Khairis's Collection

I’ve finally decided to start a collection thread! For now I’m planning on just posting new things I’ve been receiving, but maybe I’ll make it more in depth if I have time.

These are the cards I received as a Christmas gift from my husband. He knows I’ve been chipping away at a PSA 9 1st edition Base set but the Magikarp kind of caught me off guard. I know I’ve stated it elsewhere, but someday I want to own an authentic Unikarp, but he remembered that I wanted to get a PSA 10 Webkarp in the meantime so I can enjoy the artwork. I’m very happy to have all these very iconic and important cards in my collection now!

25 Likes

Looking forward to seeing more of your collection. Love that Magikarp in particular. Besides 1st Edition Base in PSA, what are your other collection goals?

1 Like

Mew has always been my favorite Pokemon. The next super large purchase to me would be a gold star Mew PSA 10 in English. I’m hoping I’ll get one before the year is over!

I’ve also been working on PSA 9 Holo Neo Genesis - Revelations sets. I think I’ll maybe post this one first so others can see where I am at. I don’t really have a strong feeling towards Neo Destiny. I opened like… one booster pack as a kid, pulled a Shining Tyranitar and walked away. I know the artwork is unique, but I have more of a connection to the first three sets, which resemble an extention of that Base set artwork.

Sealed wise, Plasma - Phantom Forces sets are really meaningful sets to me and I enjoy finding sealed product from that time. Right now all my sealed is in the form of tins. I think I would like to add a Plasma Blast booster box to my collection, and then a Flashfire Box.

3 Likes

I purchased this set a couple weeks ago. It came partially sealed, with the bulk coming in the seal and the Holos coming sleeved. I’ve been holding off on buying these cards for over a year, but I think it was finally time. I will most likely still buy a PSA 10 copy of this Mew for my collection at some point. My favorite card in this set aside from Mew is probably the Pikachu. The picture is really eye catching and the best part is that Magikarp is in it! Magikarp is another one of my favorite Pokemon.

10 Likes

The Pokemon Rumble collection looks super awesome. I have the Japanese version in my collection goals.

2 Likes

Yeeeees! Pokemon Rumble! I honestly think these cards are underappreciated. They always bring me back to the days of old 3D games for Pokemon. Congrats on getting them all!

4 Likes

Today I got a big haul in the mail! I recently won an auction for a complete NM/M 1st ed. Fossil set. These are just the holos. I was slowly working on trying to pick up NM/M singles for my binder, but I was missing a ton of the holos still. Now I’m going to go back to finishing Jungle.

I also picked up this amazing card! When I was little I used to have an unlimited holofoil Dark Charizard but I have no idea where it went. Part of me thinks I might have traded it for the Base Unlimited Venusaur I have right now and somehow forgot about it. It’s probably one of the greatest mysteries within my Pokemon collecting journey and I’m super happy to have this card in my collection now. I never thought I’d have a PSA Mint WotC Charizard so my mind is a little blown.

12 Likes

Nice Jungle set, 1st wotc making a comeback this decade.NIce Dark Rocket Zard psa9 ; that’s like $270

2 Likes

Great pickups! :smiley:

1 Like

Very good additions, web and base 1st ed you have good taste as well

1 Like

Just picked this up a few weeks ago! Funny enough I posted a couple weeks before that that this card hadn’t even been available on Ebay for months. When I saw it finally appear I didn’t even think about it, just pulled the trigger. I’m really happy to finally have this card.

I received this Squirtle as my Valentine’s Day gift. Now the final starter I need is just Bulbasaur but that’ll probably happen a while from now.

10 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, although I’ve purchased a lot since then. I’ve had these for a while now but I wanted to share these as they are one of my favorite groupings of cards in my collection. I never went for the 10 as I enjoyed having more 9s. I’m so proud of my little army of Caterpies.

14 Likes

Why is that strangely so beautiful?

5 Likes

Caterpie army is the best army.

3 Likes

I love the Ampharos card (very surprising, I know, given my profile picture). The Caterpie Army is really cool too.

3 Likes

@khairis Very nice collection! What’s your favorite card out of your recent fossil pick ups?

Also very nice that your hubby got you cards as gifts! Especially remembering your UniKarp goal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! I’d have to say my favorite Fossil holo is Dragonite. The colors are just too mesmerizing. Second place would go to Haunter, which is actually the only Fossil holo I have graded in 1st Ed. PSA 9. To me, Haunter is better than Gastly/Gengar. I only wish the holo stood out a little more on the card.

I was definitely surprised with the cards he bought for me and I’m not sure if I would have ever owned them if he hadn’t purchased them for me at that time. I honestly don’t know if I would have purchased the Pikachu at 1K+ now with current prices over let’s say a PSA 7 or 8 1st base holo. It’s weird to think that looking at my own thread surprises me now, haha.

3 Likes

I was recently looking at my ebay purchases from the past 2 years and everything was sooo cheap compared to now, its weird seeing those prices. If only I had known

2 Likes

Some new cards I’m pretty excited about came today! Won these on an Ebay auction last week. I was mostly in it for the Marill but I needed all the cards anyways. I’m also really into the Flaaffy and Magby artworks.

7 Likes

I really need to update this thing more. I’ve purchased so many cool cards this year. Scrolling back earlier in this thread, I was asked what card I wanted to purchase and I said that I wanted to get a Gold Star Mew in PSA 10 before the year was over. Well, I can’t afford (or probably even find) a 10 anymore so I pulled the trigger on this card instead. It’s absolutely beautiful for what I paid and it has so far been the single most expensive card I’ve ever purchased. I also bought it on New Year’s Eve, which wasn’t planned, but I found it amusing that I fulfilled my 2020 dream card at the last possible moment.

6 Likes