Need Help with Unnumbered Energy Card (2013)

Can someone tell me when the first Psychic Energy unnumbered 2013 copyright was released?

Was it by chance in the theme decks released in 2013 (Plasma Shadow, Psy Crusher, Mind Wipe)? I’ve been watching openings of those theme decks but can’t get a good look at the copyright on the energy cards (could be 2011 vs 2013).

The theme decks in 2012 also have unnumbered energy’s that look identical - but again can’t see the copyright dates on opening videos.

I know the holo (sheen) version of the unnumbered psychic energy was released in the Battle Arena Deck: Mewtwo vs. Darkrai in 2015. There was a non holo version included as well, but the card was certainly released before then.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 Likes

From those three Theme Decks you’ve mentioned:

• Plasma Shadow: I’ve also been unable to find any decent theme deck opening for it, nor the other Plasma Storm Theme Deck: Plasma Claw. There are a surprising amount of opening videos for these theme decks (20+ each), but 3/4 of them are 480p or lower quality, and the ones that are 720p or higher simply skip over the Energy cards or don’t show the full card including copyright dates… The only video that comes somewhat close is this one; timestamped at the time where the copyright of the Psychic Energy is on screen. Slowing the video and pausing at the right time is unfortunately still not clear enough to see the difference between a 3 and 1 at the end, but I think it’s ©2011.
  • Psy Crusher: For this one I had a bit more luck, and I can say it has ©2011 copyright dates based on this video. I’ve timestamped it at a Psychic Energy again, although it’s still not too easy to see at that point. But for some of the Grass Energy she shows later on in the video it’s clearly they’re all ©2011, and since I don’t know of any theme deck where one Energy type has a different copyright date than the other, it’s safe to say the Psy Crusher theme deck contains ©2011 Grass & Psychic Energy cards.
  • Mind Wipe: I found an opening video which is 720p and has the copyright dates in full view for an extended period of time near the end of the video, but unfortunately despite the 720p it’s still very hard to see…:confused: I think it’s ©2013, but I’m not entirely sure…

TL;DR: the Freeze Theme decks have ©2011 copyright dates for sure. And I think the Plasma Storm theme decks have ©2011 as well, and Plasma Blast theme decks have ©2013.

Hope that at least helps a bit. It’s so frustrating there are loads of theme deck opening videos for these, but none of them show the Energy copyright dates and barely any show the entire cards at all.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

At tournaments/worlds we also got “bricks” with energycards during that period. Unnumbered.

1 Like

Ooops @quuador, I butchered that quote.

1 Like

And np. It’s frustrating there aren’t any good videos out there, but I agree with you that since we now know the Plasma Freeze theme decks are 2011, it would be weird if the preceding set Plasma Storm wasn’t 2011 as well.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like