Pre-Release Raichu Conspiracy Thread

1 Like

I start sweating a bit when I see this much CGC talk from someone’s first post and the ip pings out of Florida

20 Likes

here we go again

8 Likes

Just commenting before it’s locked :blush:

1 Like

As far as we know its only been one pre-release raichu, and this card is in the collection of someone who does not grade cards or care for it. So where is the copy that you are talking about that CGC is in the prosses of autenticating?

1 Like

Next thing we know CGC has authenticated a PR Raichu and he just so happens to be the owner.

2 Likes

And on eBay for $1,000,000!

1 Like

Legends never die.

It’ll be fun if we can see one make it into a case. We’ve barely had enough to talk about lately… but I do seriously want to see one authenticated.

2 Likes

1 Like

Did you come from reading this post? Lol.
www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/lyzixl/rumours_of_an_extremely_rare_pokemon_card_have/?

That was an odd trip down memory lane. There are plenty more unresolved mysteries with some of those users than just the one mentioned here.

3 Likes

Anything can happen

Ha, I just saw that too! I was wondering if people would be jumping on E4 about it, and then saw this thread.

Haha I came here to say that, reddit is leaking.

2 Likes

No such thing unless you mean all the fakes besides one that surfaced. And don’t think anything authenticated by CGC would settle it.

1 Like

With the random reddit thread and now this e4 thread back to back today I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a lot of noise being drummed up about this card in the coming weeks before it “shockingly” gets graded by CGC and ends up in the very next PWCC block.

1 Like

Every Pre Release Raichu is fake, even the ones that were “given” to wotc employees

IWTB.

This guy above ( :grin: ). I’ve known winners be received at nationals back in the days which is likely their way of divulging into the mainstream. Their emergence was likely not from a main or primary team from USSRA.

Despite their looks be worse than PSA the impact on such a small time scale CGC has done by reversing the rules PSA guidelined about what is acceptable has been more balls and less soy than the former has ever had.

[EDIT] If there’s any notion I’ve recognized on being here since are how dogmatic or gatekeeping the big names views are on legitimacy until their reality changes in front of them and suddenly say whatever extreme previous scenario now proven wrong is said like how they told us so.

1 Like

Due to the circumstances these were printed under I’d imagine it’d be difficult to have these graded or authenticated. So no, I don’t think it’ll ever be graded.

It’d have to be a combined effort of verifiying the card and the stamp together with the confirmation of a couple of the people involved like the print-production manager or Mr. Boozer.

Highly unlikely…especially as most of the cards are still with the original owners. And if the current card prices can’t lure them out, nothing will. Due to the backstory of the card, none will ever appear on ebay.

There are only 3 legitimate copies in the wild that I personally know of: One is in the collection of the biggest English card collector (USA), One is in the hands of a passionate Pokemon card and rare minerals collector (Germany) and one copy was sold by Avmozz, the former owner of Greylight ages ago (But no clue where that copy went).

10 years ago there was a slim chance to acquire one with a great network of contacts. Nowadays it’s impossible.

You don’t think the one that the largest English collector has in his collection was actually printed on a wizards of the coast printer?