POKEMON NISSUI 1&2 COMPLETE SETS (ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD?)

So some back story first, When traveling in japan last year i found about 30-45 nissui battle seal cards from series 1 in Tokyo, it was a really lucky find and i was stoked, i also had a friend who had been collecting some and he ended up selling me his collection which was another 30 cards and the very hard to find binder they originally came in with hard cover case, The sheets in side had had it so i customized my own replacement ones. Its taken me about a year to complete this set, and I’ve been searching every site ebay, Japanese sites, amazon, middle man services anything i could to try finish the set searching once in the morning and once at night, and I’m glad to say I’ve finally completed one of my main goals for the year.

I don’t know anyone else who has completed series 1 & 2 to date. I think it was so hard to complete because these are sticker cards that kids would have destroyed and put onto lunch boxes etc. these cards were released in 1995 in boxes of Japanese Nissui sausages!

It took me along time to even work out a list of the cards in each set, so I’ve documented below for you all the list and also pictures of the complete set and even a commercial from back in the day.
For me its been a great hunt and the hardest set I have ever completed, I absolutely love the pop art style of the cards.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the sets.
NISSUI JAPANESE COMMERCIAL

**NISSUI SET SERIES 1:**92 CARD SET:

**NISSUI SET SERIES 2:**47 CARD SET:

That’s all folks, Any questions about the nissui card feel free to get intouch :blush:

18 Likes

I just recently read about this set about a month ago, I love it!! I wasn’t going to collect the whole set but this is the stuff I love to see and read about. Awesome work and the cards look fantastic!

2 Likes

this is beautiful, congrats on completing it.

2 Likes

This is why i’m on E4. Awesome collection, congrats on completing it & thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Love this! I’m curious, How did you work out the set list?

Mjisaacs

1 Like

I wonder if the sausage was any good. The set looks great though.

2 Likes

Beautiful, I recognize almost all of the art. Great collection!

On a side note: Got any sealed product? :grin:

1 Like

Great work you’ve done! Congratulations!

I didnt know about this sets, and they are really nice! Thanks for sharing them with us!

1 Like

I don’t think the set is complete without the sausages that it originally came with :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Yes wish i could find the packaging they use to come in! the sausages not so much haha. @mjisaacs Worked out the set through a lot of research of other collector, Japanese sources and translations.
Ended up buying out a lot of other peoples sets too just to get a few of the cards i was needing to complete it so ended up with a lot of spares. The higher number ones in the series one are really hard to find and the series 2 is also hard to find. Thanks @daavee yes i collect sealed product too :blush:

1 Like

@cutters, I knew this was Owen’s just from the title alone! :blush:

Glad you finally got it done, I know you put in a ton of effort!

1 Like

@cutters, I was mainly referring to 20 years old japanese sausages :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @smpratte, yes love a bit of click bait in the titles lol :wink:
Yeah was a great goal and fun journey thanks for the kind words :blush:

@daavee, sorry the joke went completely over my head lol well played :blush:

1 Like