Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

For those who don’t know, Seviper is my favorite Pokémon, and I’ve completed my Seviper TCG collection about 1.5 years ago in all available languages. Since about a year ago, I’ve been collecting non-TCG Seviper products. Basically everything that has a Seviper in it, unless it’s a product featuring the entire gen 3, is something I’d get for my collection. This includes non-TCG cards; stickers; plushies; figures; magnets; pogs; metal tags; posters; DVD covers; manga covers; etc. etc. I even have a cushion, and am still looking for the accompanying blanket and towel.

Since there is quite a lot, and some stuff is still incoming, I’m gonna do my non-TCG Seviper collection in parts as well. Today we’ll start with my favorites: plushies and figures. (I will go over them in a pretty random order.)

Seviper Plushies:

A.f.a.i.k. there are only two officially released Seviper plushies, which I have both.

Pokémon Fit (aka Sitting Cuties):

The first Seviper plushy is a Pokémon Fit plushy, also known as Sitting Cuties plushies. These are Pokémon plushies released by the official Pokémon Center, the Pokémon-exclusive retail stores of The Pokémon Company. The first 30 plushies from generation 1 were released in Japanese Pokémon Centers in July 2018, with more plushies from generation 1 released in November 2018, as well as on the US Pokémon Center webshop. Generation 2 had a similar release schedule from June 2019 onward. And generation 3, including Seviper, came from January 30th, 2021 onward.
(Oh, and I know plushy collectors will hate me for this, but I’ve removed the tags/labels.)

“unknown brand” Chinese Plushy:

Next we have the only other released Seviper plushy I’m aware of. I don’t know when or by who it was released unfortunately, except that it’s from a Chinese company. This plushy is pretty big in comparison to the small Pokémon Fit Seviper, and it has flexible metal wiring inside of it, so you can shape it however you want.
If anyone has any information about these, lmk.

Seviper Figures:

Next we have the Seviper figures. There are 32 different Seviper figures I’m aware of. From those, I currently own 25; have no interest in two of them since they’re Chinese knock-offs that look the same as some other official figures; and I am still looking for the other five that are missing (four Metal Collection figures, and one Chinese Wei Toys figure - which is technically a knock-off from the Takara Tomy Data Carrier Figure, but unlike the other two Chinese knock-offs, looks different enough for me to want it).

Bandai Kids:

The Pokémon Kids figures from Bandai began in 1996 in Japan, and later also had some releases in Europe and Australia by the same company. These figures are hollow with an opening at the bottom, and usually sold as ‘finger puppets’. (Here an additional source with pictures of almost all figures, under the first ポケットモンスター (Pokémon) section.)

There are five different Bandai Kids Seviper figures, with two distinct poses:
The first Bandai Kids Seviper figure was released somewhere in 2003, as part of the Pokémon Kids Advance 2 line, which contained 19 regular figures in total.
Another Bandai Kids Seviper figure was released somewhere in 2005, as part of the Textured Pokémon Kids line, which contained 15 figures in attack poses in total.
Up until the DP era in 2008, all Bandai Kids figures also had a clear version available. All figures from regular sets (so excluding promos) were available with translucent plastic, although it wasn’t until 2002 that this was mentioned on the packaging with the words クリア (clear).
In addition, some of the Pokémon figures had a shiny releases, for which the Seviper is one of them. The Shiny Seviper with the regular pose was released somewhere in 2004.
Some figures were also reprinted in later releases. For the Seviper, the regular figure was reprinted in the BW era Pokemon Kids Best Wish Genesect Edition box of 2013.
These figures also came with cards, but more on that in a later part.

Here below all five figures, including sealed boxes of the 2005 and 2013 versions. (I am still trying to find four more sealed boxes: a red box for the regular figure from 2003; and two different boxes for the Shiny figure, which can be seen in my Seviper WTB thread.) The second picture shows the difference between a regular and Clear version for the Attack pose Seviper figure, taken from the bottom so you can also see it’s a hollow finger puppet.

Visual Pokémon Encyclopedia (aka Zukan figures):

Next we have the Visual Pokémon Encyclopedia figures, more commonly known simply as Zukan figures (the Japanese word for encyclopedia), which came from capsule vending machines (more commonly known as Gashapon). All these figures are on a base, and in a 1/40 scale of their original size (with a few exceptions that are in a smaller scale - usually 1/50 - for the very large Pokémon). This means that some of the figures are very small, as can for example been seen with the Meowth in the picture below. (There are also some special releases of the very large Pokémon still in a 1/40 scale, like Wailord, Lugia, and Ho-Oh to give some examples, for which the Lugia and Ho-Oh were limited to just 2000 copies.)

