Picture request

For my Voltorb collection, I have each language separated by divider pages. I had an idea to have a picture, featuring Voltorb or Electrode, themed after each language that I have cards for. For example, my French cards could feature a picture of Voltorb as a tourist at the Eiffel Tower… or maybe not so cliche, but that’s the idea. The theme could be anything really, iconic scenery, events, people, or culture, anything that would make someone think of that particular language or country. If there are any artists out there who would be up to the task, please send me an email and we can discuss commission.

Here are the languages I currently need art for.

Italian
Portuguese - Portugal or Brazil
Dutch
Korean
Chinese
World Championship (maybe themed after a TCG tournament)

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help! If there are any questions, feel free to ask in the thread or though PM.

For Dutch, you could replace the bolls of the atomium with voltorbs :wink:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomium

1 Like

No, that’s from Belgium. Not the real thing :stuck_out_tongue: Flamish just isn’t the same as Dutch.
the Netherlands asks for art with windmills.

2 Likes

I’d love to help. Do you have to know how to draw;)

1 Like

What about voltorb in Ushanka, drinking vodka with bear playing with matryoshka around? And with Red Square on the background!

Preferably haha but any medium can be used, even a collage would be cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol that would be funny to see!

Thanks! I wanted to personalize my collection a bit more. So far, I have French being worked on by a friend and Japanese by a person from LiveJournal. They are both different mediums, which is what I’m aiming for.

Oh, cool. I spent 7 years in collage:)

7 Likes

That would be cool! What language were you thinking if you were to draw something?

best i can do (i could remove thew white dots with photoshop) i also could draw the backgrounds and the voltorb

also sorry for not choosing something from the list. this was just a quick sample

Thanks, but I am looking for artwork that has been drawn from scratch :stuck_out_tongue: Basically, something that will be displayed along with the rest of my collection XD

Okay, sounds great! If you decide on one, could you let me know so I can cross it off the list in case someone else wants to try a picture? Thanks :grin:

Hey I just wanted to let you know that the English picture has been drawn. If you were still interested, I’ve updated the list of what I still need. Thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, perfect! They person who is doing English was originally doing Russian, so that works out :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks!

This is an awesome idea. I once thought of doing something similar but in the sense of making a custom folder that featured a custom gyarados art on it (such as my profile picture).

But I love the idea of doing one for every language/region. You’ll have to update us as it goes!

Thanks! So far, English and Japanese are covered, both by colored pencils. French is done digitally by a friend and I’m not sure which medium Reina will use. I will post them when I get them here and in my collection thread :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d love to see something like that for Gyarados! Would you use it for your Gyarados collection or something else?

By the way, I love your profile picture. Did you do it yourself?

1 Like

Awesome! I look forward to it.

And nah, it’d be for my Gyarados collection. I’ve thought of putting up a giant poster of a custom one before, but have no idea what I’d even ask for with that.

And thanks! I sadly have little skills in illustration. How I got it is kind of a funny story. I got this done a few years ago by an artist I stumbled upon on tumblr, MonaRobot.

She guaranteed 100% satisfaction and draws Pokemon in a Mayan style.

She originally drew this for me:

And I shyly admitted that it wasn’t exactly what I was hoping for. Instead of saying, “Too bad, so sad.” She took it as a challenge and created this:

Since then, she’s made T-Shirts and such with the design. She’s an incredible artist. Check her out if you’d like a Mayan-esque Voltorb or Electrode.

Her tumblr is monarobot.tumblr.com/

1 Like

Special4U

3 Likes

Haha I love it!