Kingboo64’s Celebi Collection - Massive Update!

I started collecting Celebi late 2020. Since then I’ve slowly been working on collecting every celebi card+cameos. I will be posting updates in this thread to keep track of my progress.

27 Likes

Celebi is one of my favourite Pokémon. Such a cute little spring onion. :heart_eyes:
What’s your favourite Celebi artwork?

Individual Pokémon collections are definitely my favourite, so I’m looking forward to you sharing more of these in future.

2 Likes

Celebi is a favourite of mine!
I often do the same thing my collecting habbits are very sporadic, i have so many things that are half finished but i end up buying other things instead! I also recently started a Suicune collection with the same intentions but have done the same as you did and neglected it. There is just so much to collect in the Pokemon TCG and so little money for it all :stuck_out_tongue:

A question about collecting a certain Pokemon… are you going after every card? what i mean is would you want a japanese gold star Celebi or English or would you want both? and the same for say holo /reverse holo or non holo of the same celebi card, would you just go after the holo and ignore the others? i’m struggling with this at the moment with the Suicune collection…

Great collection so far! Looking forward to see it finished :wink:
Also these would look great in a Celebi binder if you don’t have one already, This one is from 2002, Pokemon Center New York😛

2 Likes

I’m going after every single variant. A good example is the Triumphant Celebi. So when finished, I’ll have the 7 different versions: DVD non holo, holo, reverse, Japanese holo, Japanese reverse, 1st edition holo, and 1st edition reverse. It’s going to be quite a while before I finish, as there are multiple design contest cards featuring Celebi as well as Master Key. I also love that binder, will definitely look into that.

2 Likes

Congrats again on the Unlimiteds, man! Celebi is one of the few Legendaries/Mythical Pokemon that I love and it’s got a great design! Lucky for you that there’s some incredible artwork from the newest sets of this! Best of luck on completing the set!

Are you hoping to go after the Master Key eventually for the Celebi cameo?

@pichufan , I don’t have 1 favorite, but I really love the CP Celebi and the skyridge. @azulryu, I hope to one day be able to obtain a Master key but I don’t see that happening anytime soon, as it is far out of my price range atm.

2 Likes

Heeey, i’ll pm you about that reverse muk! :blush:

There are allot of Celebi cards

@kingboo64 , Those Lugia/Ho-oh deck boxes! Arita for sure! Very nice. I mean, the whole HGSS post is nice. My personal favorite era, and those rev holos look pretty clean. Whatever the condition, great haul!

1 Like

Only 1 new Celebi added but it’s a nice one! Really good condition too, super pleased to own the Japanese version

12 Likes

Haven’t updated this thread in a while, but I’ve slowly been chipping away at the celebi set. Picked up a few of the modern celebi

Won auctions for some of the more expensive celebi, the shining was a psa 6 from pwcc a few months ago

Last and certainly not least is my biggest addition so far, a fan winner zorua from the 2009 design contest! This card is a grail for me so finally getting one is huge, and my favorite illustrator zorua. I didn’t think I’d be able to get one this year, but one showed up for a really good price and I jumped at the opportunity. Absolutely thrilled to own one of these, and 200 copies makes it one of my rarest cards.

10 Likes

the mythical fairies are top tier

1 Like

Really awesome collection. I had no idea there were so many Celebi cards.

Congrats on the Zorua card too. I recently got one of the different artworks. It’s an amazing feeling opening up the packaging and seeing the card.

1 Like

I love collections like this, celebi is also a big favourite of mine, I especially loved it’s XY promo cards

1 Like

pog

1 Like

Ah great collection, love the Stadium personally. You’ve got a great clean card!