The first Zukan figures were released in August 2003 by the company Yujin, and primarily featured generation 3 Pokémon. There were 9 sets for this RSE (Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald) series in total, which all had brown bases. In RSE 3 from December 2003, there was a Seviper + Zangoose pair with number 8.
After that came the GSC (Gold, Silver, and Crystal) series from April 2005 onward, which primarily featured generation 1 and 2 Pokémon. This time there were 6 sets in total, and they all had green bases.
After that from September 2006 onward, Takara Tomy ARTS took over and continued with: the DP (Diamond & Pearl) series of 15 sets with black bases; the BW (Black & White) series of 5 sets with purple bases, from which point onward the clear pegs were replaced with molds; and the XY series of 4 sets with black bases featuring a Poké Ball, which was the last Zukan release in February 2015.
There were also some special promo sets for each of these series, for which the RSE SP 2 set from late June 2004 included a Seviper + Wobuffet + Meowth triplet with number 5 on a black base.

Here below both Zukan figures featuring a Seviper, including the Seviper as additional loose figures.

Trading Figure Game:

Next we have the TFG figures, made by the company Kaiyodo. As their name suggests, you could use these figures to play a game, which is why they’re all on rotating bases. These figures were first released in fall of 2006 in Europe, Australia, and Southeast Asia, and in 2007 in the US and Japan. After an initial test phase in the European and Australian market, the TFG’s American transition was plagued by delays. Coupled with the cost of the figures and lack of support from the Pokémon Organized Play program, the TFG was officially discontinues on June 2nd, 2009. Because of this, there was only one set officially released, which was Next Quest, containing 42 figures in total, with an additional 6 Crystal and 10 Pearl figures (as well as 8 Trainer cards).
The second Groundbreakers set was in the middle of releasing when the TFG were discontinued. The Skydive (with Latios, Raticate, Hariyama, and trainer Green figures) and Whirlwind (with Geodude, Latias, Mightyena, and trainer Landon) products were officially released at Walmarts, but all the other Groundbreakers figures never saw a release. Some prototypes did make it onto the collector’s market however, so although very rare and hard to do, it is possible to have a full Groundbreakers figure set (again 42 regular figures), although most of them will be without their bases. (Although 8 TFG Trainer cards were announced for the Groundbreaker set, only 6 of them were released in the two earlier mentioned products. The 1/8 No Wait and 2/8 Power Battle were never released, and pictures of those TFG cards are also unavailable.)
Despite the early cancelation of the TFG, there is also an Unnamed Third Set with again 42 figures (without any TFG Trainer cards). Some of these were already made and showcased at events in 2008, and they’re surprisingly easier to find (even with their bases) than the Groundbreaker figures. This third unnamed set does include a Seviper with number 29/42, which was available with both a black and white bases, which I both have in my collection.
Apart from that, there were also nine Black Star Promo TFG figures.
For more info about the TFG, I can recommend watching HamsterBomb’s TFG YouTube series.

Kaiyodo Chess Figures:

Next, by the same company Kaiyodo as the earlier mentioned TFG figures, we have the Chess Figures. Unfortunately, not too much information can be found about these. All I know is that there were just three officially released sets, where set 1 included 12 figures; set 2A included 6 figures; and set B included 6 figures as well. These chess figures came with a tall black base, with a rotating disc at the bottom. These 24 officially released figures all had an unique figure design, but there have also been Kaiyodo releases for additional Chess Figures, which had reused designs from their earlier TFG and Bottlecap products. This is also the case for Seviper; so the figure itself is exactly the same as that of the TFG figure above, except it’s on the Chess Figure base (without the green grass). The Chess figures come with three randomly colors loose discs, which you can put underneath your figure to increase its height. I’d imagine these discs can be used to indicate the different chess pieces, so you could use any figure for any of the positions to play a game of chess.
Here the Seviper Chess Figure both with and without without these discs.

Pokémon Keychain:

Next we have the Pokémon Keychains from the company Basic Fun, for which all figures came with a closeable Poké Ball. They were first released somewhere in 1999 and there are a total of 25 sets, with the last one from somewhere in 2012. Most of the sets contained four different figures, except for series 9 with three figures and series 2, 6, and 7 with five figures each. Series 10 (from somewhere around 2004 or 2005) included a Seviper, alongside the legendary Pokémon Kyogre, Groudon, and Jirachi.

