Kraken's Eeveelutions Binder Update

Goals:

• English and Japanese of every Eeveelution. 1st Editions, Unlimited, Errors (no symbols, misprints), Reverse Holos, Cameos, Unique stamps (KFC stamp tournament, etc).
  • For Umbreon, as many languages as possible, with the main focus on English and Japanese.
  • English and Japanese of every Eeveelution. 1st Editions, Unlimited, Errors (no symbols, misprints), Reverse Holos, Cameos, Unique stamps (KFC stamp tournament, etc).
  • Every language/variation Skarmory card made. Shouldn’t be the hardest thing in the world, but we’ll see. A nice little side collection that doesn’t necessarily kill my wallet.

Will probably never happen so don’t expect it:* PLAY! Gold Star Umbreon (Japanese)

• PLAY! Gold Star Espeon (Japanese)

Collection timeline:
June 13, 2021: This post (Initial post. No binder at the time. No Skarmory collection yet.)
July 3, 2021: First Skarmory Post
December 6, 2021: Finally hit the 500 card milestone
December 9, 2021: Binder Update
January 7, 2022: Skyridge Holo, Neo 1st Ed Umbreons, All Indonesian Skarmorys
April 17, 2023: Binder update at ~900 card mark

Original Post
Obviously still a missing a lot of cards, but I feel like I’m at a decent point now where I can actually share what I have.
The goal is to get all the English and Japanese cards for all the Eeveelutions, along with other languages with unique stamps/holo patterns. Obviously there’s some cards that are realistically impossible to get (Japanese Gold Star Umbreon price range) but you never know what will happen. Since Umbreon is my favorite Pokemon, I also decided to get as many cards from different languages as I can for it. With that in mind, here’s a checklist I made with as many languages/variations I could find. Still missing a lot of cards, but hopefully it can be useful for people who are trying to collect stuff besides English/Japanese. Totally open to adding/correcting the checklist if someone finds something missing/wrong.

Here’s my collection so far. I’ll apologize for the picture quality right now. The place with the best natural light in my house also has a lot of shadows across it and this was the biggest area of light at the time.

28 Likes

The holo Neo Discovery Umbreon is one of the best artworks in the whole TCG, just stunning. What an awesome collection!

Thanks! I’d rank the Skyridge one up there with the Neo Discovery. I think Umbreon’s early artworks are on a different level, along with Espeon.

1 Like

Very awesome progress so far. We share almost identical collection goals.

@eeveeteam, I’m hoping one day I can get to your level. Although I’m not sure what I’d do once I hit that. Maybe move on to other languages for Flareon or something.

1 Like

Managed to find a good deal on these Italian cards for cheap. Couldn’t pass up on them and snagged them. Can’t go wrong with Jungle Eevee and Flareon.

6 Likes

My girlfriend started from scratch on her own Eeveelution collection at the beginning of COVID. She now has new collection goals after sharing this thread and @eeveeteam ,s thread with her.

:sunglasses: Keep on setting the gold standard for Eeveelution collectors :sunglasses:

@gyarados416,
What were the collection goals before and after seeing our threads? Happy to inspire other Eeveelutions collectors.

Really happy to help inspire people @gyarados416. It’s funny because @eeveeteam is basically where I want to end up more or less.

2 Likes

After a while, my favorite modern, non-full art Umbreon card arrived. Can’t wait for it to come out in English with Evolving Skies. To add onto that, I managed to find my old reverse holo TV Reporter from EX Dragon in my old binder while looking for any Skarmory cards to start a Skarmory collection. Two great cards in 1 day I guess.

4 Likes

Initially just English Eevee’s. This naturally transformed into also including Gen 1 eeveelutions. These threads have given her the perspective of collecting additional languages, something she hadn’t considered before.

The nice thing about that is that most foreign languages just tend to be cheaper than English/Japanese cards if you know where to look. Usually they’re easy pick ups.

1 Like

@ragingkraken,I’d be curious to learn any sources you could recommend for foreign language cards.

@gyarados416, for French, use fr.shopping.rakuten.com/
I ordered several of my French McDonalds Eeveelutions cards from there. Those are from the Dark Explorers English set where they are normally non holo, and in the French set, they were holos. You can also find tons of others on the website.
For French, the Eeveelution names are Evoli, Aquali, Voltali, Pyroli, Mentali, Noctali, Phyllali, and Givrali. Good luck!
For Japanese, you can use tcg republic, they have some singles on there. Pick ones you like.
That is all I know about for now.

