Lost Package?

Had a package take a strange journey in April so filed a report with the usps on April 25th. It was delivered in AU on May 1st so no problem.
Now today I received the below apology letter that after an intensive 2 month investigation the package couldn’t be found.
Extensive Investigation?? A simple tracking check would have discovered it was long ago “delivered”.
The moral of the story? Don’t trust the USPS that they will do what they say.

2 Likes

Yeah, USPS has some of the worst customer service I’ve ever come across. It looks like they sent you a generic letter. It’s so hard to simply talk to someone who can help you out. These big companies/corporations/agencies are so compartmentalized that nobody really knows what’s going on.
If you take a look at all the yelp or google review pages for the local offices over here, all of them have horrendous feedback with numerous complaints about how they NEVER answer the phones. Some people stay on the line for 30+ minutes letting it ring, never to be answered.
I must say though, the men and women who deliver the mail with the trucks do a fantastic job.

3 Likes

100% This! They are clueless at a macro level. I know my mailmen pretty well, actually have one of their phone numbers. The drivers really know the in’s and out’s, but don’t have the power to get things moving along.

1 Like

Had a exactly similar situation as you Gary few months back when shipping to canada!

Honestly USPS customer service is by far the worst and they need to make a effort to improve it.
They like to raise our postal fees but they don’t like to raise the quality of service.

Last week I had a package sent back to sender because they couldn’t find my address, the sender resent the package with no changes at all and it showed up lol

I had kind of the opposite happen one time, sent a package and it got returned to me because of an apparently unknown address, I resent it with no changes and it just totally disappeared lol!

1 Like