QueenDrifloon's collection, a menagerie

Pardon the shitty appearance, I keep trying to rotate my imgur pics and it won’t let me.

So, I have over 3,000 unique cards (all doubles set aside) and I’m hoping to post pictures of all of them, even if just for my own organization reason. To begin;

This is what I have so far for ultra rare, “special” cards

16 Likes

Super nice collection! Great variety - especially love the Dragons Exalted Ho-oh. And not to mention the first edition stamps. :blush:

1 Like

So many of my older cards are just good luck. Having friends give me their cards when they weren’t interested anymore, and/or getting booster packs at the right time long ago. Operating aimlessly has it’s advantages.

1 Like

Awesome variety :blush:

Damn, I wish I had friends that would give me their cards when they are not interested anymore!

1 Like

know that feeling

6 Likes

you have some really cool cards my friend :blush: love the shadowless part :grin: :heart_eyes: :wink:

Couldn’t agree more

1 Like

Thanks all! I’ve been collecting for close to 20 years, again without a specific target or goal, so from time to time over the years (before PoGo came out, mostly) people offered me their cards they had from childhood not realizing potential value. I’m sure, however, that what I’ve spent on boosters vs what my collection is worth I’m at a deficit. Lol but it is what it is. I just love Pokemon and collecting/ organizing things. The joy is the thrill of the chase for me-- opening a booster and finding something worth while, buying a lot of random cards and finding something cool, that sort of thing. At the end of the day I think I’ve only ever bought 3 specific cards on their own; Jirachi ex, Ponyta shiny and my fave shiny Drifloon.

I bought a Japanese Neo Destiny booster and because of who I am, opened it.

Good news! It must not have been weighed because I did indeed get a holo!

Bad news! No shining cards.

Here’s my haul for the curious;

3 Likes

Chansey & Flareon have bitchinn’artwork, nice pulls!

Thank you! I’m debating getting some of these graded since they’re mint. Maybe I can get back some of what I paid for the booster.

There’s a shocking lack of balloon pokemon :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

Fair point! Here are my ghost balloon child stealers;

Hoping to start adding first editions and other languages. There aren’t that many to collect.

5 Likes

I need that shiny drifloon in a psa 10 to finish the set.
Nice collection!

1 Like

Yes! I’d love to get my hands on a Japanese 1st edition of it

I’ve loved this card forever and never thought I’d be able to get an affordable copy of it…however, I won a great auction!

It was listed as being damaged and there was only a stock photo, so I was expecting the worst but still happy to have it.

However, the only damage is this small crease in the holo. You can barely see it at most angles, so all in all I think it’s LOVELY!

6 Likes

@queendrifloon, awesome find and Congrats!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I paid $13.50 for this beauty! Can’t argue with that price even if it was really damaged.

3 Likes

Great pickup!

1 Like

Wooow! Such a great price! :grin:

1 Like