Official 2019 NHL Playoffs Thread

Kadri suspended again, you think he’d learn

Wow Ovechkin destroyed Svechnikov.

3 Likes

Jesus that was quick, wonder what he did to piss Ovi off, he never drops the gloves I don’t even remember the last time he fought. There’s a better view at the end of this video

I don’t know what Svechnikov was thinking. Ovi has 50 pounds on him.

1 Like

It’s probably not over…

This is why I love Ovi, He can fight, Hit, and score 50 goals. Ovi even told the media he hoped Svechnikov was okay, class act.

1 Like

He was asking for it. Like geriatric Don Cherry said on Hockey Night in Canada yesterday… You mess with the bull, you get the horns

Svechnikov’s brother made an r/iamverybadass post.

Holy shit! Columbus activated God mode. Pierre Mcguire is about to burst a blood vessel! 2 goals in 4 minutes.

2 Likes

Get out the broomsticks!

Having lived and worked in Columbus, this is a pleasant surprise for me. I actually attended games their third year. In one game a girl got hit by the puck and died:( I still have that program and the next days newspaper.

mr. bettman I don’t feel so good

1 Like

I remember that, I lived in Columbus at the time (still do). Such a heartbreaking moment

1 Like

Yes, that was brutally sad. I had an antique/collectible store in Pickerington from 2001-2003.

3 Likes

Penguins sweep wasn’t so surprising, they looked disjointed and uninspired. But wow, Tampa is…Tampa. Sure no Stralman and Hedman played at 50% for 2 games, but no excuse there, Stammer and Kuch did their disappearing act again.

As for Vegas and Sharks, I guess Jones never bounced back. I know without Vlasic their actual D is much worse (EK65 and Burns aren’t the BEST in their own end) but Jones has been ECHL level. Props to Vegas and my boy Schmidt, but not much of a test this round if Jones keeps playing sub .850.

Stammer and Kuch didn’t disappear and Jones is the same Jones he’s been all year.
The difference!
VEGAS IS SHUTTING THEM DOWN:)

2 Likes

Jones had his worst season this year ever in the NHL, by a good bit. His playoff numbers on average are almost 10% higher than right now as well, so I would have assumed the D would have tightened up and his numbers would look a little better (hence why I said did not BOUNCE back). But lets be real here, Vegas “2nd” line is doing wonders, but playing a goalie who is literally cheese is inflating the score.

Losers, as well as prognosticators, always have excuses. The bottom line is, this is playoff hockey where you have to step up and the intangibles are coming into play. Vegas’s second line are simply stepping up the way you have to do at this time of year.

As a non-Vegas fan, I have to say…they’re also providing a great show. It’s always exciting hockey when they’re playing.