Looking for a Super duper mint Unown K from Unseen Forces

March 29 Update: Name your price within reason! :joy: I just want the minty-est raw copy of Unown K from Unseen Forces.

It’s been a fun journey hunting down this minty Unown. There’s been a few occasions where I was so close but too late! I’ve met wonderful collectors along the way who liked my goal and offered to help but also got hit with dead ends. But the fact that they went out of their way for a stranger was so touching!! It’s just really special and that’s exactly what makes hunts like this fun and memorable.

Of course, I also came across many who decided since I’m looking for a card nobody really cared for since its release, suddenly a fat premium was to be added to their copy. Sure, fine, fair enough, I understand it’s a cut throat world but at least confirm that your copy is in the condition I’m after haha.

It’s funny, along the way I’ve inadvertently completed half the alphabet in mint condition by paying prices LOWER than $15 a piece. If only they were the letter K!! But I guess that’s how it goes! :laughing: But yeah surely it’s out there somewhere…

Original post:
My max will be maybe $25 USD. Hopefully I can get it cheaper because I’m located in Canada and conversions kick my butt. :sweat_smile:

Anyways if anyone has an Unown K holo from Unseen Forces and is willing to sell it, that’d be awesome! I want with no whitening, scratches, etc. Basically if I were to send it to PSA, It’d most likely get a 10. I’ve checked all the ebay listings and I didn’t like the imperfections I saw.

It’s for a fun project/idea I’d like to embark on. I’ve recently been spending time teaching someone about the world of Pokemon cards and it’s been a fun process. This year we started exploring the grading segment of the hobby. Some of my plans for this year are to introduce her the Unown alphabet and how fun it is to spell names. The reason I want such an immaculate K is because I’m hoping in December on her birthday or on Christmas, I can use this Unown K to act as a year end gift/reward/momento of the 2023 Poke-adventures and a reference to a common phrase she lives by. Oh and her name starts with K :smile:.

Anyways, I hope I find success here! Thanks!

5 Likes

$25 might make it tough to find a mint copy that would grade a 10, looks like in a 10 it’s close to $250.
Have you considered the non holo version from Neo or does it have to be holo?

3 Likes

The holo version has some nice flowers in the background! :smile:

I’ve checked 130point and the only psa 10 that sold went in an auction for about $112 USD and then other Unown have been in that range or even lower. So I don’t know if these fellas even have a proper “range” since I guess they haven’t been TOO sought after. So I mean I guess I’d pay a bit more to find the best copy.

It will be easier to buy one already graded. Convincing people to sell PSA 10 worthy raw cards is a tough sell unless you offer a big premium.

18 Likes

Updated my post! I’m still on the hunt!! If anyone knows where else I can maybe track one down that’d be great. I’ve tried ebay, mercari, instagram, Facebook, reddit, discord, carousell, marketplace, kijiji, and youtube. Surely I’m missing something! I know there’s so many sites that sell singles…perhaps one of them may have what I need? Wish there was an easier way than to rely on random google searches.

I really suggest buying graded and cracking. It’s what I do for my mint binder sets and will save you so much time looking.

5 Likes

Agreed with @qwachansey. Buying a graded card and cracking it out is your best bet for EX-Era gem mint ex, holo, and reverse holo cards. It is MUCH easier than searching until the end of time.

As an example, it was such a pain in the ass finding mint raw Aquapolis holos that I ended up purchasing the entire set already graded. And this was six years ago, I’m sure it’s harder today. Join me!

8 Likes

Glad to see them set free, they look great in the binder!

1 Like

Thank you definitely agree… Got these currently in the queue, will soon set free once I have the last shinies I need

3 Likes

Oh my goodness wow. That’s quite an impressive/jaw dropping method you have there haha. I don’t think Id have the heart to do that. I’d feel bad for the previous owner. All their hard work! I’m assuming of course they invested some care into it when they first sent the card. :joy: Gotta do what you gotta do though.

1 Like