Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic Looks Amazing!

While the English holo is a bit of a bummer, I’m just happy to have a holo reprint of base set Computer Search. Playing with the most blinged out version being a non-holo 1st edition is cool and all, but I’m here for the glitter. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

didnt realize they used Evolutions Mewtwo :pensive:

6 Likes

Why :sob:

eng = trash confirmed

15 Likes

i really shouldn’t be shocked anymore that the japanese version of the same set looks so much better than the english version. really curious why english chose not to do the holo borders… is it $$$???

2 Likes

Yucks! The return of the vomit-inducing yellow border! :nauseated_face:

Seriously if Wotc ENG base had golden border like their JPN counterparts, I would collect them.

I agree @pokebuffet . Why no holo border?!

2 Likes

bc english pre-sv era (and non gen 3 ex or lv.x)

U wish pshhh

Mine showed up today and i’m impressed with the overall quality of the product.

Bought the Japanese version on ebay a few days ago and im eagerly awaiting the delivery. I dont mind paying more - I simply cant do the english version for the price when the Japanese version is as beautiful as it is

3 Likes

After opening one of these sets for the first time today, I have decided that the best looking card in this set is the base voltorb from the charizard deck :relieved:

3 Likes

This is the only holo i’ve gotten from the classic collection so far and it’s definitely my favorite. It’s nice to get some pittance from tcpi for us e reader lovers.

10 Likes

Did they makes this one in English?

I believe all the cards were released in the english version as well. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Are you also going to grab the English version?

Nope, I’m content with a japanese version. I just looked it up and the english version was done in the ex style card instead of the e reader style. Very odd.

5 Likes

Ooh I don’t like that. They should have kept the e-reader format. Maybe it’s a wotc thing they don’t want to go back

2 Likes

Just had some Classic cards come in and I gotta say these are some of my favorite out of the entire set. Something about the red and gold in Bill, the blue and yellow in the nurse, the neon glow in the Voltorb, and the simple gold border in the normal Pokemon look fantastic.

19 Likes

I’m glad you captured the voltorb. It’s really beautiful

2 Likes