bought them on impulse. Before that time I only focused on regular sized Pikachu Cards and only had one Jumbo Card in my possession: The Base Pikachu that I bought for 4 dollars about a year ago.

I didn’t even knew how much Jumbo Pikachu Cards existed. Since there are currently 782 regular sized TCG Pikachu Cards, I figured there would be about 30-50 Jumbo Cards. After I bought those two cheap ones I went searching how many there actually were and it turned out to be only 11! Since there were so little, and their artworks are pretty amazing, I searched for them on eBay and was able to buy all missing ones except for two. One of those missing two I was able to find on another webshop, and the last one (Pikachu and Pichu) I’ve seen for sale pretty often in the past, so I was just patience and it showed up two weeks later on eBay.
Recently however, the Red & Blue Pikachu EX Boxes were released in multiple languages (and also a French XY95 box), so there are now 17 Jumbo Pikachu Cards available, instead of 11. (PS: Does anyone know if these were released in Portuguese and/or Russian?)

While searching for Pikachu Jumbo Cards of course non-Pikachu Cards featuring Pikachu in their artwork showed up on the results as well, like the Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy Jumbo, or the Pokémon Plaza Jumbo. So, I looked at every Jumbo Card artwork and decided to, unlike my regular sized Pikachu Collection, add those as well.
The last one (the Battle Carnival 2011 Mewtwo) arrived today. Thanks a lot to @skinst for linking the YJ auction and @ozenigma for recommending Noppin as middleman service!

So… pictures:

Picture 1 (from left to right, top to bottom):

• TopDeck Magazine - Base Set Pikachu
  • CoroCoro Pikachu’s Summer Vacation
  • CoroCoro Pikachu & Pichu
  • Yokohama Captain’s Pikachu
  • Happy Birthday Pikachu
  • Birthday Compaign Pikachu 2010
  • Tokyo Tower Summer Carnival Pikachu
  • Birthday Compaign Pikachu 2012
  • Moving of Nagoya Pikachu
  • BEAMS x Pokémon Pikachu
  • Birthday Present Pikachu

Picture 2:

• Red & Blue Collection Pikachu EX (English)
  • Red & Blue Collection Pikachu EX (German)
  • Red & Blue Collection Pikachu EX (French)
  • Red & Blue Collection Pikachu EX (Spanish)
  • Promo XY95 Pikachu (French)
    (NOTE: The Italian Red & Blue Collection Pikachu EX will be released tomorrow October 12th, which I’ve pre-ordered. No idea why, but its release date was a month later than the other Red & Blue Collection Pikachu EX languages.)

Picture 3:

• Fan Club Tropical Present 1999
  • CoroCoro Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Clefairy
  • CoroCoro Pokémon Plaza
  • CoroCoro Pokémon Valley
  • CoroCoro Mewtwo Strikes Back
  • Osako Reopening Tepig
  • Fukuoka Reopening Oshawott
  • Battle Carnival 2011 Mewtwo
  • Battle Carnival 2012 Rayquaza
  • Opening of Tokyo Bay Inkay

So, as far as I know I now have my Pikachu Jumbo & Jumbo Cards featuring Pikachu in their artwork complete (with the Italian Pikachu EX incoming). Considering the cards I was able to buy on eBay the very first time I searched for them, I think I’ve picked the perfect time to collect them. Completed the collection in just one month. Now back to regular sized Pikachu Cards again. :slightly_smiling_face:

So, next update! Here in this collection thread of @xgav1337x I mentioned my incoming Mitsuhiro Arita autographed Base Pikachus. Well, they arrived as well:

Very glad I won these, since I’m a sucker for Base Set variants. :blush:

Which is also why I bought this one when I came across it, an Albino Base Pikachu:

Unfortunately, I came to the conclusion that there are probably close to zero legit Albino Misprinted cards. This one above is clearly discolored by the sun, as the entire card is lighter instead of just the border. I’ve come across a few other supposedly Albino Misprinted cards on eBay or forums, but I think all of them are just discolored.
The only legit one is probably this Jungle Pikachu, and I’m even doubting it is…
Anyway, it was cheap, so I’m still glad I got it. But I won’t pay the amount I had previously in my head for future ‘Albino’ Misprinted Pikachus I’ll come across.

Oh, and two more updates while we’re at it. I also received my Korean Evolutions Box today. I’ve only bought one and was mainly after the Base Artwork Pikachu. I figured I would just buy the Secret Rare EX one loose later on, since I knew the chance was pretty slim with just one box. BUT, the only holo Secret Rare I’ve pulled is the Pikachu EX I wanted. :grin: Very glad I did, so I don’t have to look for these anymore.

Oh, and a 100/DP-P PSA-10 Pikachu arrived as well. Couldn’t find one ungraded, so I decided to just spend a little bit extra for this PSA 10.

So, like I said, huge update. :wink: I’ve also updated my Excel again. Currently have 621 regular sized Pikachu Cards, 16 more incoming and 149 more to collect.

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

Where is your source of money coming from and how do I get some!?

Amazing collection sir.

