Laya-mew-hamesh collection

Hi all! First collection post here. I’m collecting all Mews in all languages.

Here is one of my latest receptions, and a spicy one :blush:

31 Likes

Crazy rare find! What’s the market value of this card, in your estimation?

1 Like

A psa 9 sold yesterday for $6k on eBay

2 Likes

Around 4k€ for mine, with fees and all.

I’d be quite cautious with that eBay sale though, it’s been there for long, and the owner (mewnique, 3 sales) was asking 9k for it at some point. I asked them for a lower price and if they had multiple, and they answered they only had one.

Then the following happened:
* The owner started an auction at 1k, which sold for ~2-3k.
* The owner stayed at 3 sales.
* Later the owner started an auction at ~2.5k, which sold for roughly the same price.
* I guess that’s the same you’re talking about.

I thnk that’s a series of fake sales to create precedence, until the owner gets the 9k they were initially asking

[EDIT], sorry, misread your post. The one I’m describing here was not graded.

3 Likes

Awesome pickup @layalouhamesh! The Art Academy Mew is without a double the rarest Mew card out there. Not sure how far the progression of the rest of your collection is, but this is definitely a strong start. :blush: Good luck with your collection goals. @lof102 might be able to help you with a list perhaps, since he also collects Mew in all languages and variations.

Looking forward seeing some pictures of the rest of your collection, since I’m a big fan of single Pokémon collection (doing so myself with Seviper and Pikachu).

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been in contact with @lof102 through fb for some time already, he gave me a lot of unvaluable info! I’ll try to share everything soon, still working on cards presentation with custom cases.

Main part of my collection is misprinted mews! I love misprints in general, and have acquired some really cool stuff I wanna share :blush:

2 Likes

Hi all! I’ve started to scan my collection, so here are some nice cards, as promised. I hope you’ll enjoy!

6 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

Pictures not loading mate! Might be on my end but I can’t see the them

1 Like

Regarding this one, I think I should add “Misaligned sides” to the label

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’ve uploaded on my Dropbox and that may be why I’m seeing them correctly. Will upload to imgur or else

[EDIT] Should be ok now, thanks again for telling me!

1 Like

5 Likes

Well, that’s a classic, but I still needed it in my collection :grin:

1 Like

That’s it for today. There are still a few I want to share, but for now my wife needs the scanner!

Just one last thing I want to discuss here: here is the reason why I love misprints:

These 2 pics come from two distinct cards I own. The first shows a normal crimp. Both Ancient Mew and its insert have been crimped during sealing, which is kinda the default behavior of prints.

The second pic however shows an Ancient Mew, which has been crimped pretty strongly, BUT is sealed in the pack! The insert is not crimped. With such a mark, the sealing should not have worked properly, and that card should never have been found inside its plastic.

This therefore suggests that Ancient Mews were massively produced somewhere, then sealed once (only Ancient Mews in the pack) before being sent to other factories, where they were opened, and where the insert cards were added (since inserts are country-dependent while Ancient Mews are the same for international distribution). Another sealing then occurred.

If that theory is correct, then the first pic occurred during the 2nd sealing, while the second pic occurred in the initial sealing!

3 Likes

Those are some seriously cool error cards!

I really like the holders your cards are in, did you make those?

1 Like

Thanks! And one of the best ones is yet to come :grin:

Yup, I made those myself, with large toploaders, metalized cardboard, black thick paper and transparent adhesive film. Also using an automatic cutter for the shapes. It doesn’t show on the pics but the Mew and stars at the back are shining in silver on the actual cases :blush:

1 Like

They look great! I love the mew detailing on that back. :grin:

1 Like

Awesome to see some cool errors like these! I love the misaligned ancient mew

1 Like

Thanks! I’m picking up one more Ancient Mew later this month, you will probably enjoy that one too :grin: