Politoed666's PSA returns: MASSSIVE UPDATE 7/22/21

See my post on page 4 for the most recent returns!

Got my first ever PSA submissions back today! This is nothing compared to most people here, but I’m excited about it. If I’ve learned anything, it’s that either I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing or that condition is extremely subjective… Maybe both! I’m thrilled and pleasantly surprised by the Venusaur and the Espeon, but fairly irked by the Charizard and, to a lesser extent, the Pikachu. The Shadowless Zard, to my eye, is in virtually identical condition to the Blastoise apart from the shitty centering.

Overall, though, I’m pleased and eager to get back the other 62 cards that weren’t expedited. Even though these are the highest value cards, there are a ton of mint (we’ll see lol) 1st Ed WOTC holos and other great stuff in the remaining cards. So, look for an update when I get those back in fifteen years!

42 Likes

Nice returns! I like your taste in cards haha, keep us posted for the rest of your sub!

See ya in 15 years!

5 Likes

Wow! Congrats on the Espeon! I had the same reaction when I did my first submission but I slowly identified the flaws that I missed with my lower grades. Very nice set of cards, especially the shadowless trio!

2 Likes

“This is nothing” yeah sure, get out (and congrats)

3 Likes

Congrats man!

1 Like

Awesome cards! If this is nothing then I’m like a negative 1,000 or something…lol

2 Likes

Awesome collection.

I think you are right and it is a bit of both lol. Guessing grades is extremely difficult to do until you have graded hundreds of cards yourself. It will come with experience so keep at it. But yes, I agree that it is somewhat subjective and a grade can be affected by the grader having a bad day or just being close to home time on a Friday lol.

Great start though and beautiful taste in cards

1 Like

Yeah nothing, just 10-20 g’s nbd :joy:

Nice return!

3 Likes

Hahaha @politoed666 it is not nothing. Gorgeous return, thanks for sharing with everyone. Lucky dog! A 9 on that Venus! Beautiful. I’m not even into the gold stars and I am happy as hell for you for that 9 on the Espeon. The Charizard must have a bend or slight damage somewhere since you say the surface looks the same as Blast. Centering is nowhere near bad enough for a 5. 7’s can look like that. Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats on your great grades! Love the Espeon!
Im guessing that the charizard might have the notorious binder indentation and the centering might have also affected the grade!

1 Like

One of my favorite mewtwo artworks, nice return. Looking forward to see the next portion of the return (whenever that may be :stuck_out_tongue:)

vr

odds

1 Like

Thank you all so much for the kind words! I will absolutely update the thread when the next batch comes, whenever that may be. :blush: Much appreciated, everyone.

Never realized how badly I need a gold star gary until this moment! Congrats on the great return—so many beautiful grail cards.

1 Like

Very nice! I love all of the Gold Stars! and wow a 9 on the Espeon… thats some serious stonks.

In my very limited PSA experience it does seem like they are more critical on base Charizards, or maybe they just take longer analyzing them (?).

Great return regardless, I love seeing people’s PSA submissions/returns, so thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Amazing cards to get graded for your first sub, congrats!

Also excited for the 15 year update!! Sounds like a big league entry to 1st time PSA grading!

1 Like

Amazing! Love the Espeon.

1 Like

psa returns cards?

3 Likes

I am aware that I really lucked out in this regard.

1 Like

1 Like