Jonbo's Ampharos (and other stuff) Collection Thread

Hello everyone, I figured I should finally start a collection thread.

For my graded card goals, I’m working towards graded master sets of all of my favorite Pokemon. I’ve got a few now, but a lot of them I got as near mint copies to save money. These of course have been at PSA for 3/4 of a year at this point, so I’m hoping to add them to my collection soon enough.

I’m also collecting a lot of Japanese promos, at the moment mostly modern-ish ones until I can afford some older stuff. I also got these as near mint copies and are currently being graded. I’m happy to wait a while for these cards to come back if it means I can save money in the long run, I’ll have them back eventually :blush:

Graded Master Set List:-Ampharos-Sunkern-Sunflora-Yanma-Flygon-Meganium

Here’s what I have so far for graded cards working towards my master sets:

Thanks for looking everyone! :grin:

35 Likes

Finally got around to getting one of these :blush:

12 Likes

Wow love your collection :blush:

Sick collection! Love all the Sunkern arts! Can’t wait to see where your collection will be in the future :slight_smile:

I like the nice binder space!

Recently added these to my collection!

11 Likes

Happened to see one of these pop up, it’s only a pop 9 in a PSA 10 (pop 14 for all grades) so I couldn’t pass it up! A lot of these Ampharos cards are hard to find since most people didn’t have a reason to grade them.

15 Likes

Recently picked this up, knocking another less commonly graded Ampharos off the list!

10 Likes

Grabbed some more Ampharos to send in for grading. I’ll probably update my first post to be laid out better to show which Ampharos cards I have and which I’m missing. Finishing this master set will probably be my main collecting goal for now.

9 Likes

Been a while since my last update, but I’ve checked quite a few Ampharos off my list. All of these are going to be submitted to PSA at some point once they fully reopen. I also grabbed a few fun non TCG cards that have Pokemon I like on them. The McDonald’s Togepi has been on my wants list for months now and I finally found a minty one to submit.

10 Likes

Grabbed another already graded Ampharos because it was basically the same price as raw + grading fee. Not sure what the little Ampharos card is from but I like some of these random non TCG cards. The Ampharos Prime knocks another raw to be graded copy off my list, and the Sunkern is another deal that I just happened to come across at the right time.

6 Likes

Love the ampharos collection :blush: I would always add it to my 2nd gen team, such a cool pokemon

2 Likes

I believe the mini ampharos card might be the ones that come with bandai figures!

1 Like

Fantastic collection! Ampharos has such a cool design, love seeing your appreciation for it :blush:

This collection is amazing!! I’m a fellow Ampharos enthusiast with the same goal as you. Awesome to meet another collector, hopefully we can help each other out moving forward.

I encourage you to submit your Amphy collection to the PSA registry so it is easier to keep track of progress and what you need. I have several Ampharos cards off at PSA now and a lot of times I send dupes in so I’d be happy to trade and stuff in the future. I’ll go ahead and send you a message.

PSA Registry is free and here is the link to it.

When you have a second, check out my Ampharos collection thread.

Cheers!

Thank you, absolutely! Yeah all of my Ampharos cards are in the set registry. Their master set is actually pretty outdated, I’m hoping to help build out the master list as I get some back.

Got the Holo Pop 7 Promo Ampharos in PSA 9. I have a couple of these at PSA myself, but they’re pretty hard to find raw in good shape.

10 Likes

Love that Pop 7 Ampharos!

1 Like

Finally got a PSA return so I have quite a few things to add to the collection!

Graded these four Ampharos, happy with the 10s! The Dragon Frontiers getting an 8 was expected, I actually pulled this card when it came out and wanted to grade it for sentimental purposes. Glad to check these off my list.

I grabbed the Jirachi VS deck last year and graded the whole thing, but really I just wanted the Flygon and Jirachi. Very happy with the grades on these too.

These last five are all cards that I saved from when I originally opened them from packs the 5s were pretty unsurprising on the first set of Meganium and Flygon EX, but I’m pretty happy about the grades on the second two. Bonus Gatling Dragon, I actually got this from one single pack at a random flea market as a kid, I of course had to grade it. Really didn’t expect the 8, that actually seems pretty generous to me.

9 Likes

Got another PSA return back, definitely happy with what came back!

These Togetic cards will be going into my collection, I’m especially excited about the Light Togetic:

Also adding this VS Yanma to the personal collection, and another Ampharos to check off the list:

6 Likes