PSA Financial Guarantee

Hello all! So I found that one of my PSA 9 grade WOTC holos has a huge indent line across the entire back of the card and is visible from the front from what I assume was from the printing process. I ended up replacing it with a proper graded 9 later down the line.

I was originally going to sell it “as is” mentioning the defect, but I am only now discovering the PSA policy here.

They mention:

Has anyone had experience with this process and willing to give their input? I’m not the original submitter for the card and wondering if this process is a nightmare or not to go through.

There was a guy who had PSA damage his $40,000 card – they basically tried to pretend nothing went wrong and put it in a new slab.

I wouldn’t hold your breath. Offering a policy like that is purely to make PSA look better – it’s a total conflict for them, and they’ll likely either ignore you, or fight you tooth and nail to reject your claim (regardless of how much documentation you have).

So for refence I didn’t grade it and is kinda the opposite situation. What you describe seems to be someone submitting a 9/10 quality card and PSA damaging it themselves and giving it a lower grade.

My situation is that I bought a 9 graded card and the denting on it would absolutely give it a lower grade if re-graded.

Message PSA

Yup, message PSA. And in the future, post questions like this here: www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-professional-grading-thread/30930/1

2 Likes