This is awesome, I’ll absolutely check it out. Thanks :grin:

@gyarados416, I agree with the site for french cards. Good site. If you feel like putting in the effort to navigate Ebay.fr then you can find a lot of french cards on there too.
For Chinese/Taiwanese cards there is shopee.tw, but you’re going to have to find a middleman for that. Otherwise, I have managed to find a seller on Ebay who sells legit cards from that region.
For German cards I’m afraid I can’t help there. I have a family member who’s going to move to Germany soon for school and they agreed to help get me German cards so I haven’t bothered looking for a site.
Korean cards are pretty common on Ebay too, and I do have a friend in Korea who helps me out from time to time.
I’ve also had pretty decent luck finding foreign cards on reddit. It’s how I got those Italian cards a couple of days ago. For foreign names, I’ve got the foreign names for all the Eeveelutions written down on the spreadsheet. Easiest way would be to filter the page by the region. I put the set name in their respective language in case that helps anyone find what they want too.

2 Likes

Well this was great, i too found 2 new cards for my collection for just few coins from that french site! :blush:

With these 2 Umbreons, I’ve now hit 70% of all current English Umbreons. So far so good.

I was on TCGPlayer looking to get some cheap cards and found a seller with one of those “hit $5 for free shipping” since they sold common cards. Challenge accepted. Managed to grab these plus some Skarmorys and Larvitars. Turns out it’s hard to hit that $5 when their expensive cards are like 20 cents. Drapion isn’t a mistake. It has an Espeon in the artwork, although it’s probably the weirdest looking Espeon ever featured.

1 Like

Right. Time for an update since some stuff I’d been waiting on for a while finally came in. Up first, my second box of Eevee Heroes. Managed to snag one for just above MSRP (don’t know how, being bored enough at work paid off I guess). First one net me the alt art Umbreon V and some Vs and VMAXs so I figured my luck would keep up. Ended up pulling the Vaporeon V alt art and an Umbreon VMAX. Not bad. Not a huge fan of the strange focus on the toes, but an Umbreon is an Umbreon. Still hoping for an Umbreon VMAX alt, but given how hard it is to find a decently priced box of this set, I might just have to resort to waiting for the English set to release before buying up whatever Japanese cards I need from this set. Hopefully prices get reasonable. Also had another Oracle 2004 WC card come in. Only 1 more to track down. and some EX cards came in, which is always nice, since the artwork on these are top notch.

And finally, this one’s been in the mail for a while, but I managed to get another Chinese Umbreon GX. Going to have to go over the list of cards again, but I’m pretty sure that means I only need the 2 Umbreon & Darkrai cards and the Eevee Heroes Umbreons to complete the Chinese set.

In the meantime, I’ve decided to start a secondary, much cheaper collection. A Skarmory collection. Hopefully that one ends up being easier to find affordable cards for, but I’m already running into issues trying to source a Chinese Skarmory lol.

4 Likes

Been saving my last couple of mail days until the big one arrived, so this is actually going to be pretty big. I’m also going to slow down on the pricier cards and probably look at getting all the cheap ones out of the way. Might work out better for me in terms of money but who knows.
Starting with the promo card. Really like this artwork for Umbreon, so figured I’d grab the Japanese version, since I got all the English and the French McDonald’s one already:

Up next some Chinese cards. I seriously love how much cheaper these things are compared to English/Japanese versions. It’s so nice. Didn’t plan on getting a Chinese Glaceon GX, but I threw in the minimum bid and no one else bid, so scored it without even trying.
Up next came a nice little Umbreon cameo card. Love the artwork on this one. Just wish the Japanese version was as cheap as the English one, but it is what it is.
Next came a card that seriously caused me a lot of trouble to get. I was surprised on how hard it was to find one of these in good condition. And then it was even harder to find one at a decent price. First one I ordered never showed up, so it was back on the hunt. Fortunately, second one I ordered actually showed up. Looking back at this picture, I should’ve probably taken it out of the top loader, and I should probably order new ones. I’ve run out, but I don’t actually have an LGS by me, so until then, it’s just a waiting game for stuff to get in stock. Also, I’m not looking forward to hunting down a good reverse holo version of this thing.
Finally, today’s mail day. Starting off with the card the seller decided to throw in there since it seemed he was just getting rid of his collection:Nice card, wasn’t expecting that one, so a nice surprise while opening up the packaging.
And then there’s the main card from today:Card has that one scratch on the tower on the holo but no complaints. The picture actually makes it super noticeable, but you actually have to look pretty carefully on the card to see that scratch. Real happy with this one. Been wanting to get this and the Skyridge one for a while before saving up for the gold star. Love old school Umbreon artwork, and that means I now have all the English Aquapolis Umbreons. Cards like these always nice to see come in the mail, but just so I don’t go blowing all the money I have on the next best deal(s) I can find online, I’m going to stick to cheaper cards for a bit now, or just trade some Eevee Heroes duplicates to save money. I swear, every time I open up a browser I’m looking for deals on cards.
On a side note, my much affordable Skarmory collection has started to come along nicely. Waiting for some cards to come in, and then it’ll be time to add those to this collection thread. It’s nice to go browse it and see that almost all the cards are under $1, and the most expensive is like $50. It feels so different collecting a non-mainstream Pokemon, both financially and mentally lol.

5 Likes