New forum members seeking out free "investment" advice

This. It’s quite the chore when you just read the “New topics” page and it’s just full of “Found this in my basement, PSA?!!”. It drowns out all of the great content.

I don’t think this is the mirror of the elite thread because this isn’t specifically about someone new and being awful to them, it’s about someone littering the forum who has zero interest in the hobby and has purely joined to make a quick buck.

3 Likes

I would lose so much safety net money but I would gain 100000 times more for my collection that I love!! Never collect beyond your means and you will never be afraid of losing value and keeping your collection. :wink: oh the sweet SWEET cards I would collect!

Pro tip for the new investors here. Buy high, sell low. I can provide the inventory for you.

6 Likes

I think he’s referring to vintage which generally doesn’t get affected too much if modern product gets over or under printed. As far as modern goes, there is a balance. I don’t want to see the same set 4 years after its release, regardless of the set. But pokemon needs to prit enough to meet demand so we don’t have this scalping problem. Its fairly reasonable to want pokemon to find and strive for a balance.

1 Like