My Graded Coins Thread

Hello y’all So as many might now know coins the little token intended to be flipped for heads or tails can now be graded by PSA here are some of the very first of of their kinds i hope for others to also aid in increasing these as more is always better!

Cheers Timerunner

And without further ado
My coins

My PSA 10 Thunderstorm Gift Box Metal Pikachu Coin

My PSA 10 Neo era, Legendary Collection and Expedition Metal Lugia coin

My PSA 10 Plastic Japanese starter deck Chansey Coin

My PSA 9 Plastic Team Aqua Coin from the Double Crisis Set

My PSA 9 Plastic Team Magma Coin from the Double Crisis Set

My PSA 9 Plastic Japanese Yamabuki City Gym Alakazam Coin

22 Likes

Pretty cool! Didn’t know they graded these

1 Like

Are any of these coins metal? I’ve always been curious if they were just made in plastic.

1 Like

The Pika and Ray are metal. There are a few more metal coins however most of them are plastic.
Very nice to let them grade.

Which service do you need to use for grading them? I have a lot of them in a binder now. This looks so much better.

2 Likes

Honestly, this is the type of collection I like to see in cases. The PSA label always looks so “toyish” to me, but with the coins, it fits perfectly. I like how you get these little cards for cases too.

This is a PSA collection I can appreciate.

@reinasierpe, now you can do something with all of those coins!

3 Likes

The more i see these graded coins, the more i like em. Never really had them but they really look awesome in the PSA cases :blush:

3 Likes

My national psa guy is gonna have a coin sendoff this next month so i hope to increase the number of graded ones about twice a year till ive got all of mine graded.

Yes the 2 first one above are there exist 5 in metal i know of 3 from the wotc era and 2 modern ones.

1 Like

Psa has one for this (or rather their coin service whose name escapes me atm)

funny thing, i just started collecting silver and gold coins. and this comes out…might have to check this out from PSA…
However, I’d be interested to see how grading coins work as this develops, since big name numismatic grading companies do grading way different than PSA’s grading scale…

1 Like

Actually i do believe in this case that psa follows the same standard or rather their coin grading sister company just that they translate said grades into the same they use for cards out of simplicity.

Ive also collected coins myself so to say.

My coming coin sendoff

This treecko is the mintiest of the lot (it and the eevee never having been used or damaged) Coin is from an themedeck.

As mentioned above this Eevee is minty its from the either Tempest or Thunderstorm Giftbox set sadly dont remember myself.

Mildly Bruised Zeroark coin in red plastic. Dont remember its origin either sadly.

Played Orange plastic Deoxys coin i think this was a euro region exclusive from our version of a bw era box where instead of figurines we got this but i am unsure.

Floor bruised Team Plasma coin from a themedeck in the bw block. Dont remember the specific one.

1 Like

Have you seen my coin checklist before? Havent updated it in a while because I ceased collecting them but it could be a good resource for you…

2 Likes

I have not seen the checklist.

That said thanks for the poke.

Bulbapedia has the most comprehensive list I’ve found. Dates, how the coin was distributed and pictures…just scroll down on this link:

m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Coin_(TCG)

3 Likes

While that is a great resource which was used to populate my checklist, there were multiple sources as well my own crossings to create the list I have made. Check it out if you already have not :wink:

1 Like

Im still waiting for the coins i showed i ended up sending more then i showed so it will be a treat whenever these returns…

How harsh are they for damage on coins?

1 Like

I have no idea yet since all coins ive sent have been those i cared for so their conditions have been high. But they look at them as they whould coins if thats of any help

Think identically to how PCCG does it even.

If you’ve read the post i sent about my current sendoff the silvery orange deoxys there should land around psa 5 if im guestimating right