LewisInJapan's PSA graded collection.

I’m currently working on collecting all the holo cards from the Japanese base set up to Neo! Here’s the latest additions to my collection! Including and extra English promo which I had to have!

8 Likes

A very nice challenge there! :blush:

May I ask how far along you are in completing this? Are you going set by set or straight into any that appear?

The Arcanine collection so far. The HEARTGOLD Arcanine is my favourite card out of my whole collection. To my eye, nothing else comes close. Also, the vending promo is labelled as a “No rarity base set” for some reason… ?

4 Likes

Hey Adam,

I got back into collecting by accident, when I moved to Japan in 2015. I just kind of got swept back into it, and I quickly decided I wanted to collect graded cards. So not long after buying some old packs, I just graded what cards I pulled. Now, I’m more focused on completing the sets, and hunt for them a bit more. I just need a Hitmonchan to complete the Base holos (provided my Zapdos makes the grade). The other old backed holo sets are ticking along slowly! Once I’ve got all the base holos though, I am going to move on to the whole set!

1 Like

Some of my Zards! I graded the Base set and Gym 2 cards myself! I know it’s nothing like getting a 1st Edition English Charizard back… but… I don’t collect them! For me, this was the highlight of my collecting ‘career’ for lack of a better word. So now, I’m happy to have an outlet to share my experience!

6 Likes

Solid start to the collection here Lewis. Its very odd I will say they graded the cd promo Arcanine as ‘No Rarity’ instead of CD Promo when the whole CD promo set lacks the rarity symbol. Did you buy the card graded or submit it raw? For instance, the gym challenge Arcanine you have, if you were to buy the raw card from the gym deck and have it grade, its the same exact card but would grade as ‘Guren Town’ instead of Japanese Gym 2.

Thank you! Yeah, I’ve recently seen a lot on eBay of the gym deck versions. I didn’t grade that card myself, actually when I started grading at the end of 2015, they’d switched to the silver PSA hologram label. It doesn’t surprise me too much to be honest! My first bulk submission, I got back - what should have been a basic Raichu PSA 8 - as a “GEM MINT Squirtle” :joy: