PSA did not send back every card from my order!

Hello all! Basically what the title says. I have been grading with PSA for almost 10 years. I have sent them thousands of cards across almost 100 orders. Anyway, the problem I had last week was when my most recent order returned back without 1 card. The order contained 35 pokemon cards total, but I only received back 34. The card missing is a PSA 9 1st edition typhlosion 17/111. I filed a claim with PSA earlier this week and they replied back that they are looking into it and will let me know within 10 business days.

My question is has anyone else experienced this sort of thing happening to them and what was the outcome?

2 Likes

Never experienced this, but I am sure that it happens on occasion. I hope that there is a positive outcome here. Keep us posted. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Jeeeez that sounds lousy. I hope they find your card 100%. This is pretty cut and dry at least so you should get full compensation for it. Keep up the good fight!

3 Likes

I would hope so, the package wasnt tampered with when I received it in the mail so its obvious the card was never sent to me… I just hope the t17 ended up in a lost and found area at PSA, but who knows?

Did they upcharge you for the card? Maybe it was put in the upcharge department before departing and never rejoined the order? Just speculating out loud

1 Like

yes actually the t17 did get upcharged, but i also had a base blastoise get upcharged as well and the blastoise made it in the order…

UPDATE: So I finally got a call back from PSA yesterday. They said they checked the cameras, but could not definitively see that the T17 made it into my box so they decided to refund me. At first she said she would refund me only $193 ($175 declared value + $18 grading fee), but after some discussion I told her it was an upcharged card to the $100 Express service. She said that changes things and called me back a few hours to let me know that they could refund $1499 + the $100 upcharge fee so $1599 total.

It was going to be 4-6 weeks for the refund to be processed so I decided to have the refund amount applied to future PSA orders.

6 Likes

Some sports guy is out there somewhere upset he got a cartoon weasel in his order

It’s nice to know that if you get upcharged then they adjust their insurance value. Very unfortunate that the T17 is just vanished

6 Likes

If you want the card back, you can always share the cert and we can help look for it. Maybe someone got it in their order by mistake and is trying to sell it. I know it’s been a few weeks, but you never know.

1 Like

This is my fear whenever I send anything, and I’ve only had an express and a economy done directly with PSA. I’m glad everything worked out

1 Like

Yeah, it will definitely show up somewhere. I doubt anyone who got it by mistake would just throw it in the trash lolz

1 Like