Mrtzny's collection (major goal accomplished Feb 2024)

Hey everyone, mrtzny here. I originally began playing the video game with R/S/E when they first came out, and got into VGC competitively from 2012-2016. I started this card collection in December 2017, and have been a steady collector ever since. I have graded all these myself save for the dark dragonite, I hope you enjoy!

These are most of my favorite graded cards, I have some odds and ends that I don’t care for. Still deciding what to do with those, now onto the non-tcg collection!

Some inexpensive magazine pages :slight_smile:

Some more awesome files

A mostly complete neo era n/m binder. I bought all of these for $200 in Jan. 2018, and man these hit good… here’s the highlights!

Some CIB boxes, the JP version is plenty fine for my collection. I am interested in buying a sealed english NYC GBA, as a New Yorker that item hits hard for me.

Lastly, some cards I hope to upgrade soon. My collection goals are small this year as I enjoy having a more concise collection with not too much excess, thanks for checking it out! :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Rocket’s gang strikes back was an absolute heater set. I actually just traded off a PSA 9 entei ex jpn unl. I miss it but furthering the collection, sadly. Can’t keep every single card.

totally was, even the c/uc are great. Besides the full arts, you could easily insert TRR into a modern day set. Youre right though, can’t keep every card and oddly there’s some satisfaction with that.

Beautiful collection man, you know i like dem mences but so much other fire too :fire: grats and keep it up

2 Likes

This is a great collection. I love the variety! Do you have a big chase card/goal in mind?

1 Like

Thanks! Mainly upgrading the cards in the last 2 pictures to 10’s along with the rest of TRR ex 10s and DF ex 10s for now. I really enjoy the bw/xy full arts too, so maybe add those in there

Very nice! Enjoy the journey and keep at it! DF is my favorite set ever and collecting it was certainly a ride.

1 Like

Amazing collection, but here I am mostly jealous of the Look Upon The Stars playmat, haha. :sweat_smile:

Love the magazine pages and other non-TCG items. :slight_smile:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Thanks! I actually forgot the name of the mat haha, its usually just in a big top loader. The A4 files are such a great dollar for art bargain with some framing potential.

1 Like

Really really nice collection! Simple as they are, I love those postcards - artwork on those is wonderful.

1 Like

Yo this shit fire wtf

On a serious note, your collection is amazing and has a wonderful story.

1 Like

Awesome collection @mrtz . Really enjoyed the cards and well as the non-tcg stuff. Those are some really sweet looking files. Looking forward for more updates. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Cheers!

1 Like

@camrok37, @amwolf, @mrbubbles, thanks everyone! The files and post cards are a category i enjoy, some of them are copies of 1/200(?) original arts too. Its a modest collection otherwise, i have a feeling ill upgrade the deoxys and rayquaza this year

2 Likes

3 additions im stoked about. I sold my play mew ex and put those funds to the promos on the left, and traded with @fourthstartcg for the dragon blade card!

12 Likes

Wow amazing!! Great cards, really beautiful. Congratulations on getting them in your collection.

Cheers!

1 Like

:exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers:

:exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers::exdragonfrontiers:
So so grateful to be able to complete this major collection goal. With this accomplished im pivoting to a significantly reduced social media presence, ill still be here but no longer on discord or IG for a while.

Massive thank you to @caughtatpoint, @fourthstartcg, and @sherotcg in helping me complete this set and listen to my jp df rants on discord :slight_smile: :exdragonfrontiers:

Small story I think I should include: I graded the salamence ex first, roughly 2.5 years ago. At the time, it was nothing more than a cool card that was pretty clean… so why not grade it? It got a 10… Cool I guess right? I vividly remember posting the return in discord and @fourthstartcg flipping out a little - thanks to that reaction, I learned how special these cards were! To top it all off, I graded the last piece as a 1st edition - population: 5.
Graded: 5
Bought: 2
Traded: 1

19 Likes

Whoa, incredible stuff! Congrats on completing this goal, glad to see another person with the full Dragon Frontiers ex set in 10! Happy I could help out!

3 Likes

Very, very grateful for your help! The flygon is being cherished :heart:

Amazing! The best ex set without a doubt for me

1 Like

Easily! Thanks for help with these, especially the altaria :slight_smile:

1 Like