New Chinese Charizard 038/SV-P promo released

https://twitter.com/PokeGuardian/status/1659105255609581569?t=6yJ5byzP3FLAZkcuY6-Zwg&s=19

Thailand will be awarding only 50 copies of this card.

edit: i forgot about the artists collaboration cards which include a charizard cameo, although i’m not certain if these were actually printed.

second edit: i’m not sure how many creatures decks were released, although if I had to guess, it would be more than 50.

8 Likes

I wish they had more guts and released a VMAX Lance’s Charizard Alt Art.

1 Like

I think the Celebrity cards actually got printed.

7 Likes

From everything i have seen on these, they were only given to the artist themselves. So 1/1 probably, and I doubt they would let them go basically ever. Would PSA even grade it?

2 Likes

100% Agree. I bet at least one will surface eventually, but if PSA will grade them has to be seen. CGC probably would.

For how much will they be willing to give it up? Their estimate net worths are $30 mil (J Balvin - singer), $330 mil (Katy Perry - singer) and $45 mil (Post Malone - singer)

1 Like

There are plenty of ways how this could happen. Maybe it’s not a 1/1, maybe they gift it to someone, maybe one of them goes broke, maybe they auction it off for charity, maybe a friend approaches them to sell it. There are plenty of possibilities. Unfortunately, only a few of them are somewhat likely to happen.

1 Like

The guy with the lowest networth estimate has the charizard. So the most likley to sell ( in theory) had the most desired card of the 3.

TCA Gaming waits patiently for J Balvin’s career to implode so he can snatch up that Charizard.

4 Likes

Is that charizard considered part of the master set? I’d feel so bad for TCA if he can never complete his goal because of a 1 of 1 card gifted to a millionaire who’s probably lost it in a random drawer in his office by now :sob:

1 Like

That’s a tall order for the Prince of Reggaeton’s illustrious career

1 Like

I highly doubt they would add it to the Mast Set. Regardless, it needs to have already been graded to have a slot added to the registry.

Technically it’s not a Charizard card, just a card where Charizard is present in the artwork

2 Likes

Ben Baller owns it?!

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean.

Exactly. An often overlooked aspect of these cards are they are not of the Pokemon but the celebrity.

However, the “V” status is only reserved for Pokemon and not trainers, which implies that each celebrity is in fact a Pokemon. It also suggests the existence of a “Vmax” form for each Poke-Celeb. I can see “Katy Perry Vmax” being particular popular with a certain…subset of waifu collectors.

1 Like

Imo I think pikachu is the most desired one

1 Like

Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) joins the group

6 Likes

Hi everyone!

I heard there was a new Charizard promo released as some kind of tournament promo in chinese language. Does anyone have more information about this card such as the amount of cards distributed? The Thai version of this card is said to be limited to 50 copies, how about the Chinese one?

The Bulbapedia article doesnt have specific information about the distribution number:

I appreciate anyone who can share some kmowledge with us! Have a nice rest of your week guys.

1 Like

Do you have any further information about the traditional chinese release? While the Thai version is said to be limited to 50 copies, how about the traditional chinese version?