Here two pictures of the figure inside its Pokéball; the figure without Pokéball; the (figure inside the) closed Poké Ball; and a sealed one in its original package.

Chupa Suprise:

Another figure that came with Poké Balls are the Chupa Surprise figures. These figures were first released somewhere in 2007 and are produced by Takara Tomy ARTS. They also still make and sell them today, since I’ve seen Chupa Surprise figures from 2022 available for sale. They were sold at retail shops, and were also available at Pokémon Centers in Japan.
Most of them came with ChupaChups lollipops, where the Poké Balls were covering the top of the lollipop and also contained the small figures. But some were available in loose packages with a piece of candy alongside the figure inside the Poké Ball, which was also the case for the Seviper.

I’m not sure about the set, but the Seviper was released in February 2013. Here below the figure without Poké Ball (I have bought a loose Poké Ball, which is still incoming, so I’ll update this picture in the future). (I am still looking for the sealed Chupa Surprise Seviper in its original packaging.)

KeshiPoké:

Next we have the KeshiPoké figures, yet another brand of figures that came with Poké Balls. These Poké Balls were actually erasers, which is where the name comes from (Keshigomu is the Japanese word for eraser). From around 1997 the company Amada created KeshiMon figures. These also had the tiny Poké Ball shaped erasers, but the figures were tiny golden or silver figures. From 2003 onward, Amada’s child company Ensky continued with the KeshiPoké figures. Both the KeshiMon and AG era KeshiPoké figures are very rare and sought after (although this can be said by a lot of generation 3 products). Originally these figures were known as KeshiPoké Real Color Collection, but the name was changed to simply KeshiPoké from the Diamond & Pearl series onward.
Each set contained 12 figures, with one or two additional Secret Rares (or 17 for the eight DP era set, with 17 different Arceus Plate Secret Rares). The AG (Advanced Generation) series had 7 sets; the DP (Diamond & Pearl) series had 10 sets; and the BW (Best Wishes) series had a single set. There were also four special sets with three figures each, which unlike the main series weren’t with a blind box where the figure you’d get was a surprise, but instead the figure inside it was known before opening.

Seviper was in the fifth AG set, although I’m not sure about its release date. Here below the tiny figure without Poké Ball (I have bought a loose Poké Ball, which is still incoming, so I’ll update this picture in the future).

Full Color Advance (aka Pokédex Figures):

Next we have the Full Color Advance figures, more commonly known as Pokédex Figures. These figures all came with clear base with a piece of cardboard that contains Pokédex info about the Pokémon. They were produced by Bandai and could be found in capsule vending (Gashapon) machines.

They originally started somewhere in 1996 with the Full Color Collection and Full Color Stadium series, featuring all 151 Pokémon of generation 1, most of which had multiple figures available. Unfortunately I’ve been unable to find any more information or links for these first two series.
For generation 2 the series was called Battle Museum, which ran from January 2000 to February 2001 for a total of 13 sets with 12 figures each, except for the 5th set which contained 13 figures (the Smeargle was available with both red or green paint brush tip). This series didn’t include the entirety of generation 2. These figures came with small interlocking black bases, with a sticker of the Pokémon name at the front.
After that came the TM Collection, which contained a mixture of generation 1, 2, and 3 Pokémon in 8 sets of 10 figures each. These figures were called pencil toppers, and came with small loose stickers with information about the Pokémon.
After that from 2003 to 2005 we had the Full Color Advance figures, better known as Pokédex Figures as mentioned earlier. There were 15 regular sets total, with 12 figures per set, with the exception of the very first set which contained 10 instead. There were also two promo sets, with 16 and 15 figures respectively.
And from 2006 to the present day they’re call Chou Get, aka Super Get Encyclopedia. Just like the Full Color Collection, Full Color Stadium, and Battle Museum series, they have interlocking bases. Unlike the earlier mentioned, these Chou Get bases are in multiple colors and 3D, and can be interlocked vertically as well as horizontally. These Chou Get figures are split between an original series of 15 sets with 8 to 11 figures each; a Platinum World series where each figure come in two different base variants, of 5 sets with 10 figures each; a Zenkoku series of 12 sets with 10 to 12 figures each; a Best Wishes series where each figure had both a regular and clear variant, of 2 sets with 6 figures each; and two special sets with 10 figures each, with all available figures available with a regular and clear base.

