Krill's Binder and Sealed Collection (Update 2)

Krill’s Binder and Sealed Collection
I’ve been into Pokemon for as long as I can remember since my parents got into playing in 99 and gave me their collections when they moved on to MTG. I’ve been opening up packs since neo and e series which are the most nostalgic for me. I primarily collected and traded during ex series and a bit of the DP era. I grew out of the TCG around middle school but seeing shining legends in stores in 2018 and getting out my old binders from my closet got me back into collecting.

I’m slowly completing binder sets of all wotc and ex series sets, only getting first edition nm+ cards moving forward. I’ll pick up a few reverses here or there but am not trying and don’t want an entire reverse set for anything. Once my binders are complete, I’ll work on upgrading damaged unlimited cards first.
Binder Sets

Neo Genesis
Holos: 12/19
Total Cards: 89/111

Several of the holo cards are from my childhood so they’re a bit beat up unfortunately. Togetic and Bellossom were my favorites from my childhood but Pichu would definitely be my favorite now.

Neo Discovery
Holos: 9/17
Total: 49/75

A lot of great cards so its hard to choose a favorite. Umbreon and Espeon get amazing holo and non holos and I love the smeargle art, but gotta shoutout Magnemite for getting a holo card with some of the coolest looking old school cg art ever. I really like that this set has a lot of holo cards of pokemon that don’t really get attention or other holos like Yanma, Unown and Magnemite. Also the cutest mareep card of all time!

Neo Revelation:
Holos: 8/16
Total: 33/67

This set definitely takes the cake for best art out of all the neo sets by far. The 3 dogs, that ho-oh and the shinings are sooooo good. Unfortunately missing my 2 favorite arts from the set, gyarados and entei. Overall an amazing set that is tied with destiny for my favorite neo set.

Neo Destiny
Holos: 11/24
Total: 41/113

My signal favorite concept in the tcg in my childhood was light pokemon. They were never technically done again (trr kinda did but were didn’t include light in the pokemons name for some reason…) and even though I didn’t have any of the holos, even the uncommon light pokemon like light machoke were some of my favorite cards in my collection. And then of course the amazing looking shinings speak for themselves really.

**Sealed Collection

16 Likes

Added Neo Genesis and Discovery! :grin:

2 Likes

I love seeing new collections on here! Thanks for sharing. That Kizuki hitmontop is one of my favorites—was actually my second slabbed purchase. Still waiting for the beautiful Nishida espeon. Its a few cards back on my priority list.

• What is your plan for the filling out the binders? All first edition? 1st expect the ones you had from childhood? Is there a certain quality standard you stick to when purchasing for the binders?

• Is there a particular card you’re hunting for next or just watching for deals on all the holes?

• What is that misty box?

• That flareon jungle blister is the pinnacle of sealed product!

😍
2 Likes

Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed! The hitmontop really does make a great holographic card. For finishing binders, I only purchase 1st edition holos in psa 8 quality or better now. When I started collecting I was buying unlimited in generally LP condition. As for my childhood cards, its a mix between 1st edition and unlimited. 5 first ed holos and 2 unlim for genesis and 1 unlim holo for discovery.

I was buying up e series holos this past few months with a couple of neo 1st ed holos but stopped recently for christmas and to start saving up for crystal charizard.

The misty box is trainer battle deck pokemon center exclusive in japan released in Jan 2019. It’s based off of the original japanese misty’s theme deck and there is a brock one as well. I definitely gotta pick up the brock one as well eventually. And I think the jungle blister is my favorite part of my sealed collection. Too bad I didn’t pick up the fossil one before they shot up to like 400 bucks :face_with_spiral_eyes:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trainer_Battle_Decks_(TCG)

@krill the Magnemite neo holo is godly. Love it so much. One of the most unique cards in the entire neo set really. You just didn’t often get that kind of background/atmosphere that was just so fitting for the Mon–especially with the CG that is honestly so good looking despite my general distaste for CG. Top 5 Discovery cards for me (#1 most favorite and onward):

1. Ursaring
  2. Magnemite
  3. Tyranitar
  4. Umbreon
  5. Kabutops

Toast to you getting the remainder in that crisp NM+ condition!

2 Likes

Two of my favorite cards were the non holo magnemite and smeargle from discovery. If I had the holo version I probably would’ve worshipped it :grin: . And thanks, It’ll be a long journey.

2 Likes

Added some of my favorite sets, Neo Revelation and Destiny!

2 Likes