Nish's Collection - Look at my balls!

Hi everyone, first post here :blush: I’ve dabbled in Pokemon for nearly 20 years now (since I was a wee little kid) on and off and finally decided to dedicate myself to complete a collection, so what did I decide? Well I want to collect every Japanese Mew. I’m not really interested in other languages right now unless a card is region locked, but I don’t think there are very many of those thankfully. I just started this collection 2-3 weeks ago but I think I’m off to a decent start. Let me know your thoughts and opinions :blush:

The Ancient Mew II’s are the JP release on the right and NA release on left. Ancient Mew I is the error version, hopefully I can pick up a corrected soon!

33 Likes

What series does that non TCG mew come from?

Mjisaacs

It’s from the Nissui promo set, I think there was another collection post on here from a member who had every card

5 Likes

Very a-mew-sing collection! Those are some minty looking cards for sure.

2 Likes

When I get enough cards, I might send the really nice looking ones off to PSA :blush:

Got a pretty nice condition WHF 1997 in today. I have a few other cards on their way to me currently too. Super excited :blush:

3 Likes

Little update while I wait, I have well over a dozen more Mew cards on their way to me from all over the world right now :blush: being patient is hardddd

_____'s Mew from the PLAY promo set

_____'s Mew

MYTHICAL & LEGENDARY DREAM SHRINE Mew

And a 2005 McDonald’s promo

3 Likes

@lof102 @skinst Competition has arrived. :wink:

Nice collection @nish ! Mew has so many great artworks (and is pretty cute as well), so it’s no wonder it’s such a popular Pokémon to collect. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

It’s all about taste! And @nish, welcome to the club!

Welcome to the Mew hunting club! Very nice cards so far ^^

1 Like

First round of cards came in and I couldn’t be more happy. These are my first PSA cards and wow they’re gorgeous. I apologize if some of these images look washed, my phone is literally from 2014 and has a cracked camera. My friend agreed that once I finish my collection he’ll take professional photos of them all so look forward to that eventually :blush:
If you want to see the slightly higher quality versions of these follow my instagram for this @ nish_does_things

Rota’s Mew

Southern Islands pack

Next two cards are self explanatory with their cases :blush:

7 Likes

Update timeeeee. Always got more cards in transit from somewhere in the world, but I’m getting close to having one of each artwork which is my end goal :blush: my apologies on how dark the second card is, I tried several times to get a brighter picture, but this solid reverse holo is dang tricky

8 Likes

Huh, the rumble Mew is quite rare these days! Great job aquiring it ^^ Best of luck with the rest :blush:

1 Like

That rumble mew was a very lucky find, not gonna lie. Might be the rarest card I have? Either way, I love it and the seller included a little origami crane with it haha

3 Likes

Nice catch! Took me about 2 years to get a descent Japanese Rumble Mew… A PSA8, which I released from it’s cage :blush:

Ok somewhat big update!

Got a couple EX Mews

(the green in this bg actually looks super super cool)

one boy who ZOOMS across the ocean

One sparkly full art boy

Finally picked up an Ancient Mew I Corrected to finish out my Ancient Mew collection until they release this new 5th edition :blush:

And MOST IMPORTANTLY after a month and a half of waiting, the second delta twin. I ordered the fire delta (a 2006 Japanese Battle Road Tournament prize card) on April 4th. After a month, I sent the guy a message asking where it was, and he acted surprised that it hadn’t shown up and said that he would send a second one out with tracking this time. I was immediately super skeptical because these cards are rare and usually ~$120-150+ each. I honestly expected the tracking to never update and me to never get the card. Two weeks pass and it finally comes in the mail and I couldn’t be happier

Only a few cards left and then my Mew artwork collection will be complete! (for now) I have a 2001 Corocoro Mew coming that should be arriving Saturday and the last Japanese full art should arrive next week or the first week of June. Then all I have left is the PLAY promo 7 Mew, and the Battle Festa Mew to find and buy and that’ll be it until this next expansion

8 Likes

To be honest, I can’t remember if I got any more Mews after that last Delta post so I’m just gonna say I didn’t

but

I started something new. The best fish
. Why? I dunno. It’s nice to have a smaller cheap collection that a lot of people overlook :blush: and I like relicanth, and I think it’s kinda cool how most of the cards have a holo and non-holo variant

6 Likes

I cannot tell you how much I love this new part of your collection. That promo of Relicanth though! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Lil fish boi is finally getting the love he deserves :blush:

1 Like

@nish , very Nice Mew collection! I love the rumble! I can remember how hard it was for to get the Japanese Rumble Pikachu. Good luck on the rest of your collection!