The Seviper came in the Full Color Advance series as mentioned, inside the third set of mid-December 2003. Here below the figure both with and without its base.

Data Carrier:

Next we have the Data Carrier Pokémon figures made by Takara Tomy ARTS between 2002 and 2004. A total of 19 Data Carrier figures were available, and they all have a transparent round disc as base. These figures are also pretty big in comparison to other figures, including the more commonly known Monster Collection figures of Takara Tomy ARTS, which didn’t included a Seviper.

The Seviper was released in July 2003. Here below this figure, including an additional sealed one in its original package.

Pokémon Advanced Battle Figures:

Following the original Battle Figures of Takara Tomy ARTS and Hasbro, which ran from 1998 to 2003, were the Pokémon Advanced Battle Figures from 2003 to 2006 produced by just the US company Hasbro, but also sold in Australia and some other countries outside the US. The first set from 2003-2004 contained 20 packages with two figures each (including a Seviper + Treecko pair); the second set from 2005 contained 15 packages with again two figures each; and the third special 10th anniversary set in 2006 contained both reprints of the earlier sets and new figures with 25 packages, with 1 to 3 figures per package (including a Seviper + Weezing pair). The larger figure in each package also has moving parts, which is also true for the Seviper, for which the head can slightly more forward and the tail slightly backwards at the same time with a spring mechanism.

Here below the Seviper, released somewhere in 2003. (I am still looking for both sealed products.)

PokéBell Collection:

Somewhere in 1998 the first PokéBell Collection keychains were released by Kyodo. These small keychains contained Pokémon figures on top of a Poké Ball shaped metallic bell. Originally these Poké Balls only included the standard red and white Poké Balls; Great (Super) Balls; Ultra Balls; and Master Balls, but from the third generation onward more variations were added. Most if not all of the first three generations of Pokémon have been featured as a PokéBell Collection keychain, with some popular Pokémon being available with multiple different poses. The sets contained 8 to 12 different PokéBells each.

Seviper was in the fourth set of the AG (Advanced Generation) series (not sure about its release date), and came with a Nest Ball as bell.

Pokémon Metal Collection:

Then we have the Pokémon Metal Collection figures, also made by Kyodo. They started producing them in 1997, and still make them today. The first generation of 151 Pokémon was available in many different colors, which included gold, silver, bronze, copper, pewter, red, orange, green, blue, purple, and lilac. From the second generation onward however, just five colors were available per figure: shiny gold, shiny silver, matte bronze, matte copper, and matte pewter. And from the eight DP set onward, just four colors were available per figure: shiny golf, shiny silver, matte bronze, and matte gold-copper.
The original series contained 10 sets, released between 1997 and 2001, which features Pokémon from the first two generations. The AG (Advanced Generation) series contained 6 sets, released in 2004 and 2005. After that came the 10 DP era sets. And after that I’m not sure how many BW era sets or more modern sets were released.

The Seviper came in the fourth AG era set, althou I don’t know a more precise release date than the 2004-2005 mentioned earlier. Thus far I’ve also only been able to find the shiny silver Seviper figure, and am still trying to find the other four colors. Unfortunately for me, the AG era of Metal Collection figures are very rare and hard to find, unlike the earlier and later eras…

“unknown brand” figures:

And finally we have a bunch of figures from unknown origin.

• The first is a reasonably large figure that comes in three different parts, which was released by a European company.
  • Next a figure I have seen for sale on a lot of different places (I’ve seen this figure for sale from US, UK, Dutch, French, and Italian sellers…), which is made of rubber.
  • Then a much darker black figure of unknown origin.
  • And last four malformed miniature Seviper figures, released by a Chinese company. The black one is slightly larger than the other three, but the three dark blue figures are all made with the same mold, but painted differently (all three are very badly painted however…)

If anyone has any information about these unknown figures, please lmk. Any info at all is welcome.

If anyone is aware of any other Seviper plushies of figures not mentioned above, please let me know a.s.a.p. :blush: Also, if anyone sees any of my missing Seviper items somewhere available for sale, lmk as well.

I’m not sure yet which non-TCG products I will go over in the next part or when I’ll post it, but you can expect it in the not too distant future.

Greetz,
Quuador

15 Likes