Kevinertia's Collection

Pearl gang let’s go

2 Likes

I enjoyed hearing your thoughts on the decisions you made. The Theater VS cards are stunning. Your formatting is organized and your images are clean. Lovely update.

2 Likes

Agreed with Pulp. Loved your update and love the theater half deck. Though it isn’t their first japanese release, seeing the japanese Kinebuchi e-potion and e-switch in a 10 is real nice!

We all can relate to buying a secondary or even tertiary, loose goal card because the price is undeniable. So many deals out there. It’s a winning learning experience, though, because at least you end up with cards that are amazing.

Stick to those main goals, and don’t veer off! Deals are only going to be more common in the coming months.
There will almost always be time for those :blush:

2 Likes

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts as that is something I am recently debating within myself too of just shooting high and going for the larger single card or multiple cards that I would enjoy but don’t possess the same level of rarity/exclusive art. Thank you and really enjoyed seeing your new additions!

1 Like

@pulpyfan, @brendantheclayboy, @nikhil, thank you! I’ve enjoyed seeing your collections as well, and I appreciate the kind words.

3 Likes

That Hoenn resin statue looks very cool. Now you make me want to buy it, lol. Awesome collection!

1 Like

Love the collection and the focus to buying more expensive things you appreciate rather than a bunch of little stuff. Been going through the same dilemma myself. Also, you need to add the sowsow birthday card to your collection!

4 Likes

Small update. My mountain of cards from the PWCC October block just arrived today, and another auction round has already ended. Took my shot at a couple rare items, but someone else wanted them more. Still got a few nice pickups with this pair being the highlight.

These are my favorite modern cards. The release caught my eye immediately when I first discovered it, but held off on buying as I figured my interest would wane as it has with a lot of other modern items. Some time passed, the cards were still on my mind, and prices were dropping as more supply kept hitting the market so… I went ahead and bought. Very happy with the purchase and praying this doesn’t open the mental door to more trainers like EBD and Masked Royal, as my collection goals are already scattered in too many directions as it is.

In my infinite wisdom of galaxy brain 4D chess extended bidding strategy… I also accidentally won both Giovannis on the block. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

That’s all for now, more stuff on the way so I should have another update in the coming weeks.

16 Likes

How much did you end up paying for those Giovanni’s Schemes? I think I put in a bid at one point on the auctions that ended earlier this week :sob:

Awesome collection!

Congrats brother, awesome pickups! Always loved these cards and I’m glad to see someone picking them up.

1 Like

I really love your collection, especially the sowsow collection. I hope one day she/he will do a Bulbasaur card. :grin:

1 Like

Another month, another update.

Took a risk throwing a low bid on a Rayquaza ☆ with no back pics willing to accept that it might be a “weak” 10. What I was not prepared for, however, was receiving by far the worst PSA 10 I’ve ever seen. I’d expect it to regrade somewhere around a 5 or 6. Oh well. I’ve been lucky with a lot of gambles so far, so I was due to take an L at some point.

[2022/09/16 later edit follow-up - I sent the card into PSA for review shortly after I got it. They stated that the grade was fine as-is. I sold the card on PWCC. It has sold two more times since then, most recently with no back pics again via Probstein…]

That aside, I’ve still been slowly working through additions and upgrades for my weather trio collection. No rush really on these, just happy to pick up the cards I like over time.

And another set that’s been a slow process… I’ve been buying JP Base 9’s for a few months now and have accumulated multiple near-complete holo sets, but somehow just got a Nidoking for my first fully complete set. Obviously my interests are all over the place as I’ve gone back through the history of the hobby, but Base Set will still always be special to me as my starting point.

That’s all for now. On to another month of auctions. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

22 Likes

Always loved that Coro Kyogre ex. Moby Dick vibes.

1 Like

mfw sellers post 2X,XXX,XXX cert PSA 10s without back pics

pro-tip: If you wanna sell weak slabs, sell it through PWCC to avoid buyer from complaining

Wow man! The slab set of the JP base holos is and will forever be eye candy of the highest degree. You aren’t messin’ around with these auctions, damn! Comin’ in hot.

Definitely top 5 worst offenders I’ve seen. That card is heavily played. You’d almost think it is a tampered case it is so bad.

1 Like

Yep, when I first looked at it my thought was “that’s gotta be fake”. I’ve seen plenty of 10s that look like 9 and a handful that look like 8s but… nothing like this. Still not 100% sure.

1 Like

Buy the grade not the card

1 Like

yes because psa only graded shitty in the 2 certs lmfao

idk why but most of the terrible psa 10/psa 9 misgrades I see are from the 2 certs. just an observation that keeps getting strengthened by more and more examples.

including a PSA 9 Rocket Suicune I had that literally had a giant crease in the center of the card.