List of All Japanese Pokemon Phone Cards

Hey thats artwork from the Keiko Fukiyama book! Super excited to see it on a card. I’ll have to keep my eye out.

1 Like

Do you have a recommendation for a mail forwarding or proxy service?

1 Like

I have quite a few more you don’t have on here yet and there are some others you are missing I don’t have yet.
I don’t have high quality scans of anything atm, but I plan to make a little video soon showing what I have so far. I could try to help from there get this list more filled out. =)

5 Likes

When sold, many of the cards came in paper envelopes with the card artwork printed in monochrome on the front, such as these two for the Pikachu the Movie 2000 - Pichu and Pikachu variants. (Photos are mine. Please kindly credit “Japanime” if posting elsewhere. Thanks.)

4 Likes

Here’s a better image of the 2001 Shiny Concert card (another one I missed for a very low amount (~$60) - I’m still offering $1k for one of these if anyone has one!):

2 Likes

Found this on eBay, listing was ended though:

Pokémon Center Tokyo phone card

edit: Here’s the listing (archived for preservation)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Awesome thread, I love buying weird and quirky phone cards! I got a few including this one:

Does it count?

10 Likes

Can anyone vouch for this or provide more information? If its legit maybe we can add it? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oof. Cyndaquil is on 4 of these… Well let the search commence.

3 Likes

Good luck, some of them are ridiculously hard to get

2 Likes

I found ebay thumbnails that suggest bgs has graded it before

2 Likes

Some really nice cards here that I haven’t seen before. Really nice.

3 Likes

It’s legit, I have not been able to track down exact origin on it though.
I have talked to a few of the heavy collectors in japan, and a few western collectors and I guess the assumption is a mail in lottery like most “rare” phone cards.

1 Like

Here’s a phone card not on the list yet: https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/items/3911039/1997-pokemon-phone-card-merry-xmas-tomy-pikachu-snorlax-bgs-95-gem-mint

Didn’t know these sell for so much :astonished:

2 Likes

I saw @A.P.Speeze post one in the Recently Purchased thread not on the list that looked super cool as well.

3 Likes

Thanks. I haven’t updated this in two years so there are probably a bunch that have popped up that I haven’t added. Feel free to link to any that aren’t in the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Credit to @A.P.Speeze as it’s their photo

5 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

These are awesome!! (Except the Clefairy and Pikachu from Red and Green 1996 creep me out :face_with_spiral_eyes:)

2 Likes