Kingboo64s collection thread - Shadowless base holos added!

Saw some really awesome collection threads on here, so thought I’d make one too. Here’s my binder set
Gold Stars: 2/12-17 (no longer going for all of them, just the ones I like the best
Shinings: 6/11, getting a mew very soon

Japanese exclusive promos: 1/?
SH set: 2/12
COL: 1/12
Crystals: 1/3

Celebis: 8/? Have to check @quuador ’s helpful list of them, going for all English and Japanese

WOTC holo collection

EX-SWSH

18 Likes

Gorgeous, Giovanni’s nidoking is one of my all time favorites

3 Likes

A nice mix of great cards! Thats one thing reddit has over e4, I just like to see a bunch of different cards to appreciate their art and the posters collection.

2 Likes

@kingboo64 I too love seeing the collection threads. Love your stuff man. Keep it up, look forward to seeing more!

1 Like

is the g star pika for sale?

No, if it’s in my collection thread, why would it be for sale?

3 Likes

Awesome collection!

1 Like

Thank you!

Great collection…thanks for posting!

1 Like

Mmm, hit me right in the nostalgia. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

@kingboo64 Sick collection! I love Shining cards! Probably my favorites from all of WOTC in my opinion! Also very nice gold stars. Let us know your next collection goal if you want to share. :blush:

Thank you! I love the shinings as well as you can see. Currently working on a complete shadowless/unlimited holo set, more celebis, all 5 of arita’s deoxys exs (the japanese gift box exclusive is a real pain, haven’t seen one since august), some sealed ex and wotc packs, and of course my gold stars and shinings. Currently I have 2 of the 5 deoxys, 13/32 holos, 7 out of ? celebis, and a jungle unlimited pack (with another pack arriving tomorrow). There are a couple of really high value items I hope to one day own; fan club magikarp (first ever shiny pokemon card), master key and master scroll (the key sadly has a celebi on it so I must have it!), and any wotc/ex box.

1 Like

@kingboo64 You sound quite ambitious like myself! I tend to spend about 85 percent of my income on cards. I’m all about the chase and simply building my collection. I’ve learned when you’re in the market for cards you really want to pull the trigger fast.

I did plan to collect 1st edition base as well but its gone above the price range I’m currently comfortable with. I can’t even get a decent grade Zard for 4-5k. At this point that probably buys you a 4 or something beat up haha. Another thing I’ve learned is to just move on when things get out of hand.

Congratulations to all your progress and I’m really looking forward to seeing your collection grow!

2 Likes

Sealed packs and PSAs :heart_eyes: Team rocket returns was a recent pickup, had the others since May.

6 Likes

Wow, such a nice spread of holo cards!

1 Like

Update, here’s my base set/shadowless holo set, have to upgrade to shadowless and maybe eventually 1st edition. A bit of backstory: I got this blastoise 2 or 3 years ago as a Christmas gift, and wanted to complete the set. However, my goals were all over the place and I was mostly collecting modern, so it never happened. About 2 years later after a break from the hobby for a bit, I got back into it fully earlier last year, and started again for all of 2 weeks, in which I got about 3 holos. In august, I acquired a collection of base through Japanese gym challenge, and had some base set in it. So I started my holo set again casually, and now have 12/16 holos. Maybe have a 1st ed Charizard coming in, as well as a zapdos, but here’s what I’ve got right now. Most are LP- NM with Poliwrath and magneton being exceptions

5 Likes