PWCC Vault vs. Ebay Vault

cries in maple syrup

4 Likes

So I just had my 5 cards in my PWCC vault sent to me and I was surprised how much it cost. The shipping cost 25 bucks which was based on how much the cards needed to be insured for and then there was an additional fee. After all was said and done it came to 50 dollars for shipping, which seemed like a lot to me, especially since they were sent in just a single bubble mailer that was stuffed inside a cardboard envelope. That packaging was pretty crappy considering it had over 2k in cards.

3 Likes

PWCC’s Shipping Costs:
https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/shipping-charges

If you’re in the U.S., their shipping costs for 3-5 cards priced at $1,500-$3,000 is $27. In addition to these shipping costs, you’ll pay 1% of the insured value of the items. So if your items were insured for $2,500, you would pay an additional $25. That would come out to ~$52.

Although it’s frustrating to pay $50 to get ahold of your cards, you likely saved over one hundred dollars in tax by sending it immediately to your vault after winning. For example, if I won $2,500 worth of cards and if my state charges 7% sales tax, I would have to pay $175 just in sales tax. Then add shipping on top of that. By doing the vault, I could save $125 on the same transaction because of Oregon’s (and by extension, PWCC’s) 0% sales tax.

Hope this makes sense and helps! Of course, it depends on your circumstances and where you are located.

4 Likes

Be glad you arent over in the UK thats cheap lol.

hmm i wonder what the pricing will be if you take out 400+ items worth 50k+

Somewhere north of $600.

1 Like

hmm not bad for that amount. Maybe one day ill empty the vault when I have a place to put them lol

Legitimate question: How do you enjoy your collection if 400+ slabs are at PWCC? Do you like scrolling through the scans or something like that?

1 Like

those 400+ are just a fraction of the cards I’ve been collecting over the years. I have most of my collection on me that I browse through every other day. Only my ebay purchases and pwcc auction stuff is held in the vault which I only started 1-2 years ago I think.

but yes I scroll through scans of some of the cards I especially like :smile:

2 Likes

Step 1) download the scans
Step 2) sell the cards
Step 3) use the proceeds to buy more cards and you still have the scans to look at

4 Likes

Seems like a lot of work to skip sales tax on shiny cardboard.

4 Likes