Jopo's slime army

Thought I’d upload some photos of my favourite cards in the binders, really had to be picky with my choices tho since the era really has iconic cards all over place. I didn’t include any Tomokazu Komiya cards here even though they basically beat almost everything since i have a separate collection (which is growing veeery slowly atm) but will post something about them later! Also didn’t post any grimer or muk cards here even though you probably can guess they are amongst my favourites :blush:

I really feel like venusaur is heavily overlooked even though it’s the best original starter imo, this artwork is killing it and it’s a bit shame it didn’t make it into any real set so it feels like it was just some kind of leftover. But on the other hand since they made it a best of game promo it also got a jumbo version that way which is nice.

I’ve kinda got bored in charizard since it feels like people only care about him nowdays and pokemon company is feeding it by printing more and more zard chards all the time, so definitely not my favourite pokemon. But this artwork is just too iconic for me to complain, the cartoonish style hits me super hard and even though this particular copy has a lot of imperfections i think it deserves to be the so called cake of these binders.

Here’s the last unique card art i missed, skyridge gengar. Even though artwise it may not be on the level of the other things i’m posting it deserves to be here for the feeling of completing something this large. And next to it is one of the absolute top tier card arts ever made and since i had to buy it 3 times until i finally got it safe and sound it also has cemented a place in my heart. When you are waiting for one of your favourite cards to arrive and not once but twice it gets destroyed in mail, it makes waiting for the 3rd time super stressful!

Neo destiny really can’t be beaten, it really is the best set ever printed in pokemon tcg. Not many things can beat gengar in previous photo but the light pokemon in the same set are able to do that. Really could have picked almost any of the light pokemon cards here but i think these are the top 3 of them if not top 3 of all pokemon cards.

If neo destiny is great, so is southern islands. Like the light pokemon, i really could have picked any card in the set to be presented here. You simply can’t not love the set and i’m quite sure there isn’t many that don’t agree with me on that.

This was a card the bothered me in my childhood so much. I saw it as a kid but had no idea how to obtain it or even learn the pokemon name since it was a japanese copy. But my friend printed it for me and glued it on an energy card, i loved it so much i even gave it the only sleeve i had back then, lol (luckily i still stored all my cards in binders so even without sleeves they made it in really good condition in my adulthood). And when i returned the hobby as an adult, this was one of the first cards i got in my collection since the memories of it felt crystal clear again.

12 Likes

That Tyranitar was my first introduction to a Gen 2 favorite. I had a 1st Edition pulled from an English and loved it for years before eventually parting with it. Even saw some play in the two years I used to play.

Do you still have the energy-card glued version? XD Would love to see it!

1 Like

I was foolish enough to toss it away when i got the real thing :sweat_smile: only afterwards i saw how big sentimental value it had for me, that really bugs me a lot more than it probably should

1 Like

Haha, I hear that. We all have to learn some lessons the hard way. You can always recreate it as a symbol!

1 Like

I don’t think that low quality printers exist anymore so recreating it may be difficult :grin:

Another one of my other collections, this one being my favourite collection alongside the slime army, my almost completed topps collection!

Here are my binders filled with regular topps cards, gen 1 cards i’ve bought as 1st edition silver foils and the rest just as non holos so this is by no means master set (which would be crazy since the amount of variants is overwhelming even without topps chrome) but i’ve included one version of every card in every set. Topps cards were the first pokemon cards i ever got so their sentimental value for me is through the roof and for years my number one completion goal has been them and that has turned out to be a lot more difficult than i anticipated. Atm i’m missing only 2 cards but finding those cards really is the most difficult task (you might have noticed me bumping my buy thread about them :grin: ).

Here are the nuisances where i’ve left blank pages for totodile and furrett that avoid me like plague! I’ve been thinking that once (if that ever happens) i’ll post here all my topps chase cards but until that happens these 7 beauties will have to represent them :blush: i’ve really grown a love-hate relationship to them since while they are gorgeous looking and i really like them i can’t stand to look at the page with 2 cards missing that have caused me so much stress, i might be overreacting but they’ve really managed to get under my skin :grin: so not doing the same thing as with wotc cards where i posted some of my favourites, i’ll just post all the chase cards here when the project is finally done. Not sure if my rambling about them is interesting to any of you but i’ve sacrificed so much time for them in my head that i feel like i needed a place to ramble about them a bit :grin:

Also adding few other things to this post, wanted to include these 2 cards since i found their arrival hilarious. As the stamp states they were sent to me 10th june …in 2020, so they actually spent a year + few days on their journey before they arrived :grin: luckily i never bought replacements for exactly these cards so now it felt like getting free cards, a very welcome addition to legendary collection reverse holos i mentioned in my wotc post

Wanted to share my newest addition in slime army too since my girlfriend surprised me with a muk mug! This week has been full of surprises since i got this + the legedary collection nidoran and tentacruel This was actually her late birthday present for me and she also included some sponsorship money in my slime army so i’ll be soon making some more additions i’m choosing with her, she has really liked the few grimer and muk figures i’ve gotten so might be buying some more of those with her.

