KromaticLanturn's Collection - The Girafarig (Kirinriki) Post

Hey yalls!
Wow, it’s been a bit since I’ve made any updates. There hasn’t been anything spectacular in the pickup realm for me over these past few months, but I figured I would share some things that caught my eye.

Firstly, I HAVE to give a big shoutout to @brendantheclayboy on the recommendation of picking up Crystal Clear version for GBC!! This game has been absolutely awesome, and definitely more of a challenge than the original and beloved Crystal version. There are amazing twists in this game, and I LOVE the story arc with Mr. Fuji!! Here’s the team that got me across Kanto and Jhoto, and ultimately, helped me win the title of Champion against the Elite Four! Awesome fun!

Next up is a Southern Island Marill, encapsulated in some weird, custom case. So I have to be transparent here, but OF COURSE I bought this solely because of the amazing Pikablu label. I asked E4 if anyone knew anything about the grading company, and it turns out, it’s most likely just a custom case created by a random eBay seller. Thanks for the input everyone! E4 is so amazing for getting to the bottom of odd-ball cards and the like. Amazing community, I tell ya!
Here’s the post about this strange “Pikablu” case: www.elitefourum.com/t/japanese-grading-company-southern-island-pikablu/32733/1

Next are just a couple cards I actually picked up for less than $1.50 each! I love the art on these. That Galarian Slowbro is one of the coolest depictions I’ve seen of a Slowbro thus far.

Here are just a couple cards I picked up on a whim. The artwork of the Blastoise e-reader is stunning and really unique. Not too long ago, I was browsing Blastoise cards on Bulbapedia, and came across this guy. As soon as I saw it, I had to have one! Not only is the Charizard artwork amazing, but I thought it would be cool to pick up the Indonesian Upnormal Coffee promo. I’m a HUGE coffee person, and just the thought of a coffee shop releasing a Pokemon promo was really intriguing and cool.

On to my favorite recent pickup. Since I started getting back into Pokemon collecting, this Totodile Half Deck Marril has eluded me. Illustrated by none other than Nishida, this Marill is easily one of the most beautiful depictions of one of my absolute favorite Pokemon. Nishida is definitely one of the best artists in the hobby. Who else could make a Marill look like a beautiful, legendary Pokemon?!

Lastly, and sadly, there weren’t any Raichu cards in the picture for the past few months. I know, blasphemy! But don’t worry! I did happen to pick up this Battle Figure Raichu on clearance at a Game Stop for $5! I couldn’t pass him up when I saw him.
Anyways, thanks for looking everyone!

9 Likes