nevyn's collection

Hello!

I’ve been thinking of creating a collection thread for a while now and have finally decided that today is the day. The sunlight was very favorable for taking photos this morning, so I figured “Why not!” :blush:

I started collecting pokemon cards when I was around six years old, during the WOTC era, but eventually lost interest for many years. I threw away most of my old cards (I actually threw them in “paper/cardboard recycling” lol) but luckily I kept the holos. Back in 2009 I felt nostalgic and bought some old cards again but it was not until 2015-2016 I started collecting for real. I mostly collect cards from WOTC and hope to finish binder collections for many of the WOTC sets, but I also really like PSA graded cards of my favorites. I also have a big goal which is to finish a 1st edition base set collection (PSA 7-10).

I hope you’ll enjoy the thread!

First up are two cards that mean very much to me. They are remnants of my old collection and I’m very happy to see them in PSA cases. The 9 for the Gyarados was a pleasant surprise, especially since it’s a 4th print version.

I love the artwork for these CD promos.

Some other favorites of mine.

Dark Charizard is so awesome

Very pleased with this Venusaur. Bought it raw, sent it for grading and it came back a 5. Nothing special per se, but it was nice to grade a 1st ed holo.

Then we have these two badboys. Bought a bunch of 1st ed base set commons back in 2016 and recently sent them to PSA. These came back with 10s, which I did not expect at all!

I’ll end this first post with a new card I really like. The sunlight and some angle makes it look so cool!

12 Likes

Aloha and welcome to E4 :blush:! Nice collection and keep them coming. I have started to steer away from binders and started to get most my stuff graded. I like presentation,do you have any binders started? Btw love the dark Zard, from one of my favorite sets, hence my name!

1 Like

Thanks! :blush:
Yes, I’ve started with binder collections of Base set, Fossil, Jungle, Team Rocket, Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge. Haven’t finished any of them yet, but pretty close for all of them. I’m missing around 10-20 cards/set, mostly holos. Will post photos of the binders in the future, but I think I’want to complete each set first before I post it :blush:

Team rocket is a great set! I didn’t like it at all when I was young, but now I think it’s awesome! So many beautiful cards

Nice collection of PSA-graded cards! :blush: I especially like the Darkrai as for artworks. You’re indeed right that the lightning really makes the Holofoil pop. Looks great.

I also really like the ©1999-2000 Gyarados and Grey Stamp Onix. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Hi! Yeah, I’m glad I found this forum because otherwise I wouldn’t even know about the 1999-2000 versions. :blush:

And I agree, the grey stamp on the Onix is a nice touch

1 Like

Wow what a day! Bought a Hidden Fates ETB last week on a whim to see what the fuss was all about, and I must say I really like this set. Even the packs look amazing and the artwork on the cards as well. Anyway, today finally had time to open the box and it happened… I pulled my first ever Charizard! Actually, I pulled two… from the same pack! And it wasn’t just any Charizard

I can’t believe how lucky I am

All the exciting pulls!

8 Likes

Wow man, if you really pulled that stuff in the same pack I Really envy you :grin: congratulations.
That’s what I love pokemon for. you just buy a pack/ Box because you felt like it and get rewarded with amazing pulls :grin:

1 Like

Thanks man! The two Charizards were in the same pack. I saw the shiny first and the regular one was just behind it. It was sooo much more than I hoped for :blush:

The other stuff was in the other nine packs. Very happy with those pulls as well. Pokemon is amazing

1 Like

hell yeah well done.

Congratulations on that pull. Amazing!
Also, I love that shiny Voltorb.

‘Hell yeah!’ was exactly what I felt for the rest of the afternoon yesterday (after the first two seconds of sheer disbelief) :blush:

Thanks! I agree, the Voltorb is stunning. I usually find Voltorb cards pretty uninteresting, but this time they did well. I guess it was Voltorb’s time to shine :wink:

1 Like