1 Like

Hehe, I always wonder the exact same thing when I see a PSA 10 Base Set Holo being sold for 1.5k+… :wink:

All the Jumbo Cards + Autographed & Beckett Authenticated Cards + Albino Card + 5 more random Jumbo Cards I liked (like the Shadow Lugia or Ash’s Gredinja EX) combined were about 1.25k. Still a lot of money for one month, but I earn about 2k each month and have no other expenses apart from my collections at the moment (still living with my parents…). (Although I might also have spend an additional 650 USD this last month on regular sized Pikachu Cards and Twisty Puzzles, so I actually went a bit above budget…)

But, seeing this entire Jumbo Collection combined was worth it imo. :grin: And my motto when I buy collection additions: “You’ll only have to buy it once, and then you can enjoy it forever.” (Disclaimer: Don’t follow this motto, it’s bad for your wallet!! :rofl: )

EDIT: Oh, and thanks!

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

What a mail day, I know the feeling!

Nice find on the French XY95, I’ve been watching for alternate languages but mostly only on eBay so I figured I’d miss the release of the French/German ones if/when they happened. Portuguese exists, not sure about Spanish or Italian releases either though.

I’m really jealous of your ability to devote so many resources to your collection. I’ve got way too many bills on my month-to-month to dream of making that kind of purchase progress. Tack on the fact I hope to move in about a year and I’m at almost a stand-still. You have passed me at this point on unique variations owned, keep it up!

1 Like

I know about the Portuguese XY95, but there is also a German one you say?

I did? :confounded: Last time I checked I had about 15 cards that you didn’t have yet, but you had little over 50 cards which I don’t have. So I haven’t passed you (yet :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

No German one yet that I’ve seen but I’d be surprised if one doesn’t surface.

I own about 601 cards not including 1-off misprints, which is maybe 10 or so. On Order I have about 30 cards. So I guess overall I may be a hair ahead, but you’re going to pass me. I can’t afford your pace xD

Hmm, then I’ve miscounted… :confounded: Actually, I’ve only counted which cards that you have/have on order I don’t have yet, and which cards you are still looking for that I have. I haven’t counted your entire collection as a total. Still weird that I have more then…

Ah well, so you’re saying I now have the biggest Pikachu Card collection in the world as far as we know of. That was a bit anti-climactic… :confused: :wink:

Btw, you at least have your own place. I still need to move out in the future. Unfortunately we have to prioritize sometimes, and I can understand you’ve prioritize settling in your new apartment over your collection. I would probably do the same when I’m moving out.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

The Italian Red & Blue Pikachu box that I pre-ordered has arrived.

As I stated before when I showed my entire Pikachu Jumbo collection, the Italian one was delayed (original by 1 month, but turned out to be by more than 1.5 months). But, it arrived. I now also know there aren’t any Russian nor Portuguese releases for this card in either regular or Jumbo size, so I’ve completed my Pikachu Jumbo collection! :blush:

Also, I came across the following card on the YJ. It’s an Imakuni? autographed Pikachu 090/XY-P promo from 2014. I’m about 95% sure it’s authentic, but perhaps someone is able to confirm this?

I can’t seem to view the original auction text anymore since I bought through a middleman website (Noppin). But it stated that it was signed by Imakuni in 2014, and the part at the left was blurred out on the pictures since they are the names of the person(s) it was signed for.

The signature looks like the ones I’ve seen before of Imakuni?, like the ones in this video of @smpratte . Instead of the entire bottom part of the card being covered, it is smaller. Maybe this is on request of the person it was signed for, or because this is a Full Art card and Imakuni didn’t want the artwork to be covered.

Either way, could someone confirm that it is indeed real as I’m assuming it is.
And if it isn’t real, it doesn’t matter all that much. I bought it for only a tiny bit more than this card goes for without autograph… :slightly_smiling_face: Apartenly no one else bid on it besides me. (It crossed my mind that this might not be a very good sign regarding its authenticity… But let’s just say I’m lucky instead. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Portuguese Red/Blue boxes follow the English format in that they have a figure and not a jumbo, so you are done with the jumbos indeed. I did want to say though that I’m not convinced they will not get a R&B Collection Pikachu box in Portuguese. My Portuguese contact doesn’t think it is likely but they’ve received all the others so far, and the Pikachu box was to be the last so I would be surprised if they don’t. I’m not ruling it out yet. Their delays are typically a month behind at least, so it makes sense we haven’t seen it yet.

Ah ok, thanks for correcting me. I’ll put the Portuguese XY124 Pikachu EX in my soon-to-be-released list. If they have the other Red & Blue boxes it’s indeed likely they will get this one as well.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Hey quuador, I got confirmation from copag Brazil (the printing company for tcpi in Brazil) that the pikachu ex box will indeed be printed. Keep an eye out for it in the coming month or two :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! Now all I need is someone from Brazil that can be my middleman… :sweat:

@tonysandlin have you got any word back from your Brazilian contacts?

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Not yet, but if you have a facebook, you could try joining the Brazil pokemon card group and ask there.

Do you mean this one? www.facebook.com/pkmntcgbr/ Or a different one?

Greetz,
Quuador

Yep!

Today is my birthday, and what is a better present than the 2nd out of the 12 Art Academy Pikachu cards:

I came across it on eBay for a pretty reasonable price, less than what I was willing to pay for it max.

Also, just two more of the Evolutions Base Pikachu to order - Italian Theme Deck and French Reverse Holo (and then waiting until all arrived), before I’ll update my article about all the Base Pikachu artworks.

Greetz,
Quuador

13 Likes