Name some of your favorite collection threads

Hey yalls,
I thought it would be cool to highlight some of our favorite collection threads here on E4. One thread I keep going back to is @macroplays Tropical Collection Thread - Macro's Tropical Pokemon Collection..

I really love the way it’s put together, with a theme around Australia’s native flora and fauna. Not to mention, the Pokemon choices for the collection are fantastic. Not sure if macroplays is still an active participant here on E4, but if so, know that your collection thread is fantastic!

9 Likes

There is no singular favorite–this is just like Pokemon itself, so many favorites, so many favorite artists, and cards. Funnily enough, I see each collection thread and its author as an artist, so it is very comparable =D

Time to unload my baggage.

Naturally, the first that always usually to mind is muk’s fine and exquisite assortment. It’s so funny that one of your favorites is centered around flora/fauna. muk not only happens to love plant pokemon, but he features fabulous photos of gorgeous plants, the perfect garnish for such a gorgeous collection, and a magnificent flair for sharing, storytelling, and displaying. And his collection ain’t half bad, neither! (seriously it blows me away, like, my god).

Next, we have pulpyfan’s collection thread. My man pulp. He’s a hero as far as I’m concerned. Yep. He single handedly threw me over the edge and convinced me modern is worth looking into, after others mentioned here in this little montage got me started and curious. Mhm, his collection is that good. The atmosphere of his thread, his organization, presentation, is immaculate. I almost literally drool when I see additions.

I also just love martin’s collection thread. I can’t think of many else who so similarly echo my exact interest in the kinds of cards. I know something similar can be said of a few I mention here, but in a large part, many, differently so, have very varying ranges of collections and way they share. Not Martin. No, he seems to be me, kind of. And I like it. Also, fidi fido is worth the stop 10 times over.

dizzyloch’s stadium collection thread is unique and delightful. It’s collections like this, so niche, so perfectly out there and appreciable, that makes you really realize just how fulfilling it is to look at collections so different than yours, so illustriously curated and specific. I get very excited to see his updates.

My dude AzulRyu. Oh man just check out that grand gyarados collection. Such a banger. So much history there, such love for Gyarados. It’s full of heart, full of passion, full of excitement for life. It’s invigorating.

And well, peeps need to check out my boy’s collection thread. Yes, you are in my top favorite. We share in nearly half of our favorite species, we are friends, and you have amazing taste. What more can I ask for and find more enjoyment in seeing it updated? Nothing, that’s the answer. Girafarig is so far out.

Shoot, then there’s maxymaxy’s (THE imakuni’s one and only auntie, in the flesh) bizarre binder . Le artiste. Joy. Joy is what I experience when I see additions made to this. Artist comrades, ride til we die.

Last but certainly not least is Taizokai’s splendid and rich collection thread. Another kindred spirit, another pillar of character. The subtleties, the references, the satisfaction. ¡Me maravillo con el brillo! Mon ami!

Did I go overboard? I like collections.

13 Likes

Dang @brendantheclayboy, bringing the fire! I agree that every single one of the collection threads you mentioned is top tier. It’s an honor that my humble collection would rank so highly in a list of truly extraordinary collections from amazing collectors! Thanks homeboy, greatly appreciated.

1 Like

@brendantheclayboy

You are too kind. I’m so glad to see you posting again. You are the ultimate hype man.

Your enthusiasm is electric. It’s an unrivaled puppy-like excitement that can only be described as love.

Here’s Brendan’s love incarnate:
brendantheclayboy’s Collection

And I’ll just drop this link here. Needs no introduction and their user name speaks for itself.

ShyGuy’s Collection

4 Likes

I look forward to @brendantheclayboy restoring his collection thread to it’s proper state. I’ll be adding colored font soon (next time I run a site update). If you need help with formatting or more tools just let me know

As for me, I think this thread is fantastic SeasidePokemon's Collection Thread

10 Likes

@jac2357 owning every single 2000 fossil card on the entire planet is pretty awesome.

5 Likes

Brendan, I am honoured to be on your list of favourite collections threads! You know I absolutely love your collection too! Every post of yours is a masterpiece. But without any surprise, my favourite one is from Nov '21 featuring “The boy” :black_cat: :blush:

And as others have said, it warms my heart to know that you are here again. This site will be so much better with you. And can’t wait to see what your next collecting goal is!

As for my other favourite collections threads, muk’s is absolutely up there in the top 3. Awesome curating, amazing art and lovely seeing your passion for flowers! :potted_plant:

And pulpyfan’s binders are a collector’s dream. They sparkle joy all over the place. So much creativity in organising. Inspiration for sure!

5 Likes

Thank you, @pfm !

Allow me to return the shoutout by saying PFM’s Collection Thread is what my collection aspires to be. It was the main source of inspiration and reference for the layout of my thread. The set logos, the scans, the table of contents, overall organization, etc. Just a wonderful thread and one I have visited many many times.

3 Likes

@pulpyfan’s collection is already linked, but I like the way he organizes his binders. :slight_smile:

Another great collection thread is @fourthstartcg’s Japanese PSA-10 ex and EX collections (among other things).

Although he’s more active on IG than Efour, @rockabelltcg’s PSA-10 Jolteon collection is amazing as well.

And speaking of graded Eeveelutions, @lamplamp’s completed English PSA-9 Flareon collection is another great one.

And there are a lot of other amazing collection threads out there, so I might add some more later on perhaps. We also have this compilation thread of all collection threads on Efour, made by @brendantheclayboy.

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

Y’know? I can’t believe I didn’t mention a few in particular, like lamplamp’s awesome collection, and fourthstar’s, but jesus. What is wrong with me? All of which I always had bookmarked.

Objectively one of the greatest of all, one so monumental, I did not see it on my horizon, as it towered over me like a skyscraper, so near yet so far, is the great Kevin Quuador’s Exceptional, gargantuan, magnum opus of a collection thread.

Sorry for not mentioning it my dude! It is a fine, fine read! People, check that stuff out.

Thank you for bringing the color text back, pfm, I am super super anxious to get that in hand and do my thing =)

5 Likes

Thanks for the compliment, Brendan! :smile:

Speaking of a love and history of Gyarados, @shizzlemetimbersGyarados collection thread is among the best as well!

And also, speaking of a single-Pokémon collection which includes a SNAP card, we can’t forget @qwachansey’s ‘Weedle’ :upside_down_face: collection.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

@quuador @brendantheclayboy thanks for the kind words. I’m glad my collection thread brings enjoyment to you both. I am inspired to revisit and revamp things now that my Flareon collection is complete. Once that’s updated I’ll give you both a tag, most likely in January. Cheers!

4 Likes