You also may notice that i added an avatar here, on ig a fellow collector drew me this absolutely outstanding piece of art and it finally felt like something i want to add as my avatar here :blush:

8 Likes

Wow, a year later and it still arrived, wtf. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

And love that Muk Mug. :grin: Good luck in completing your Neo Topps set.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

The plot collection thickens, it oozes!

Mostly wanted to say love your new avatar—I think it fits perfectly!

3 Likes

Thanks! I couldn’t make up my mind about the avatar earlier since nothing felt good enough so i was rather without one but when i received that i immediately fell in love with it!

2 Likes

Hey man,

I have no idea what I’m posting- saw it on a trade site.

My comparitively weak google-fu seems to have come up blanks… but I figured that you’d either be placed to tell me what it is… whether it’s a real card or what, either way it has a slime in it…

Pentagon

1 Like

This looks to be just a custom card used as a timestamp :blush:

1 Like

Ahh fake news, apologies

It indeed looks like a custom card, but i really appreciate that you thought of me when you saw some slime! :blush:

2 Likes

Your taste in slime is so good. Congrats on putting such a good collection together. I love seeing all the non-tcg items; especially the ones in the binder, there’s something so inviting about random items organised like that.

2 Likes

Thanks, really appreciate it! And i have to admit i’m quite happy about the order i’ve organised them, even though i have to rearrange a lot of them everytime i get something new related to something already in binder but that’s just part of the fun :grin:

2 Likes

Even though last weeks have been quiet with new arrivals i still have something i want to show here, nothing major but still nice additions in both tcg and non tcg binders. Several of these also are purchases or trades from the community which makes them more special for me!

These stickers were a purchase from a fellow species collector from ig. The big one is a variant of a sticker i already owned but didn’t know there even were any variants for it. The stickers on right apparently came with bubble gum in Turkey :grin: Can’t really be sure if they are official but they are cool looking and i love their origin so definitely adding them in the binder. Bottom row she added as extras and even though i already have all the muk ones those are always nice surprises!

This was a trade from an ig collector, it’s quite beaten up but really can’t say no to holo bleed fossil muk! Don’t really care about it’s condition especially since it’s perfectly good binder copy, basically love everything about it.

This i was also thrilled to add in my non tcg binder! It’s one of the only two amada stickers of grimer or muk that i know for sure i’m missing so as far as i know only one to hunt down now. There still might be more i’m not aware of but still a big milestone, especially since this one has definitely one of the coolest arts i’ve seen on muk cards or stickers. Japanese vintage stuff really is difficult to beat.

These i got from @quuador, and i actually was supposed to get only the pog but he very kindly added the 3 extra cards from different languages! The pog (or flippo as i’ve learnt it is) already is a great addition but the extra cards also made me want to get an example of grimer or muk card in all the languages they have been released. Since i’m europe based all the european languages won’t be too much trouble since i’m not too picky about what the example card is but thai and indonesian are bit more tricky.

This i also heard from Quuador, apparently a relatively small portion (his source estimated that around 1/20 of muk cards have it) of unlimited fossil muk cards have this very tiny but still repeating and very existing misprint i had never heard of. In bottom left corner there is an ink dot in “footprints” text, and even though i don’t consider repeated error cards as a part of my master set i really wanted to add this one in my error card page :blush: it was also quite easy one to add since it’s so small error and relatively new info which made it that basically no one selling fossil muk cards didn’t know about it, didn’t have to wait long until one listing with a misprinted version of muk popped up at reasonable price

Probably next showing again some parts of my other collections but hoping i can soon add some more slime to this thread!

13 Likes

Love the Flippo and the Holo-bleed! I find that cards/items provided by members of the community to be some of my favorite pieces in my own and it sounds like you have the same appreciation. Great additions! Once again Kevin’s diligence comes through for collectors everywhere!

2 Likes

Indeed! I never got to trade much as a kid so i’m living my best life with them now :blush: and the man really is a walking ensyclopedia, i hope he doesn’t find out anything too expensive about my projects :grin:

1 Like

This is so awesome. It’s so satisfying to watch it all. Prices has indeed risen verry quickly what makes it harder to keep collecting like before.
But just don’t give up, it just takes longer now.

2 Likes